Crew turning into tourists.

I had a really weird thing happen. I had a mission to put a kerbin in orbit for 30 days. So I made a ship, loaded it with food, water, and oxygen. Put Valentine Kerbin in it. Then launched it into orbit. All was fine until I went to bring her back after 30 days.

She had somehow become a tourist.

I have no clue how. I had no control over the ship or anything. I resorted to using notepad++ to edit the save and bring her down that way so she could be rescued. I tried to make her a crew member again by editing the save but the game would just convert her back into a tourist again. I got her down but she got no experience for it.

Has anyone else had this problem?

10 minutes ago, GenJeFT said:

Has anyone else had this problem?

When I have USI life support installed and forget to feed my kerbals or provide enough space to live in, sure, exactly this problem.
You have provided neither any details of the craft, nor a list of mods involved, so all else is speculation.

FWIW, with USI a 1-kerbal pod can only keep 1 kerbal sane for ~14 days, regardless of how much snacks are aboard. I'm assuming you have it installed, as it's the only mod I know of where becoming a tourist as a penalty is a thing.

Edited by steve_v

13 hours ago, steve_v said:

When I have USI life support installed and forget to feed my kerbals or provide enough space to live in, sure, exactly this problem.
You have provided neither any details of the craft, nor a list of mods involved, so all else is speculation.

FWIW, with USI a 1-kerbal pod can only keep 1 kerbal sane for ~14 days, regardless of how much snacks are aboard. I'm assuming you have it installed, as it's the only mod I know of where becoming a tourist as a penalty is a thing.

Yea, I do have USI life support installed. Is there any way to prevent that from happening?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.