Some thoughts on KSP and other things.

i_like_kerbals

if there is one thing i learned about the gaming industry, it's that they will never read this post nor ever care about your thanks and are too busy thinking of ways to release a reskinned KSP as KSP 2 and sell it for 59.99 as a PS4 exclusive and already have the galileo ultimate edition 99.99 preorder ready to go

nice of you to thank them but i doubt they read this stuff, they got my money, that is my thanks lol

Edited by i_like_kerbals

23 minutes ago, i_like_kerbals said:

if there is one thing i learned about the gaming industry, it's that they will never read this post nor ever care about your thanks and are too busy thinking of ways to release a reskinned KSP as KSP 2 and sell it for 59.99 as a PS4 exclusive and already have the galileo ultimate edition 99.99 preorder ready to go

nice of you to thank them but i doubt they read this stuff, they got my money, that is my thanks lol

With all due respect, if there is one thing I've learned about @SQUAD, and this forum, it's that your statement is 100% wrong. Some of the people there read everything we write here, and often chime in... And I know they appreciate it when we say thank you, and don't bad-mouth them, or act like they don't care. They do!!!

Edited by Just Jim

21 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

With all due respect, if there is one thing I've learned about @SQUAD, and this forum, it's that your statement is 100% wrong. Some of the people there read everything we write here, and often chime in... And I know they appreciate it when we say thank you, and don't bad-mouth them, or act like they don't care. They do!!!

Why doesn't Sqaud like money? Being nice is expensive in this day and age. Kudos to them then.

33 minutes ago, i_like_kerbals said:

Why doesn't Sqaud like money? Being nice is expensive in this day and age. Kudos to them then.

I didn't mean to imply they don't like money... they're a business, obviously they're interested in a profit. 

And I didn't mean to come off sounding harsh, I apologize. I just know for a fact there are a couple people from @SQUAD who visit the forum all the time, and do their best to listen to what we're talking about, even if it might always seem that way.

And like the rest of us, they're only human... So it's nice to say thanks, and how much we appreciate all the hard work... Trust me... you might not actually see someone like @Darth Badie reply... but I guarantee she just read all of this, and hopefully will pass it on to everyone there at the office. Thank you! :wink:

5 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I didn't mean to imply they don't like money... they're a business, obviously they're interested in a profit. 

And I didn't mean to come off sounding harsh, I apologize. I just know for a fact there are a couple people from @SQUAD who visit the forum all the time, and do their best to listen to what we're talking about, even if it might always seem that way.

And like the rest of us, they're only human... So it's nice to say thanks, and how much we appreciate all the hard work... Trust me... you might not actually see someone like @Darth Badie reply... but I guarantee she just read all of this, and hopefully will pass it on to everyone there at the office. Thank you! :wink:

heh, no need to apologize, this is all light hearted talk, i didnt take offense... ive been on the internet so much i just had my opinion on the game industry i actually knew squad is different but now they are owned by take 2 and have dlc on steam with poor reviews so i lump them into the game industry now... my post was part joke cause i know the history of the game... im not a great comedian i admit and even i dont understand some stuff i write :) maybe im just sick of the internet and reddit and how everybody cries about loot crates, internet is great but im constantly exposed to crying about this and that... i dont even believe what i type i just act like i belong and to act like you belong you have to lower your character, im a logical person, i just do what the universe does

Edited by i_like_kerbals

1 hour ago, i_like_kerbals said:

i dont even believe what i type i just act like i belong and to act like you belong you have to lower your character, im a logical person, i just do what the universe does

Ahhh, I totally hear ya! 

But I'm happy to say this is one of the very, very rare forums you can hang out and totally be yourself... especially if your a space nerd like the rest of us... lmao... We may get into some heated discussions over really important stuff, like what kind of snacks Kerbals like best, but we're pretty much just one big, crazy, family.

19 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Ahhh, I totally hear ya! 

But I'm happy to say this is one of the very, very rare forums you can hang out and totally be yourself... especially if your a space nerd like the rest of us... lmao... We may get into some heated discussions over really important stuff, like what kind of snacks Kerbals like best, but we're pretty much just one big, crazy, family.

that's good cause it is weird whenever i play a new game, i end up on their forums and then someone ends up being rude to me and because i probably have bipolar disorder i usually get myself banned and then i cant get support for a mod or something and then i end up getting liquided off anytime i play the game and then i start hating the game... i use to mod for gta iv and gta v but i ended up getting myself banned from every gta website for constantly talking excrements to people who insisted on notifying me of how excrementsty and useless my mods were and i ended up trolling the community... it happend with paradox, gtaforums, all the different sites on reddit, mount and blade forum, i get banned from anything that requires social interaction... i get banned u name it, cause i grew up in a time where if you said something you had to back it up and here i am now on the internet full of people that want to tell me how stupid i am for asking questions

squad just ban me now cause some amazing person on texture replacer mod is giving me excrements for asking if it works on 1.4.2 just ban me now cause im already going into troll mode if i keep getting harassed for asking questions

if you ban me just please let me continue to download mods... paradox forums locks their mods away for members only and yeah i got banned there

Edited by i_like_kerbals

30 minutes ago, i_like_kerbals said:

squad just ban me now cause some amazing person on texture replacer mod is giving me excrements for asking if it works on 1.4.2 just ban me now cause im already going into troll mode if i keep getting harassed for asking questions

The amazing person on texture replacer is a very important mod-maker, and a friend. I doubt you'll get banned, but you might get a warning.

