[1.4.4]MNWS -- Modern Naval Weapon System (BDAc addon)

Johnny005611

1 hour ago, DoctorDavinci said:

This is just straight misinformation ... PRE is not the reason that @DiscoveryPlanet is having issues with this mod

KSP itself has issues with large single part vessels, how many poly's in your models? .... The high poly count of the models could very well be the reason for your mod being a memory hog, not PRE or BDAc

What about your code? ... You haven't posted a link to your code (as required by the forum rules) and that also could be the cause of the crashing

Please refrain from placing blame on others for issues with your mod before providing the information required to figure out what is going on ... jumping to conclusions is not in good form

I had reported the PRE issues last year, It seems that some times could cause shader problems and self-explosions.

And there will be no such problems if I set only 10km in the PRE.

There's no coding for my mods, its just simple mods and cfgs.

Every single part in my mod is less than 8k poly.

And last no affence with you guys, I think you made the greatest mods in KSP.

If I'm wrong about it I would like to make an apologize and correct it

Edited by Johnny005611

3 minutes ago, Johnny005611 said:

I had reported the PRE issues last year, It seems that some times could cause shader problems.

Shader problems do not a crash make

There is as issue with PRE that will cause textures to get a little glitchy after awhile if you have landed or splashed vessels in physics range, however this will not cause a crash

5 minutes ago, Johnny005611 said:

There's no coding for my mods, its just simple mods and cfgs.

Then why is there a plugin in the Plugins directory of your mod ... ModernNavalWeaponSystem.dll is a plugin and that requires that you have done some coding (and also requires you to provide a link to your code as per forum rules)

8 minutes ago, Johnny005611 said:

Every single part in my mod is less than 8k poly.

Therein lies at least part of your issue ... I see there is at least 1 .mu in there that is over 2mb and that is a no no with KSP

Personally I think you should go over your mod again and fix your poly count issue as there are numerous mods out there that have large parts but the reason they don't crash KSP is due to them having low poly counts .... more poly's means more processing power and when you add huge poly counts to KSP on a single part you tend to end up with a lot of lag if not crashes

But feel free to not listen to me as apparently I do not know what I am talking about :confused:

2 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Shader problems do not a crash make

There is as issue with PRE that will cause textures to get a little glitchy after awhile if you have landed or splashed vessels in physics range, however this will not cause a crash

Then why is there a plugin in the Plugins directory of your mod ... ModernNavalWeaponSystem.dll is a plugin and that requires that you have done some coding (and also requires you to provide a link to your code as per forum rules)

Therein lies at least part of your issue ... I see there is at least 1 .mu in there that is over 2mb and that is a no no with KSP

Personally I think you should go over your mod again and fix your poly count issue as there are numerous mods out there that have large parts but the reason they don't crash KSP is due to them having low poly counts .... more poly's means more processing power and when you add huge poly counts to KSP on a single part you tend to end up with a lot of lag if not crashes

But feel free to not listen to me as apparently I do not know what I am talking about :confused:

Well the .dll file is because I simply want to give MNWS a unique cetagory but I failed.

And for the poly problem I will double check that.

Thanks for your advise really.

As you can see I'm still a beginner, so yeah maybe sth isn't what I thought about, but I will try to fix them ASAP.

19 minutes ago, Johnny005611 said:

Well the .dll file is because I simply want to give MNWS a unique cetagory but I failed.

And for the poly problem I will double check that.

Thanks for your advise really.

As you can see I'm still a beginner, so yeah maybe sth isn't what I thought about, but I will try to fix them ASAP.

