[1.4.2] Mkerb Inc. Oxidizer Tank

ManuxKerb

Hi!

Just when you need that extra oxidizer on your spaceplane.....

Spacedock:https://spacedock.info/mod/1778/Mkerb Inc. Oxidizer Tank

This mod can be localized if you are a volunteer :-)

More stuff follows :-)

Just want to put it out there...

Update: Added Licence text.

Edited by ManuxKerb

I do not want to discourage you from modding and appreciated the initiative and ideia from this mod, but we already have a lot of mods that allows to switch the contents of any tank, to any resources and quantities we want, without adding any more parts for this. I think they are a better solution for this problem.

I like Modular Fuel Tanks a lot. But right now I'm using Cryo Tanks (from Cryo Engines and Kerbal Atomics), that allows to switch any tank to LF and Ox/LH2 and Ox/LH2/Ox, in a clean and stock-a-like menu.

And people will surely ask you to include a license in the mod, and maybe say you are using Squad assets.

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I can switch some tanks but not all of them and i dont know why. To put it simply i could not switch the tanks i needed. So i made the mod :-.) I there a mod what lets you switch out all the contents without adding new tanks? I dont want to clutter my game any more with tanks if i can help it.

Are you sure you installed the mod correctly, and a version compatible with your KSP version? You should be able to change the contents of any tank that holds LF/Ox, like the FL-T100 you used in your mod. Tanks that holds only LF have some limitations, but you can change that in the configs.

Link for the mod:

Feel free to ask again if something don't work, with screenshots and some details.

2 hours ago, ManuxKerb said:

Hi

I installed Modular Tanks but as said before not all tanks are switchabe and much more important there is no switch to pure oxidizer...

@ManuxKerb

You need to click in the "Show UI", and from there you can add only Ox, or any combination of LF, Ox, Xenon or Monoprop that fits into the tank:

dllhost_2018_04_02_15_31_58.png

What tank you wish to change and cannot?

• 4 years later...

Umm @zer0Kerbal I don't believe a mod like this needed adoption. Like this person said above...

On 3/31/2018 at 4:16 PM, MaximumThrust said:

but we already have a lot of mods that allows to switch the contents of any tank, to any resources and quantities we want, without adding any more parts for this. I think they are a better solution for this problem.

It's a far better idea, concerning such a basic mod as this, to install the lightest fuel switch plugin out there and avoid adding parts altogether. The idea behind these two mods is the exact same: "I don't want parts mods or complexity at all. I just want only LF here and only OX there."

23 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Umm @zer0Kerbal I don't believe a mod like this needed adoption. Like this person said above...

I don't believe it's up to you do decide.

If there's someone willing to maintain it, and the previous owner was willing to transfer it, and a third one is willing to publish it, I really fail to see where the problem is.

Let users choose.

23 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

It's a far better idea, concerning such a basic mod as this, to install the lightest fuel switch plugin out there and avoid adding parts altogether. The idea behind these two mods is the exact same: "I don't want parts mods or complexity at all. I just want only LF here and only OX there."

Fuel Switches can be problematic. B9PS have a myriad of support tickets caused by 3rd parties. Not their fault, but the user can't play the game the same until the thing is fixed and it's hard to criticise a user that decides to look for alternatives and avoid the hassle for little things like a oxidiser tank.

(it's exactly what I did too, by the way.)

Not to mention KSP squashing the resources to prefab itself, forcing Fuel Switches to do things that make coexistence even harder - I know what I'm talking, I maintain TweakScale. Check the Companion's Source Code to see some borderlines situations and how I had to cope with them.

Installing a Fuel Switch with the sole purpose of having a pure oxidiser tank can be a way overkill and expand the user's surface for attacks by unexpected (and surely undesired) problems.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.