[1.4.4]MNWS -- Modern Naval Weapon System (BDAc addon)

Johnny005611

We create this mod to better simulate a modern naval combat as a BDAc addon.

Full version DOWNLOAD LINK: https://spacedock.info/mod/1779/[MNWS]Modern Naval Weapon System

Full version contains all three packs below.

MNWS AERO pack -- only contains planes:https://spacedock.info/mod/1923/[MNWS]Modern Naval Weapon System - AERO pack?ga=%3CGame+3102+%27Kerbal+Space+Program%27%3E

MNWS SHIP pack -- only contains ships:https://spacedock.info/mod/1924/[MNWS]Modern Naval Weapon System - SHIP pack

MNWS WEAPON pack -- only contains weapon systems:https://spacedock.info/mod/1926/[MNWS]Modern Naval Weapon System - WEAPON pack#

CTw5nS.png

CTwI0g.png

CTwhX8.png

CTwo7Q.png

In that case, we would want the maximun performance and the minimun usage of your computer. 

That's why we made all the MNWS SINGLE-PART.

Now we have single-part-ship and single-part-fighter and a series number of missiles.

It's time to start a war!

Mod List:

AAMS:(Advanced Anti-Air System) AAMS AAMSL AAMSLM AAMSR SAAM FRADAR HHQXL1 HHQXL2 HHQXX

VLS:(Vertical Launch System) AVLS1 AVLS2 AVLS3 MissileCell(CGNX2050) MMB(Air) AVLSX1 AVLSX2 AVLSX3

Ships: DDG1000(Destroyer) BBNX(Battleship) CGNX002(Cruiser) CGNX2050(Cruiser) FFG001(Frigate) FDG(Frigate) CVN003F CVN004 SSBNX SSBN002 AMB AMBII 055A(Destroyer) 055X1(Cruiser) 075(LSD) CVN21 CVN16 065(Destroyer)

Fighters: F22 CFA44 CFA44A UCAV1 UCAF2 XV32 UN80(Helicopter) F16C F16XL F35 NATF NATF2 EDI Dragon

Bomber: H20A H20B

Truck: 3X(Series)  TRUCK

Truck Module: 3X2 3X6L 3XL 3X120 3XLaser 3XR LLauncher

Rail Gun: DDG2002(208mm) RGBB(428mm * 2)

Missiles(Prototype Ship - Air): SM_KKV SM_LREW SM_SADRM SM_SRADRM SAS  

Missiles(Ship - Air): HHQ16C HHQ19 HHQ19RCS  SM_KV11

Missiles(Air - Air): SASAA SM_AADRM SM_RAADRM RR120 CUDA(CGNX2050) 

Bombs(Air - Ship): SDB28 

Missiles(Ship - Groud/Ship): LRASM-A(Ship) LRASM-A(Air) LRASM-B(Ship) LRASM-B(Air) X51A(Ship) AGM46 AGM84 AGM84-BS AGM258(AGM2588)  

Torpedo: MK56Launcher MK58Launcher MK48(Sub) MK56(Ship) MK58(Ship)

Missile(Submarine - Ground): BMM

Missile(Ground - Ground): GBBM

Spoiler

9bb7M4.gif

9bbRZn.gif

9qjseg.gif

9qwZUP.gif

Required Mods:

1.BDAc (include PRE)

2.Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

3.Vessel Mover continue

4.Module Manager

Recommanded Mods:

1.Aircraft Carrier Accessories  

2.Single Part Aviation https://spacedock.info/mod/1034/Single Part Aviation(f22)

This mod is now distributed under the license CC-BY-SA 4.0.

Presented by Kerwis Team.

Hope you enjoy it!

Edited by Johnny005611

3 hours ago, Nyarlathotep- said:

I cant use the carriers because if I try to land on one the plane I use WILL explode, no exceptions, my solution is to just separate the bridges from the rest of the ship.

