Top Secret Mission to Gilly

It is now Val's turn in the pilot rotation. Her mission has been classified Top Secret. Kerbodyne has designed a new ISRU that will speed ore conversion by 300%; without an engineer. She is to travel to the low-g world of Gilly to test the new converter. The mission is straight-forward and confidence is high. Safety risks are minimal. Mission is considered to be routine.

The stage is set. Take Val to Gilly, land, drop your drills, and test the new converter. What could possibly go wrong?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dHFY9n-rVrXEAV7lfJX8DVfIaKPlcEJ7

This is my first mission, and I've been working on it for awhile (mostly testing). Some of the functionality in the Mission Builder is not quite right yet, so I couldn't do everything I wanted; and had to find some workarounds for others. Overall, it turned out pretty well, I think. I used creator-built vessels to help expedite things. The mission is somewhat difficult in a couple of places, so I thought it would help speed things along if you didn't need to spend time in the VAB working on your design. Also, I thought it might be fun to fly somebody else's ship (something I've yet to do; gonna start delving into other people's missions now that mine is complete). Anyway, I hope you guys dig it. Any questions or comments are welcome. And any feedback (either good or bad) would be appreciated. As I said, it's my first mission, so I'm eager to improve however I can.

Thanks,

Cpt Kerbalcrunch

I just played your missions, and really enjoyed it. This was just the type of mission I hoped would come: A fun story with creator-built vessels. I managed to pull of several things I have never attempted when playing solo  :-) I was worried several times of having to little delta-v left, but you have created vessels that got the job done, with fuel to spare.

I had hoped for a score based on how well I performed some of the steps (for example better score the more fuel I have left when finishing a task), but that is a minor point.

59 minutes ago, MrUnderhill said:

I just played your missions, and really enjoyed it. This was just the type of mission I hoped would come: A fun story with creator-built vessels. I managed to pull of several things I have never attempted when playing solo  :-) I was worried several times of having to little delta-v left, but you have created vessels that got the job done, with fuel to spare.

I had hoped for a score based on how well I performed some of the steps (for example better score the more fuel I have left when finishing a task), but that is a minor point.

Thanks, @MrUnderhill. I had hoped this would be a challenge that would be fun (but also challenging) for experienced and new players alike. The idea was to have a story, and to also get players to maybe do some things they hadn't tried before. I had a pretty good scoring system set up, but the current limits of the Mission Builder made it tough to do. I'm hoping the next update will resolve some of these issues.

Thanks again for participating, and congrats on your success. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.