No problem

My suggestion is to keep your poly count low and the .mu size on disk less than 0.5mb for each .mu .... 2.1mb is way to big 

I have seen this sort of issue many times before and it always turned out to be 1 of 2 things that cause it - First being high poly count and the second being open vertices in the model itself 

If you happened to miss closing up even one point on your model it can cause KSP to have a hissy fit ... generally the first cause is the more prominent one

Also I remember being told that poly count should be divisible by 256 (or was it vertices ... I forget)

Edited by DoctorDavinci

3 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

No problem

My suggestion is to keep your poly count low and the .mu size on disk less than 0.5mb for each .mu .... 2.1mb is way to big 

I have seen this sort of issue many times before and it always turned out to be 1 of 2 things that cause it - First being high poly count and the second being open vertices in the model itself 

If you happened to miss closing up even one point on your model it can cause KSP to have a hissy fit ... generally the first cause is the more prominent one

Also I remember being told that poly count should be divisible by 256 (or was it vertices ... I forget)

There I see, my problem is with my SSN002, I'll work on that and Thanks to you AGAIN !

And I'll remember what you said and use my mod more efficient.

2 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

To add to what Doc is saying, I think you should work slowly. Refine the ships one at a time rather than just dropping a bunch all at once.

I've been working on this for almost a year, and the understand and the concept of making a mod is being different .

Lots of problems I dont meet with my PC, so it'll take time.

But thanks and I'll take your suggestion

18 minutes ago, Johnny005611 said:

There I see, my problem is with my SSN002, I'll work on that and Thanks to you AGAIN !

And I'll remember what you said and use my mod more efficient.

I've been working on this for almost a year, and the understand and the concept of making a mod is being different .

Lots of problems I dont meet with my PC, so it'll take time.

But thanks and I'll take your suggestion

If you have any other issues feel free to ask

Also @XOC2008 is part of the defacto BDAc test group, he has valuable experience that might come in handy for you

49 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

If you have any other issues feel free to ask

Also @XOC2008 is part of the defacto BDAc test group, he has valuable experience that might come in handy for you

BTW, I always wonder if there is any way or setup that PRE wont make the scene flash, I always wanted to make a nice movie about it.

1 minute ago, Johnny005611 said:

BTW, I always wonder if there is any way or setup that PRE wont make the scene flash, I always wanted to make a nice movie about it.

We had some discussion about this today. It's not really PRE that does it. It's KSP/Unity and the loading order of objects. PRE only exacerbates the issue by increasing the loaded vessel distance. I have the glitchy flashing with and without PRE so it really makes no difference. It'll be fixed when KSP is fixed, instead of getting the bandaids thrown on as temporary solutions.

17 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

We had some discussion about this today. It's not really PRE that does it. It's KSP/Unity and the loading order of objects. PRE only exacerbates the issue by increasing the loaded vessel distance. I have the glitchy flashing with and without PRE so it really makes no difference. It'll be fixed when KSP is fixed, instead of getting the bandaids thrown on as temporary solutions.

^^This :wink:

47 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

29 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

^^This :wink:

I got it, thank you guys very much!

On 5/12/2018 at 6:46 PM, DiscoveryPlanet said:

after i deleted "big vehicle" in this Mod, it works well and Damn dude this missile Part is Gorgeous, really like  it :D

Thanks!

And there's more coming right away.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried it out today, well tested would be be a more precise word since i played at least 4 hours with it. 

The first thing it comes to my mind is inconsistentcy. 

Let me explain. You have the X-51A Waverider , great modelling btw, on your missiles. That thing is supposed to do Mach 6 or 1722.22m/s and I only managed to get ≈1320m/s at 20000 meters. Meanwhile there are missiles (cant remember the exact names now) that don't seem to have a proper hypersonic design and can do way more than 1700-1800 m/s. 

Anyways I've decided to take a look at the .cfg tomorrow and I'll be writing back.

Another thing that I really liked were the diverse truck launcher/radar configuration. Finally I can do a proper mobile sam site on KSP. 

12 hours ago, Lvdovicvs said:

I tried it out today, well tested would be be a more precise word since i played at least 4 hours with it. 

The first thing it comes to my mind is inconsistentcy. 

Let me explain. You have the X-51A Waverider , great modelling btw, on your missiles. That thing is supposed to do Mach 6 or 1722.22m/s and I only managed to get ≈1320m/s at 20000 meters. Meanwhile there are missiles (cant remember the exact names now) that don't seem to have a proper hypersonic design and can do way more than 1700-1800 m/s. 

