[1.4.X] Civilian Population - 2.1.2 [08/07/2018]

Pamynx

jrwpfKa.png

Turn your Kerbal society into a Type 1 Civilization by adding civilian exploration! 
Your agency, as research goes on, gains the ability to have civilians take part on your exploration.

Once build, your ships, orbital or ground station will welcome civilian that will pay a rent to your agency, breed, grow their kids, get aged and die.
You will also be able to train and recruit civilian to become regular kerbonauts.

As this mod is still under development, all the functionnalities are not available yet.

CKAN : install CivilianPopulation (Civilian Population 2.1.2)

Download : ksp-civilian-population-mod-2.1.2.zip

Github : https://github.com/rleroy/CivilianPopulation

Credits
This mod is a fork from "Newbier Newb's Revamp of Civilian Population" mod.

It exists thanks to the collective work of :

Licenced under CC BY-NC 4.0.

This mod requires Community Resource Pack.

Any kind of help is more than welcome, pick a `TODO` above, do it, and I will be glad to accept your pull request.
If you need help to understand how to build the mod, just ask !

Pictures

F9Xbfvs.png
Generic Album
Setting up a colony on Laythe

Electrical parts
- Netherdyne Reactor Unit DX-110
- Netherdyne Reactor Unit MX-99

Convert Enriched Uranium into Depleted Uranium, Xenon Gas and Electricity !

TODO : 
- Rebalance cost.
- Rebalance conversion speed.
- Big reactor animation won't stop.
- Turn the lights off when the reactors are off.

[WRN 00:08:25.564] [ShipConstruct for CivPopReactor]: part cost (15000.0) is less than the cost of its resources (432500.0)
    [WRN 00:08:25.598] [ShipConstruct for SmallCivPopReactor]: part cost (8000.0) is less than the cost of its resources (173000.0)

Science parts
- Netherdyne University.

A command and research module.

TODO :
- Fix EVA problems when there is not ladder.
- Implements training module that will allow to turn civilian into regular kerbonauts.

Utility parts : Apartments
- Civilian Large House mk2
- Civilian Small Apartment Complex
- Civilian Large Apartment Complex
- Civilian Contractor Dock Mk1
- Civilian Small House

Living quarters for civilians.

TODO : 
- Cannot go back in Small House.
- Add ladder to Small House.

[LOG 08:21:59.524] Load(Model): CivilianPopulation/Models/Utility/surfaceAttachHouseSmall
    [ERR 08:21:59.599] Triggers on concave MeshColliders are not supported

[ERR 08:21:59.600] Triggers on concave MeshColliders are not supported

Utility parts : Farms
- Hydroponic Garden Biosphere
- Small Hydroponic Garden Biosphere
- Netherdyne Farm Biodome Mk2
- Small Hydroponic Garden Module

Use plants to grow food, purify water and air. 

TODO :
- Remove biodome top attach point.
- Animation on "Small Hydroponic Garden Module" does not work.

Utility parts : Tanks
- Small Fertilizer Tank
- Small Waste Water Tank
- Small Sustenance Tank

TODO :
- Calibrate those to a capacity of 1 day / kerbal.

Utility parts : Drill
- Netherdyne XL-9000 Mega Laser Drill
- Netherdyne Laser Drill

Laser drilling for surface exploitation.

Ground parts
- Cruiser Landing Gear
- Cruiser Landing Gear Mk2

TODO ;
- Fix legs deployments

@see http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/135250-landing-legs-in-11/&page=1

@see KerbalPlanetaryBaseSystems - GameData/PlanetaryBaseInc/BaseSystem/Parts/Wheels/LandingLeg.cfg

Structural Parts
- truss18x18NoCore
- truss6x18
- truss6x6Core
- truss6x6CoreL
- truss6x6CoreT
- truss6x6CoreX
- truss6x6NoCore
- bioSphereBaseNoWalls

All seems ok.

- bioSphereWindows
- bioSphereWindowsLarge
- bioSphereWindowsWide

TODO : Cannot go inside, should improve attach points.