As far as I know it is because you dont have the right version of KJR(Kerbal Joint Reinforcement), please use the latest version of KJR.

And you'll find it different.

2 minutes ago, Johnny005611 said:

As far as I know it is because you dont have the right version of KJR(Kerbal Joint Reinforcement), please use the latest version of KJR.

And you'll find it different.

If that was the problem why would the plane explode like I flew it into the ground?

1 hour ago, Nyarlathotep- said:

If that was the problem why would the plane explode like I flew it into the ground?

Consider big ship needs KJR to use properly, and for the fighters I've never seen such cases. They all perform very well during tests.

Please be noticed that 4 required mods must be installed properly before you use MNWS.

One easy way to check that is you press Alt + F12, enterting the cheat mode, and see if the ships/fighters still self exploded, in that way if it works fine then you probably need to update your KJR.

If it still goes wrong, feedback with me as below:

1.Game version [1.x.x]

2.BDAc version [ It shoud be 20180317 version]

3.KJR version

4.Gamedata/Reports 

1 hour ago, njmksr said:

Looks cool, but I'd love to have hull parts and such...

However, this is the only single-part mod I've bothered to download, so I think that says something. Looks great!

It is much more fun to have several parts putting together and I agree with that.

But when I've done that I find my computer playing like I'm using PPT.

So as I said before, the main purpose of MNWS is to simulate modern naval combat with minimiun costs, and even though only one fully armed CVN will have over 3000 parts and that is a huuuuge challenge for the computer that most people are using.  

1 hour ago, XOC2008 said:

The VLS and Mk41 systems aren't recognized by selecting missiles or by guard mode, and have to be opened manually. They should open automatically when a missile is selected.

yes that's how I design them.Once the VLS are opened,you can select the missile and launch them.

The AVLS would not open automatically and the purpose of that is only the SAAM & AAMS series system were the guard-active system.

We want people to use long-range weapon with their own clicks and more carefully, that gives much more fun.

As far as I can tell SAAM & AAMS can handle almost every threat within 50km(especially < 20km).

• 1 month later...
On 4/2/2018 at 6:59 PM, Nyarlathotep- said:

I cant use the carriers because if I try to land on one the plane I use WILL explode, no exceptions, my solution is to just separate the bridges from the rest of the ship.

I also have problem like this, my plane always explode when landed or launched from carrier

For me I using unnoficial forked KJR for 1.4.1 (since AFAIK latest KJR only for 1.3.1)

By the way a description for each missile is good idea :)

On 5/6/2018 at 2:27 AM, Cdodders said:

Would you be able to add Tweakscale configs?

That will be coming soon

On 5/6/2018 at 8:59 AM, Polyus said:

I can't find the ships.

Using the right version of BDAc and you'll find them for in the catergory of Pods and Coupling.

21 hours ago, SancthuaryID said:

I also have problem like this, my plane always explode when landed or launched from carrier

For me I using unnoficial forked KJR for 1.4.1 (since AFAIK latest KJR only for 1.3.1)

By the way a description for each missile is good idea :)

We can only wait for KJR 1.4.x to solve these problem.

And for now carriers still have to stach a pod on it, in the next version all ships will build combine pods.

8 hours ago, Johnny005611 said:

That will be coming soon

Using the right version of BDAc and you'll find them for in the catergory of Pods and Coupling.

We can only wait for KJR 1.4.x to solve these problem.

And for now carriers still have to stach a pod on it, in the next version all ships will build combine pods.