One thing is we all try our best to be polite, and in the case of mod-makers, or writers like myself, the golden rule is don't bug them, ever. They work incredibly hard behind the scenes, especially after a big update like we just had, and they deserve all the thanks and respect we can give them. :)

Edited by Just Jim

Just now, Just Jim said:

The person on texture replacer is a very important mod-maker, and a friend. I doubt you'll get banned, but you might get a warning.

One thing is we all try our best to be polite, and in the case of mod-makers, or writers like myself, the golden rule is don't bug them, ever. They work incredibly hard behind the scenes, especially after a big update like we just had, and they deserve all the thanks and respect we can give them. :)

i agree, i just am sick of people that want to be little excrementss like when i am told to test it myself when i am asking if it works. If I wanted to go through the problem of it i would have taken the 5 minutes to do it but why not just ask on the loveing thread? it's the thread the mod's author made and i asked on his thread if it works... why are people loveing harassing me then?

27 minutes ago, i_like_kerbals said:

i agree, i just am sick of people that want to be little excrementss like when i am told to test it myself when i am asking if it works. If I wanted to go through the problem of it i would have taken the 5 minutes to do it but why not just ask on the loveing thread? it's the thread the mod's author made and i asked on his thread if it works... why are people loveing harassing me then?

This forum, this community, has become an on-line home for many of us. And it works as such because we treat others (well, most of us do), with the same respect we desire to be treated with.

We come in all ages, all walks of life, and literally all over the world. And that's what makes this forum so great.

The advice to "go try it yourself" is because there are a few things about this forum you might need to know, being a newbie. And these are:

1) Don't pester mod makers with the whole "when are you going to update..." Because that liquides people off. Many of our modders have lived outside KSP which pays their bills. Modding for KSP is a hobby.

2) scan a thread before you ask about a mod. The question "does it work in 1.4" could have been answered if you noticed the comments about it not working on 1.3.1.

3) I had asked a few weeks ago about other mods. Galileo was kind enough to provide two links a few posts back. Texture Replacer isn't going to be updated any time soon since these other mods are out there.

4) The blowup on the Texture Replacer thread now has at least one moderator involved. Someone took it to a level it should have never been taken to... And is a violation of forum rules. No member of this forum is allowed to harass or personally attack/insult another member. But it did happen.

5. I'm no moderator, just an old fart who likes to play KSP and hanging out on the forum. I will offer this advice, treat the other forum members with courtesy and you'll get that same courtesy in return.

Having wandered somewhat far from the subject of the thread these posts were in, they have been moved here. 

We'd rather not ban anyone, but you may have noticed that we have a language filter and ask people to be polite to each other while they're here. Please observe our rules, and you'll remain welcome here. :D

2 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

This forum, this community, has become an on-line home for many of us. And it works as such because we treat others (well, most of us do), with the same respect we desire to be treated with.

We come in all ages, all walks of life, and literally all over the world. And that's what makes this forum so great.

The advice to "go try it yourself" is because there are a few things about this forum you might need to know, being a newbie. And these are:

1) Don't pester mod makers with the whole "when are you going to update..." Because that liquides people off. Many of our modders have lived outside KSP which pays their bills. Modding for KSP is a hobby.

2) scan a thread before you ask about a mod. The question "does it work in 1.4" could have been answered if you noticed the comments about it not working on 1.3.1.

3) I had asked a few weeks ago about other mods. Galileo was kind enough to provide two links a few posts back. Texture Replacer isn't going to be updated any time soon since these other mods are out there.

4) The blowup on the Texture Replacer thread now has at least one moderator involved. Someone took it to a level it should have never been taken to... And is a violation of forum rules. No member of this forum is allowed to harass or personally attack/insult another member. But it did happen.

5. I'm no moderator, just an old fart who likes to play KSP and hanging out on the forum. I will offer this advice, treat the other forum members with courtesy and you'll get that same courtesy in return.

i agree with this but honestly, all i asked is if it works with the latest... i didnt want an answer right away, i would have waited a week, a month until 1.5 comes out but i would have waited until someone told me it worked for my version. I wouldnt have bothered anyone. I simply posted the question and went back to my game. And I come back to snarky amazing persons... everywhere i go these amazing persons follow me... is it the same guy? maybe who knows on the internet, maybe it is you for all i know... next time if you see a "newbie" ask if something is up to date and want to roll your eyes and go tell your friends and laugh at me then go do that and don't reply, just let me wither away with no response. Again if I wante to test it myself I would have clicked download, unrar'd the archive, installed it into my game data folder, then i would have loaded my game and then i would have saw the game start and then id ask myself... is it working? how do i know? i guess things look different... hmm maybe... maybe i should just [snip] ask in the mod's thread... do you mind if i do that?? is that ok with you guys?

Edited by Vanamonde