- bioDomeBase
- bioDomeBaseLarge
- bioSphereBase
- bioSphereBaseWallRing
- parkbioDomeBase
- parkbioDomeBaseRock
- parkbioDomeBaseMetal

TODO : Attachment point in the air, cannot go "into" the structure.

Agency
TODO : Add Netherdyne as an agency.

@see KerbalPlanetaryBaseSystems - GameData/PlanetaryBaseInc/BaseSystem/Agencies
@see KerbalPlanetaryBaseSystems - Sources/PlanetarySurfaceStructures/SurfaceStructuresCategoryFilter.cs

Configuration for third party addons
------------------------------------

TODO : Kerbalism - Configure farms.

Civilian behaviour

DONE :

• Rent of civilian : 200 funds per civilian per day (6 hours).
  • Civilian contractor growth : Every 85 days on Kerbin orbit, 170 around Mun or Minmus, never elsewhere, a civilian will be created on an activated Civilian Dock.
  • Civilian recruitment process : The button recruit of the university will turn civilian living in this university into regular kerbals with a random choosen profession.
  • Civilian breeding growth : If allowed (From a Habitat part or the contractors dock), Kerbals will breed. Females give birth after 320 (3/4 of a Kerbin Year) days of pregnancy. Males can breed from 15yo females from 15yo to 45yo.
  • Civilian aging and death : Once a Kerbal reach 75yo, there (age-75)% chance per year that he dies from his old age any day during this year.
Edited by Pamynx
release 2.1.2

It looks like there is a problem with this 2.1.1 version. It was compiled against the MacOSX version that do not have the same .dll as the Linux or Windows version.

Thus, if you are not running on MacOSX this last version won't work and you have to keep using version 2.1.0 or the mod.

I will try to find a way to fix this asap.

15 hours ago, Pamynx said:

It looks like there is a problem with this 2.1.1 version. It was compiled against the MacOSX version that do not have the same .dll as the Linux or Windows version.

Thus, if you are not running on MacOSX this last version won't work and you have to keep using version 2.1.0 or the mod.

I will try to find a way to fix this asap.

Cool

Also every time your script updates it causes a small lag spike that gets bigger and bigger for every kerbal you have at three kerbals it felt like a micro stutter but now I have overe 50 and it's not fun.

5jNegPr.jpg

The small freeze would not be bad if it was like once every 2-3 min but your script updates ever other second any way you can cut that down?

11 hours ago, reducing said:

Thanks for releasing this. The last time I started a new game it was dead in the water. Does the 75 year age limit apply to every Kerbal or just the civilians? 

Everybody dies :)

2 hours ago, Lordmaddog said:

The small freeze would not be bad if it was like once every 2-3 min but your script updates ever other second any way you can cut that down?

I will have a look.

Civilian Population spawn real (unqualified) kerbals. Thus any life support mod should handle them correctly.

Anyway, there is some stuff you should know :

• Parts (Greenhouses, appartments, etc.) are perhaps not balanced properly. I did notwork on it yet. If you detect such a problem, you can contribute or let me know.
  • Kerbals are not spawned before you focus their habitat, they will not consume ressources, before you actually go and watch them (They do not die either).

@SirThoreth you can play with Snacks! And let me know about balance problems on parts.

@riskyjubles They will breed (and die when too old), but won't consume resource before you actually focus the station and have the mod update your station.

• 3 months later...

A new version is released :

- Improvements in the UI.

- Should work properly on all platforms.

- Performance improvements.

- Few bug fixes.

I will now work more on balancing the parts, starting with TACLS.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Is there any physical limitations with age? (Such as G-force limits)

I currently have Jeb, Bob, and Bill (all of which are in early 60’s or late 50’s) on their way to Jool. (Due to arrive in ~100 days). So far they have done fine because they have kept in shape and kept healthy.

Excellent mod BTW, I am planning on using its colonization factors on my planned interstellar ark/generation ship.

Edited by SlamduncAZ

• 3 months later...

I have found what might be a bug. I use this mod with TAC Life Support. For some reason, my kerbals are not producing enough waste to produce enough fertilizer to produce enough food. There is nothing else on board that consumes waste. Is this normal or is this a bug?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.