Neptune Escape Rocket Replica - Subnautica

After trying out Subnautica, I realized that the Neptune Escape Rocket could be built in KSP.

First, some background (in a spoiler because it contains quite a few spoilers) followed by a picture of the rocket.

Spoiler

The Neptune Escape Rocket is a rocket constructed by the sole survivor of the Aurora (a starship) to escape Planet 4546B, which is an ocean planet harboring life (where the Aurora crashed). It consists of 5 parts: The Launch Platform, which floats on the water and provides a stable base to launch the rocket from, the Gantry, which allows you to enter/exit the rocket as well as supporting it, the Boosters, which boost the rocket out of the atmosphere of the planet, the Ion Fuel Reserve, which acts as a massive fuel tank for the Ion Boosters, and the Cockpit, which is where you sit and control the rocket. This is what the rocket looks like in Subnautica:

Image result for neptune escape rocket

This is my second iteration of the design, the Neptune Escape Rocket Mk II. It was designed to looks more like the Neptune than the Mk I yet still retaining much of the same functionality.

eiOwOn3qQoa_zY1hxaHxI4LAZnXRf1ZdeDtoRoa9UACprm-4WlbB6LA70tg7XmcuSVQ5KRSoaMyc2AeJAVk0Tha9zqAySK-lcmo2j8pPF7PdEv35dsDAqE8pFdFLS9eNC5FjRsAw9ew

It utilizes two stages (even though the real rocket only has one) to get you off the planet and into orbit with enough fuel to spare to get you to the nearest interstellar warp gate. It includes 5 Vector Engines in the first stage, 1 Rhino engine in the second stage, and a cupola as the cockpit. The launch tower on the side allows you to enter and exit the rocket like the actual one. It is capable of getting into orbit with lots of fuel remaining. Be sure to retract the antennae before liftoff!

Download link for N.E.R Mk II: https://kerbalx.com/EnderTamerz/Neptune-Escape-Rocket-in-KSP-Mk-II

Stats:

Part Count: 278 (lots of structural wings and radiators)

Mass: 380.98t

Cost: 295,588

I know there's lots of room for improvement, so feel free to leave a few tips or ideas below so I can improve on my design. 

Download links:

N.E.R Mk I: https://kerbalx.com/EnderTamerz/Neptune-Escape-Rocket-in-KSP

N.E.R Mk II: https://kerbalx.com/EnderTamerz/Neptune-Escape-Rocket-in-KSP-Mk-II

The Mk I and its test flight:

Spoiler

The Mk I on the pad. The Mk I was designed to purely be a functional rocket while looking somewhat like the Neptune, and is capable of reaching orbit with over 4000 m/s of delta-v left.

Download link for N.E.R Mk I: https://kerbalx.com/EnderTamerz/Neptune-Escape-Rocket-in-KSP

Part Count: 96

Mass: 270.89t

Cost: 210,795

Pure Stock

UN48Q_KQtYbRKM33yk0kKL82tYPR3wlTF-6HuGq7uJJFlOPybvJGvjGeQeAmdYP95fw9JmXso71rZb6u_RgnL6igaTdcGpsocvdR0wqCzlb4VhxZHb2HLoici6jKbRIu66IljVQrkq0

Here's our survivor/pilot, Riley Kerman!

yTPRN4ZH-nRre0pku42arQsmPjYRcuUcHVd6sC07mGN9wzc4iKzOC0Pp3Kw0KKI1QYfEpge8g2MIi5SeqjTYp9XrrbqrBaTFiIjY_gE5oX7X5xLQERMNBRiZ5EESCNok3JXlR9Elgbs

That's an awfully tall rocket...

Iy5DnHikvnG0axvgd94GAHalIMVnZXT96UNrCdYXb8b1WbRnQCQoX6xmSSm0Xq5mbKdawz3TTdt3cQQA3ov1xuuiVoZs2IEBxM-AIbAgiFbPi2EeVsLZNDdnXmdD8WwTXmCmAbecNtU

On top of the launch tower:

jB-AxdpXfExOFqVBuTzUKCTYSTLrcXY7w-wKmBQ_at-Wrnke3EM0QSCxnxIcymSkZXiK_6IOOA9zSkBimaT7fNTrBp5V59W_3Dyf1w8HVCYzKNAME4xe5Vfi_YRnt1DWIbZYt0GKDSM

Ready for liftoff:

6gSAz2GthudLyTpHCLEChVC-gqAC9nHOZVIlEa_8i0F4msmqnvKanMaoyFIUTS-BAkVsinj1r0Nc1gAtgvf_t8ZNDdSiwaOTLKk61AURyF-na0Qrk8bsWrJeqONIMQRG5SwenFNiqus

And we have liftoff!

d-_P0d55VNUU0i2iI6O4THLlizRgOCfQU-0WmvTvakW5QWXCvQ8zi9T9C7O1pIzDSW3wnRYMUd1DTJ7TM8W4btylgeqWitRG4KVfu37ZgFBINbcH_jxr0PVr_0Qc16eKvcNAPb-XRvw

Up...

