What was your first KSP easter egg that you found?

4 hours ago, Overfloater said:

This one ↑↑↑ is the only one i ever "found", :sticktongue: immediately after i got the game. But thought this was just some weird pixel sticking out of the ground, so i ignored it.

Yeah that Easter egg, along with the mk1 old memorial near the VAB are the first ones usually found. Have any images?

Aside from the KSC monolith, the first I found was a Mun-Arch, which I've written about and showed a thousand times already...

But it was also one of the reasons I started writing... so here's to showing it 1,001 times. :)

Ok3nld6.jpg

I found the Mk1 pod memorial first and the island airfield second, then the monolith... Granted, I looked them all up first... The only times I remember accidentally coming across one were orbiting the Mun low enough to see an arch, and landing 1.7km away from a monolith on Gilly.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/2/2018 at 8:28 PM, invision said:

not including the one that sticks out by the launch pad it would be a Mun arch that i randomly landed next to on a plant flag mission

Almost ditto - mine was a tourist land on Mun contract.  I didn't even see the arch till I was past it though, and didn't have an extra few hundred m/s to re-land to visit it properly.

Edited by Cavscout74

Besides the Monolith at KSC that hopefully everyone has found, the first Easter egg I came across was the Mun arch, as I was about to deorbit I noticed it on the rim of the big equatorial crater, and landed there instead. Being the incompetent pilot I was back then however, I overshot it by 10 km or so, and had to use the EVA pack to get there instead.

once I got close enough to get a good look at it I planted a flag and took a screenshot before returning to the lander.

On 4/2/2018 at 10:38 AM, Just Jim said:

Aside from the KSC monolith, the first I found was a Mun-Arch, which I've written about and showed a thousand times already...

But it was also one of the reasons I started writing... so here's to showing it 1,001 times. :)

Ok3nld6.jpg

Jandolin doesn't look impressed

My second, since the monolith doesn't really count as "discovered", is deep in the heart of the mountains west of the KSC. I was doing a low fly-over through one of the passes headed for the desert, in a single Juno airplane which explains the lack of altitude, and got a little alert saying I'd found something. Intrigued, I circled and never really spotted it directly, and never really managed to land nearby. Three major aircraft crashes later, I just gave up trying to find it properly.

14 minutes ago, Onigato said:

My second, since the monolith doesn't really count as "discovered", is deep in the heart of the mountains west of the KSC. I was doing a low fly-over through one of the passes headed for the desert, in a single Juno airplane which explains the lack of altitude, and got a little alert saying I'd found something. Intrigued, I circled and never really spotted it directly, and never really managed to land nearby. Three major aircraft crashes later, I just gave up trying to find it properly.

I reckon with the new parachutes, you could try getting there that way.

On 4/2/2018 at 7:38 PM, Just Jim said:

Ok3nld6.jpg

The look on her face though..

@topic, I've seen like three? One Mun arch, two monoliths close to KSC. I don't like long plane trips (in my case: longer than 10 minutes) nor suborbital jumps to specific locations.

9 hours ago, Clockwork13 said:

Jandolin doesn't look impressed

4 hours ago, The Aziz said:

The look on her face though..

OK... I don't want to de-rail this too much... but here's what happened next:

Ok3nld6.jpg

Instantly Jeb and Bill gasped, Val squealed and Bob smiled. And across all of Kerbin, everyone stopped what they were doing and watched in stunned disbelief. 

Jandolin just stood there, a look of shock on her face. 

The whole world held it's breath... never had a planet been this silent... some said even the birds paused their singing.

And as a huge smile broke across Jandolin's face, the whole world screamed and cheered and cried.

"Yes, yes.... YES!!!"

cL80OEm.jpg

It was several minutes before the celebrating at the space center died down enough for Bob to be heard. 

"Jebediah Kerman, as captain of this ship, I do believe you have the authority to marry these youngsters, do you not, sir?"

Mun arch, back then when I started to explore mun for the first time, the probe was orbiting at low altitude, before I saw a tiny speck of... "something" on the ground. I'm immediately going "What's that!? Let's check it out!". So I landed my probe nearby and exploring it using RCS movement. That's my first anomaly in KSP :)

the second that I discovered is KSC monolith. When I'm bored, I rotate and wiggle KSC screen before I noticed a black spot near the runway. Immediately, I make a rover and send Jeb to explore it

Excluding the ones by the KSC, the first Easter egg I “found” was the island air base, but I saw it online first. It was several years ago, in the demo version. I’ve found several others, but I had to look up there locations online. Ya, I’m lazy. 

14 hours ago, Onigato said:

Not sure how long ago you found that one, but it tends to be buried, especially depending on terrain settings. It was fixed in one patch/version (when "green meanies" were introduced?)or another, dunno if it regressed back underground or not since then...

15 hours ago, Onigato said:

1 hour ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Not sure how long ago you found that one, but it tends to be buried, especially depending on terrain settings. It was fixed in one patch/version (when "green meanies" were introduced?)or another, dunno if it regressed back underground or not since then...

I believe that one is visible again, but like you said, how much or little you can see depends on the terrain settings.

And (minor spoiler)

Spoiler

It's quite high up a grey and black rock hillside, so it can be hard to spot at first.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.