Anyways I've decided to take a look at the .cfg tomorrow and I'll be writing back.

Another thing that I really liked were the diverse truck launcher/radar configuration. Finally I can do a proper mobile sam site on KSP. 

Thanks, and I think I may miss some describetions about the missiles.

The reason why I set the x51a missile around 1500m/s is because in the game the atmosphere is different from the real world.

I think after your experiment you'll find the same thing about it, Cuz in the real world X51 flies much more higher than that and can control itself in the sub-space, but in the KSP the normal missiles have no control if they go above 20000m.

And noticed that the SM_ missiles are the prototypes missiles, I give the SM_ missiles a limit to test your systems reliability.

We're now having more ships and made more parts a bit more quality than before.

Now, thanks to the Textures Unlimited 

Which you can find here:

We made our weapon system to a new level.

I gotta say it works perfectly with Scatterer and KS3P, and made MNWS much much more beautiful!

And here's some examples:

CT0eBD.png

CT0mHe.png

CT0EjK.png

CT0k1x.png

CT0Ac6.png

CT0ZnO.png

Hope you enjoy your game!

23 hours ago, Johnny005611 said:

We're now having more ships and made more parts a bit more quality than before.

Now, thanks to the Textures Unlimited 

Which you can find here:

We made our weapon system to a new level.

I gotta say it works perfectly with Scatterer and KS3P, and made MNWS much much more beautiful!

And here's some examples:

CT0eBD.png

CT0mHe.png

CT0EjK.png

CT0k1x.png

CT0Ac6.png

CT0ZnO.png

Hope you enjoy your game!

What ships are these. Can't seem to find them on the current version that I have downloaded. 

51 minutes ago, Lvdovicvs said:

What ships are these. Can't seem to find them on the current version that I have downloaded. 

They are the Type 055 destroyer from China, still need to fix some little problems.

You can expect to have them 24hrs later in MNWS version 1.7.

Edited by Johnny005611

1 hour ago, Johnny005611 said:

They are the Type 055 destroyer from China, still need to fix some little problems.

You can expect to have them 24hrs later in MNWS version 1.7.

Great. Looking forward

Your Mod looks amazing!

2 little things though- First, the aircraft have amazingly efficient and powerful engines. The UCAV's can go into solar obit from the runway in two passes holding a heading of 90 degrees and 5 degrees inclination, and a few of the aircraft seem to think they need to use LH2 in their engines. It's a little strange, and I checked- the CFA44A, the H20A and H20B all have this issue. The UCAV's don't have a problem (other than the fact that they don't run out of electricity, can operate with 100% efficiency until 36km, and won't explode when engulfed in plasma). and neither does the NH80 (although I would make it just a little less indestructible). 

TBH, I stripped out most of the ships (and parts) other than the carriers, a few select guns that I thought were neat, and the planes. I'm going to try and see if I can fix the fuel issue for my configs, but for the invulnerability and impossible ISP curves, I would contact blackheart612. For the folding wings I would contact linuxgurugamer for assistance in using his mod to effect wing surfaces, as being able to fly like a plane (somewhat) with folded wings, while cool, is just a TAD weird. 

On 6/6/2018 at 1:03 PM, Mekan1k said:

Your Mod looks amazing!

2 little things though- First, the aircraft have amazingly efficient and powerful engines. The UCAV's can go into solar obit from the runway in two passes holding a heading of 90 degrees and 5 degrees inclination, and a few of the aircraft seem to think they need to use LH2 in their engines. It's a little strange, and I checked- the CFA44A, the H20A and H20B all have this issue. The UCAV's don't have a problem (other than the fact that they don't run out of electricity, can operate with 100% efficiency until 36km, and won't explode when engulfed in plasma). and neither does the NH80 (although I would make it just a little less indestructible). 

