Post your kspi-e warpships here! (challenge included)

Hi! as the title says, this is a thread to post your kspi-e warpships to other star systems (that use no other mods), but there is also a contest: who can make the best warpship.

About the contest: your goal is to create the best warpship for the advancement of kerbals to the nova kirbani (kerbani?) system, where they have found a good candidate for colonization. however: the kerbals went competitive. now is the race to make the best warpship! scoring system is as follows:

- +1 point for every m/s of delta v when you are about to use the drive

- +15 points if it is in size 2 format

- +1005 points if it is an ssto

- +220 points for every kerbal on board

- -10 point penalty if you keep the extra monoprop in the cockpit (with no docking system)

- +115 points for a docking system

- +1 point if you keep all the monoprop in the cockpit if you have a docking system

all of that is then divided by the mass of the vessel, and 6666 points will be added if you impress me and 789 points will be added if you go beyond the nova kirbani system. averything is then roinded to the nearest whole number.

you are disqualified if:

- you cannot reach interstellar space.

- use a warp drive that destroys every other vessel.

- you disobey Wheaton's law :P:sticktongue:

- cheat.

- use an external seat.

P.S. I am new to the forum so please reply and the contest is optional (which is the reason this is in the spacecraft exchange at the time of posting)

Edited by EndTraveler

My prototype, intended either for slowboat travel or with a drop-in size 3 warp drive. Not an SSTO, it spent another bottom layer of onion stages to successfuly land on KSS's Mun for ISRU.

Unfortunately for the prototype, I failed to include an ore container, so actual ISRU is impossible. This will be fixed for the production model.

https://imgur.com/ZgW2c14

Design was based on an old .90 era Single Launch No ISRU Jool 5 mission, but without the universal lander I built for that mission. Added ISRU and potential warp drive capability.

Edited by Rakaydos

7 hours ago, Heckspress said:

wouldn't this be better fit for the challenges section? May be mistaken, given the fact that this is a craft design challenge.

@Vanamonde pls

7 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Maybe. Not sure what's happening yet. 

what's happening is that you can either make a warpship casually or competitively. the contest is optional (in short, this is a mix).

My prototype, intended either for slowboat travel or with a drop-in size 3 warp drive. Not an SSTO, it spent another bottom layer of onion stages to successfuly land on KSS's Mun for ISRU.

Unfortunately for the prototype, I failed to include an ore container, so actual ISRU is impossible. This will be fixed for the production model.

https://imgur.com/ZgW2c14

Design was based on an old .90 era Single Launch No ISRU Jool 5 mission, but without the universal lander I built for that mission. Added ISRU and potential warp drive capability.

where is the warp?

Edited by EndTraveler

6 hours ago, EndTraveler said:

what's happening is that you can either make a warpship casually or competitively. the contest is optional (in short, this is a mix).

where is the warp?

...Having technical issues getting through kerbin's atmosphere. I think it calculates atmo drag for the whole warp bubble, even when inactive. Withdraw that entry.

qSYCyGv.png

Testing isnt yet complete, but everything in this shot should be able to survive Warp Field activation. Warp testing is scheduled for after KSS Mun ISRU tests.

32 kerbals, and 8 survey/relay probes, along with 3 accessable docking ports and 3 more difficult to reach docking ports.

Edited by Rakaydos

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.