KSP: Kerbalstar's Space Program: Jool 5 Mission and more!/The third time's the charm.

Kerbalstar

Welcome to my third mission report! As for the first two, one save got eaten by the Kraken(Speaking of Krakens, liking your Mission Reports @Alpha 360!), and the second one got its mods eaten and I gave up on trying to resurrect it. Links to these are here if you want to see my old work: The My Space Program Thread, the first mission report I didand the second one, a 2.5x playthrough.  Please don't post in these threads, they are old and discontinued. Hopefully, the third time is the charm! Also, this one will have a bit of a storyline. This S.A.V.E (Thanks @Parkaboy, I also need to catch up on Plan Kappa, although I haven't seen it in a while.) is in Sandbox mode, in the stock star system, lightly modded. The mods I have are... goes and checks GameData folder... BetterBurnTime, and BetterCrewAssingment, by @Snark, MechJeb, the Making History DLC, and Kerbal Alarm Clock by @TriggerAu (right?). I will be doing a Jool 5 mission, although I doubt that I will be able to keep my readers strung along for as long before getting to Jool as @Kuzzter did(I'm actually caught up on that, eagerly awaiting more!). I will also be doing in-depth missions to Laythe and Duna(Sort of like @Brotoro's, if you've read them; if you haven't I highly suggest reading them, they are wonderful!). I will also be establishing bases on the Mun and Minmus. Don't expect my story to be as good as @Just Jim's(I need to catch up on Emkio Station too.), but hopefully, it will be good enough. 

Project Voyager: Jool 5 Mission. Mothership launch.rZS4enD.jpgRq6YUnr.pngwyQEKwj.png 39WkgTI.jpgI have surprisingly few pictures of the launch of the mothership, these are the only ones.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    The launch of the Val/Pol/Bop lander: Intrepid.                                                                                                                                                                                                                     The pictures of the launch have disappeared. 

UztGGn1.png                  kIvMqbX.png

Valentina Kerman: "Mission Control, this is Intrepid." Docking successful." "We'll float through the hatch and join the boys.

Mission Control(CAPCOM): "Roger Interpid, have fun."

Well, 4/5 of the crew are partying in orbit, let's see the ship designs, and figure out who the last 1/5 of the crew is.

Tylo Lander "Nut" in the VAB.

7H8kGnI.jpgStats: Stage 2: 3953m/s of Vacum DeltaV, 2.30 Tylo Local TWR. Stage 1: 3148m/s of Vacum DeltaV, 5.09 Tylo Local TWR. Crew Capacity: 2 Kerbals.

Laythe Lander "Dawn":

KwqFZrY.jpgStats: Stage 1(0) 3975m/s Vacum DeltaV, Laythe SLT 2.17. Crew Capacity: 2 Kerbals.

Vall/Pol/Bop Lander "Intrepid":

1zJdtZ9.jpg

Stats: Stage 1(0): 4058m/s Vacum DeltaV, 4.70 Vall TWR. Crew Capacity: 2 Kerbals. Vall has the heaviest gravity of the three moons, so the TWR's for the other moons are higher.

Mothership: K.S.S. Eagle:

YR7BvWG.jpgStats: 10703m/s Vacum DeltaV, without landers, with tugs. Crew capacity: 10. Writing this I just realized that those "tugs" on the docking ports lack RCS thrusters, which means that the other landers will have to have their transfer stages dock them too. Also, the vacuum TWR without landers is 0.77.

Let's meet the other crewmember.

YfNOgGm.png

Linser Kerman, a scientist.

Well, I'm off to play the game. I feel like I wanted to say more, but I can't remember it.

Edited by kerbalstar
Autocorrect

5 hours ago, Alpha 360 said:

Just so you know, @kerbalstar, I didn't steal this thread's name for my installment name. :) I really didn't.

Happy Explosions!

I know:wink:. I hope you liked this. Really liking the Oceans of Emptiness. 

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.