[1.4.3] Surrey Satellite Technology Ltd. - Satellite Pack (v0.3)

SSTL_Pete

9kSpQ2C.png?1

Hello all Kerbonauts,

Would you like the chance of flying a REAL satellite around Kerbin? Do you want to simulate a true to life satellite constellation that (in real life) images at 1 metre resolution? Then look no further Surrey Satellite Technology Limited (SSTL) has teamed up with Coatl Aerospace to deliver a KSP version of SSTL's very own 300S1 satellite! SSTL satellite constellations provide daily orbital multi-spectral images to aid in mapping of environmental changes, vital for agriculture, disaster response and research.

p1J0AoH.png?2vWxnO2I.png?3

This download includes the 300S1 satellite and its payload adaptor. The KSP version of this capable satellite is a self-contained satellite part, equipped with all the subsystems required to keep it operational. The KSP satellite includes a representative imager, communication system, power generation and storage system, propulsion system and AOCS with representative dynamics.

The satellite is available in career mode from the Advanced Exploration node, and includes Module Manager config files supporting for the following mods:

Download

SSTL and Coatl Aerospace hope you enjoy playing with their creation and we can’t wait to see how you use this in your Kerbal Universe! Please post images below of your SSTL 300S1 satellites in space!

Future plans

SSTL and Coatl Aerospace are planning on expanding the range of SSTL satellite platforms within this satellite pack. So keep an eye out for future updates and make sure you follow this thread! 

Challenges

Check out the Surrey Satellite Technology Ltd. - Constellation Forming Challenges to find interesting ways of using our parts in your game.

Start Your Career in Outer Space

If you want to take a leap from the digital world and build satellites for real, you should check out the SSTL Careers page.

About SSTL

Surrey Satellite Technology Limited (SSTL) is the world's leading small satellite company, delivering operational space missions for a range of applications including Earth observation, science, communications, navigation, in-orbit servicing and beyond Earth infrastructure. The company designs, manufactures and operates high performance satellites and ground systems for a fraction of the price normally associated with space missions, with 500 staff working on turnkey satellite platforms, space-proven satellite subsystems and optical instruments.

Since 1981, SSTL has built and launched more than 50 satellites for 20 international customers – as well as providing training and development programmes, consultancy services, and mission studies for ESA, NASA, international governments and commercial customers, with an innovative approach that is changing the economics of space.

Headquartered in Guildford, UK, SSTL is part of Airbus.

www.sstl.co.uk

About Coatl Aerospace:

Coatl Aerospace is a proud supporter of unmanned exploration. Check out ProbesPlus! for more satellite and science parts to add to your KSP collection!

License:

This mod is shared under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) licence.

Edited by SSTL_Pete
Change version name

looks like i just found my new scan sat platform. 

can you surface attach other things to it? 

if so try using the rn_galileo_scanner. its a lil dot that has all the scan sat functionality in it. you probably already have rn_us_probes installed if you like real life satellites and probes. 

probes plus is another great one as well i use all of their science parts.  

maybe add something similar to this. that way if somebody wants to add all the scansat functionality instead of just kerbnet they can without ruining the look of the sat. 

26 minutes ago, COL.R.Neville said:

looks like i just found my new scan sat platform. 

can you surface attach other things to it? 

if so try using the rn_galileo_scanner. its a lil dot that has all the scan sat functionality in it. you probably already have rn_us_probes installed if you like real life satellites and probes. 

probes plus is another great one as well i use all of their science parts.  

maybe add something similar to this. that way if somebody wants to add all the scansat functionality instead of just kerbnet they can without ruining the look of the sat. 

Awesome! Glad you like it.

Yes, you can surface attach parts, just be careful not to block the solar arrays. It also already has SCANsat support :) . KerbNet access is still there if you don't use SCANsat

Mr Pete and Akron, I have used this pack and Contares to replicate the DMC 3-1/3-2 mission on PSLV. I hope you like: https://imgur.com/a/zRQig

can't wait to see whats next in this pack,  one thing I'd like to see in the next update is compatibility with HullcamVDS, so you can take actual pictures with the satellite.

Edited by Kerbal01

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

@akron, @SSTL_Pete, is this mod still in development because I thought it might be interesting to include the Orbex Prime rocket, as I saw that they will be partnering with SSTL to launch satellites from the UK? Another idea could be the UoSats because those could be useful! :) 

The Twinkle spectroposcy telescope could also be added, and could be used with Tarsier Space Telescopes or something?

Edited by Barzon Kerman

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Virtualgenius said:

why is the deployment ring angled is it supposed to go on a certain way

This particular spacecraft launched as a set of three, and they were all mounted together in that manner on their PSLV payload adapter

spacecraftssmall.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.