2bOYFgtVv_MP2ANgiX9185TL2u5aKSR-s4na8nIzYO0GZwzlxWTd3QRivl-D538i33ppGcxRYodMd5dNrK8Y5BBVbVi5ZWJt2H7LpibuYh8hF6YkRHiGWQ4P0Ce7TQ7J4LSlwfSghFw

Up...

HCw7CIAWZHyFuxM_0a1IHXw-tU7rfFGbAjCVcRf2A-yI3OZ67SR9ORmToEXd9w2Xdgc7lmDu_P5dAANYAcHDmSCIurRLvW1E2Ia4AEwrOuQuJuBFVLjgioD2KJbSdhoi0DBUHTq0y4Y

And away!

kn1SHMWSKO_0Sgr-b47xerm-kLsulTaer6WGrOqB-a667qDAve1A74d9-IZKvJCNtG9tA_Zq7I1QryMt9AUoMdtkZ38S92fbZwgUoBnuFyUJtvhGVQkWdd9au0lzYeojSOdQZWB8Hp0

"Executing Gravity Turn Maneuver" (That's what it says in the game I know I already did one)

NUW5-i8NxStCXsEQRugziaYdcTNwEtTdSO5HWOTlym8wxQbbKGxFlYj6iA_JYYBYltdyRGZP6T_9YqfUtQ3xc4Xvo19oi78hsRxxqc0mbt-EBay3uCZheQQMkKRIBrzB-bMmo5_0ycM

Circularized with 4,312 m/s of delta v left. Quite a sizable chunk I'd say.

54oKKXWom-O4NsslYQrl5yup9rviECLa7ZJgngVLWprlPGcvKPGCchwjJY2cO_Kx1R3ApqIHi0LwWUmWqmbkAUPs76hzzpS_aaG1PAeZvoH76SoDVY2hgJ930jewh8LmZ8-f6MDUQHM

In orbit. 

xF6GmMSk30w9Fm95C1yfIH5ptSA__8HGASkYlgiHgchAOx8be0zmFkDx80MthaGM1enK2bfkNSVYI7BGcVg7cSkycxhj53tU-ae9FgRuZVsujb5SCIB_cHIl7w95poltCalMjn1MsHQ

No Ryley don't press that button no Ryley don't touch that Ryley that turns on the engine please don't press that button RYLEY

djh2icH-3Dq1mGH7rboDfUlZmm1CLxBLnB70ld7kWdgh-NRRFStT3BmSegHDJSThMqkfJBp3BC5dfTYfSIL-R_N-UCDMVdVUD1i0uWsT2iWtF2gRpcYQ6KH5kPVJVGh-ta0JCDKE8Rk

*ahem* Uh here we can see the parachutes deploying.

_GEKuluFo9PISkd3TTa-I76LCypUwag6ZBLSCKtdpbTGZlEMBrKP3nny3ll9t3HzFKi6GEPwmPWojtzqvCqjJGiFn2t_BDRNpoQEfTzLoV3zFf8Xyr7HUEKGsJuLTnn7-iJ6zJkNzMs

And landed.

wIfIvIgRVAlrqPvPr59GC9T-LmJn0Y2N8wiaO_rg0c5c3t7-CmvcvmvZuzgqFQ5BjkTjOtS7p5X_4Vzx5n0syPwn4ufyCoHwDPqr_JEebne35xne-df0qivbFmsm6SYQmdHgJ5Ce4ns

Wait, who are those people?

3nz_CBF-Y6L3-4XnfyduVnD76etFMq_zk5bw45_ANn2F1SYxw3rowiywnuhvvbFAL3_yvBZSeaN9hNWnptaytMOxirJwU8wVgVT6sCi0_1L1mU2M6dgWhaC-9JynekAzcgsc73tzRvU

Ryley, you won't be lonely anymore! You'll have friends!

sU8gGEsCpuXr1kXfYeRH5fg8ap6lnwLCyssm-4Utdxb45DcnpCSFeUA00Io6DBScDTMNKdh30fKj2cCQFQmzoTaQdO2OsM-cTNNXwcAupK4LV-zezQhfD1aKWZBuP6eYEAD5RfudK-U

(To be honest, I don't really know how those kerbals ended up there. I landed just 1.4 km away from them on accident, and decided to run over there. I think these kerbals were the ones I made jump out of a Mk 1-3 Pod so I could test out the new parachutes.)

Thanks for viewing!

Edited by PredawnElk1
small typos

Edited and revised the Mk I to the Mk II.

Some things that I added are the plating around the boosters and fuel tanks (which really helps the looks of the rocket), the two side antennae (retract before liftoff!), and removal of the heat shield and parachute system (the actual rocket doesn't have it). Again, if you have any suggestions, I'll be glad to hear them.

Some things I could add to the Mk III: more detail on the boosters and fuel reserves, better shaping of the cockpit, better-looking gantry (maybe with elevator? Need help with that), and perhaps a floating launch platform (just like the real thing). If you have any ideas for constructing any of these details, please leave them below.

No, I haven't yet, but after finishing up the Neptune I may create the Cyclops. It's surprising that nobody but me has posted a Neptune replica yet, as I would suppose that the Neptune would be best suited for KSP.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.