JUST GOT KSP:EE!

Chel

Hello! I just got Kerbal Space Program: Enhanced Edition for my Xbox! I am VERY happy, and can't wait to play it once it's downloaded (currently at 3.5%)! So... what should I do first? Experiment with using a controller for a game that I've played on PC for the last three years? Activate all cheats and go crazy? Finally play in glorious 60fps and not been restricted by laggy 25fps? Control my excitement? Suggestions, anyone?! :D

Moved to KSP Discussion, since this is about the game.

This is kind of a first for me. I've moved lots of threads from KSP Discussion to The Lounge, but this is the first I've moved from The Lounge to KSP Discussion.

Congratulations! :D

9 hours ago, munlander1 said:

I'd just like your opinion on how it does on console. Doesn't seem like it would adapt very well to me.

Well, it does take some getting used to. I used the 'Cursor' control option (to make it pretty much the same as the PC version). Building rockets is straightforwards enough, but planes are hard. You have to adjust the elevons by tiny amounts to get them to fit on wings, which can take anywhere from 30 seconds to 3 minutes. Having to manually press the gear button (no G key) is annoying, but overall it's still KSP, and just like any other game, you just need some patience, time, and practice to learn and succeed. 

13 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Finally play in glorious 60fps and not been restricted by laggy 25fps?

Tell me more about that when you're working with an 800+ part ship. That I'd be interested in hearing about.

13 hours ago, munlander1 said:

I'd just like your opinion on how it does on console. Doesn't seem like it would adapt very well to me.

i prefer gamepad input whenever possible even FPS games (and yes i still am competitive cause i know how to play these games).

I hate when im burning and i need to press X ASAP and i accidently hit Z, i personally dislike gaming with kb/m, the only thing kb/m is good at is aiming quickly... but if you are not a scrub and know where to be aiming and have awareness, even in fps gamepad is competitive in the right hands

Edited by i_like_kerbals

Controls will take a long time to figure out, and this is coming from someone who has ONLY played on console (no PC). Performance may be better or worse, but if you're playing it on a tv, the experience will be so much cooler! The community hopes you'll enjoy it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.