Well, It seems only solution for now

Anyway, This is gudd mod :)

i had some problem with this mod, when i launch the game, the game got crash due to "low memory", my Laptop suddenly use 90% RAM (i have 8 GB RAM, Nvidia745 2 GB, Core I7 )
this thing never happened before (when i play ksp 1.3.1, i had ALOT of MOD, include KSP Interstellar extended)
btw i play ksp 1.4.3 

after i deleted your MOD, the game run normally

Edited by DiscoveryPlanet

48 minutes ago, DiscoveryPlanet said:

i had some problem with this mod, when i launch the game, the game got crash due to "low memory", my Laptop suddenly use 90% RAM (i have 8 GB RAM, Nvidia745 2 GB, Core I7 )
this thing never happened before (when i play ksp 1.3.1, i had ALOT of MOD, include KSP Interstellar extended)
btw i play ksp 1.4.3 

after i deleted your MOD, the game run normally

That is because this is a huuuuge mod pack, so I strongly recommended the DataSwitcher which made by Icecovery.

Still I recommend that when you using MNWS, be aware that the consume of computing is large, so maybe put less mods which you wont need when you launch KSP  with MNWS.

21 minutes ago, Johnny005611 said:

That is because this is a huuuuge mod pack, so I strongly recommended the DataSwitcher which made by Icecovery.

Still I recommend that when you using MNWS, be aware that the consume of computing is large, so maybe put less mods which you wont need when you launch KSP  with MNWS.

i still dont get it (not a programmer) This MOD has size 157 mb, comparing with another Big Mod like After kerbin, extra planet, B9 Aerospace, it is not "really huge" 
in the past my MOD even had bigger size than the original game (approximately 6 GB) and it works perfectly (even though, i need to wait for a long time loading game)

is it about size of the MOD or Code inside the MOD which really complicated that make my laptop "work hard" to run the code?
sorry for stupid question :sealed:

Edited by DiscoveryPlanet

great mod for waiting the next SMMarine and LBP
btw, i have some problems
planes gone too OP, holding so many LF, being soo light and doesn't require IntakeAir, just flung them into orbit, and submersible
lacks IVAs, no cockpit visible (making them look more like an UCAV), does not require crew (manned ones)
the heli is kinda hard to control, but i passed mach 1 with it
submarine's attachment nodes are overlapping each other in one place (SSN02)

12 hours ago, DiscoveryPlanet said:

i still dont get it (not a programmer) This MOD has size 157 mb, comparing with another Big Mod like After kerbin, extra planet, B9 Aerospace, it is not "really huge" 
in the past my MOD even had bigger size than the original game (approximately 6 GB) and it works perfectly (even though, i need to wait for a long time loading game)

is it about size of the MOD or Code inside the MOD which really complicated that make my laptop "work hard" to run the code?
sorry for stupid question :sealed:

The problems not with either the size of this mod or the code. It is that the PRE within the BDAc wont surpport large single part very well.

And if your laptop stock on the scene loading CVN003 or CVN004 , it is because it use 4k texture and will be improved in the next update.

The solution is to wait a few minutes or using as I said DataSwitcher.

38 minutes ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

great mod for waiting the next SMMarine and LBP
btw, i have some problems
planes gone too OP, holding so many LF, being soo light and doesn't require IntakeAir, just flung them into orbit, and submersible
lacks IVAs, no cockpit visible (making them look more like an UCAV), does not require crew (manned ones)
the heli is kinda hard to control, but i passed mach 1 with it
submarine's attachment nodes are overlapping each other in one place (SSN02)

If you want to use single part plane properly use Single-Part-Aviation as I recommended on the top.

The plane has no IVA for now, but it did require one man crew to control.

For the SSN002, I will test it and give you latest update.

Thanks   

6 hours ago, Johnny005611 said:

The problems not with either the size of this mod or the code. It is that the PRE within the BDAc wont surpport large single part very well.

This is just straight misinformation ... PRE is not the reason that @DiscoveryPlanet is having issues with this mod

KSP itself has issues with large single part vessels, how many poly's in your models? .... The high poly count of the models could very well be the reason for your mod being a memory hog, not PRE or BDAc

What about your code? ... You haven't posted a link to your code (as required by the forum rules) and that also could be the cause of the crashing

Please refrain from placing blame on others for issues with your mod before providing the information required to figure out what is going on ... jumping to conclusions is not in good form

Edited by DoctorDavinci

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.