TBH, I stripped out most of the ships (and parts) other than the carriers, a few select guns that I thought were neat, and the planes. I'm going to try and see if I can fix the fuel issue for my configs, but for the invulnerability and impossible ISP curves, I would contact blackheart612. For the folding wings I would contact linuxgurugamer for assistance in using his mod to effect wing surfaces, as being able to fly like a plane (somewhat) with folded wings, while cool, is just a TAD weird. 

Thank you very much!

There are lots of parts that are not perfect.

Since it's the first time I made planes, they do seem very neat, also the cfg part takes time to figure it out how we put so many parts together and make them work as a single-part perfectly.

I'm now working on the planes and there will be a huge update coming about the planes:

- Removing the old ones that are too functional simple and not well modded(CFA44\UCAV)

- Remade F22/NH80

- Adding new planes: F16C/F16XL/F18/F35/NATF/NATF2

- Adding retractable missile launchers for the stealth fighter

Here's some preview:

CqkPZF.jpg

Cqkia4.jpg

CqkFIJ.jpg

CqUeSI.png

Edited by Johnny005611

Hello, I'm just checking out your mod, and I would like to make a simple easy to implement change to your folder structure.

Under your parts folder, if you had a few sub folders like: Ships, Planes, Guns, and Missiles, it would make it much easier to tell what is what.

Since I love this mod, and I play with a LOT of mods, I recommend two things:

- Set up more folders, especially in the Parts folder. If you have multiple types of single-piece vessels, you might want to group them by type in folders. So, in the Parts folder, you would have 'Ships', with a subfolder 'Carriers', or in 'Planes', you could have a sub-folder 'Drones'. That way, people who want to use only specific parts of the pack can pick-and-choose exactly what they need.

- Second, contact other modders for help with doing things like running multiple animations, or having control surfaces that actually do something. @TheKurgan is really good at adapting various types of parts and components for other animations.

5 hours ago, TheKurgan said:

Hello, I'm just checking out your mod, and I would like to make a simple easy to implement change to your folder structure.

Under your parts folder, if you had a few sub folders like: Ships, Planes, Guns, and Missiles, it would make it much easier to tell what is what.

Thank you very much and if it's not bother you, can you help me with what @Mekan1k said to set multiple animations and having control surfaces and also maybe a single category for MNWS in the SPH/VAB menu.

I will make some changes as you said and thank you again.

59 minutes ago, Mekan1k said:

Since I love this mod, and I play with a LOT of mods, I recommend two things:

- Set up more folders, especially in the Parts folder. If you have multiple types of single-piece vessels, you might want to group them by type in folders. So, in the Parts folder, you would have 'Ships', with a subfolder 'Carriers', or in 'Planes', you could have a sub-folder 'Drones'. That way, people who want to use only specific parts of the pack can pick-and-choose exactly what they need.

- Second, contact other modders for help with doing things like running multiple animations, or having control surfaces that actually do something. @TheKurgan is really good at adapting various types of parts and components for other animations.

Thanks a lot and you did help me a lot!

May I ask which part of MNWS you like most, I think I can try to make them better and maybe have them seperately?

On 6/9/2018 at 10:24 PM, Johnny005611 said:

Thank you very much!

There are lots of parts that are not perfect.

Since it's the first time I made planes, they do seem very neat, also the cfg part takes time to figure it out how we put so many parts together and make them work as a single-part perfectly.

I'm now working on the planes and there will be a huge update coming about the planes:

- Removing the old ones that are too functional simple and not well modded(CFA44\UCAV)

- Remade F22/NH80

- Adding new planes: F16C/F16XL/F18/F35/NATF/NATF2

- Adding retractable missile launchers for the stealth fighter

Here's some preview:

CqkPZF.jpg

Cqkia4.jpg

CqkFIJ.jpg

CqUeSI.png

I love this mod. Im playing the hell out of it.

But the carriers kill the framerate since the moment you open the editor. For the moment Ive removed them from the Game Data.

I hope this helps you for a future fix. Also when can we have the new planes? Would love to help you in game testing.

Cheers

Edited by Lvdovicvs

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.