[1.12.x] The 0.35m SSR MicroSat and Airlaunch Vehicle

linuxgurugamer

9 hours ago, Jokpau Gaming said:

I added cargo function from 1.11  for the parts of squiggsy space research: :  http://www.mediafire.com/folder/hskf8b9q70y9w/SquiggsySpaceResearch

Also, the sas chip doesn't work for me too. 

Still, the mod is amazing and I hope you will add the cargo functionality to the main mod. You can use mine if you want, it works.

I'll take a look, always happy to accept contributions.

SAS chip doesn't work, which is why it's totally commented out

Could you put a single zip file for downloading somewhere, I don't fancy having to download lots of individual files

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Jokpau Gaming said:

How is the merging with the real thing going?

Will it still happen?

Sorry, fell through the cracks.

will get to it this weekend, if not sooner

Thanks for the reminder

On 2/14/2021 at 1:13 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Thank you.  I'll review it, and if it all looks ok, will merge it in.  Since this is a manual merge, it may take a few days

I just downloaded and looked at it, I don't see any changes at all between your file and what's been released.  I downloaded 0.1.3.2 from Spacedock to be sure, but the only difference I see is that your file has a @thumbs folder and mine doesn't

Looks like you zipped up the wrong version (I'm using the all-in-one rar file)

There should be a cargo text at the bottom of each cfg file, at least I see it

Something like this:

MODULE
{
    name = ModuleCargoPart
    stackableQuantity = 1
    packedVolume = 40

And it shows the cargo part funcionality in game, at least in 1.11.0

Edited by Jokpau Gaming

So I'm going to be looking at the models for this mod today... Anyone have any known issues with models or textures to look at?

I dont see any issues shown on the repo.... vOv

What exactly is wrong with the SAS Chip?

FYI @linuxgurugamer

@FiiZzioN you wouldnt still happen to have that RealPlumes cfg for this, floating around, would you?

Edited by Stone Blue

11 hours ago, Jokpau Gaming said:

Something like this:

MODULE
{
    name = ModuleCargoPart
    stackableQuantity = 1
    packedVolume = 40

If I cant get the RAR file with the updated configs, I'll probably use KSP_PartVolumes to get a consistent set of values.

I'll look at that RAR again when I have time

39 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

If I cant get the RAR file with the updated configs, I'll probably use KSP_PartVolumes to get a consistent set of values.

I was gonna use PartVolume for this too... lol

I already managed to trim about ~10.5MB off the mod, just by converting the 3 remaining .mbms to .png
Thinking about downsizing the testures from 1k, to 512 or even 256 ;)

Edited by Stone Blue

13 hours ago, Jokpau Gaming said:

Something like this:

MODULE
{
    name = ModuleCargoPart
    stackableQuantity = 1
    packedVolume = 40

Ok, for some odd reason, the program I used to show me the differences just didn't want to work on this.

I'm going to review your chagnes and compare to what KSPPartVolume comes up with.

Can you explain how you came up with the values?

New release, 0.1.4

• Added ModuleCargoPart to all parts

@Jokpau Gaming I've merged the changes, but  had to make a number of changes, to update the  values and to fix syntax errors.  I also formatted the new stanza for ModuleCargoPart to match the rest of the part. I did use the KSPPart_Volumes mod to get updated values

While I appreciate the effort and plan, for having 1024x1024 textures, based on the amount of detail/layout of the textures, and the smol size of the parts (I mean, how close and often, are you gonna be max zoomed in on the parts?)...I decided to see how resizing as many as I could, w/o significant loss of quality in-game would go.

So I have the mod down to ~22MB currently.
Debating whether I want to spend the time trying a texture revamp, and/or giving the mod a ReStock color treatment... :thinking:

Edited by Stone Blue

22 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

While I appreciate the effort and plan, for having 1024x1024 textures, based on the amount of detail/layout of the textures, and the smol size of the parts (I mean, how close and often, are you gonna be max zoomed in on the parts?)...I decided to see how resizing as many as I could, w/o significant loss of quality in-game would go.

So I have the mod down to ~22MB currently.
Debating whether I want to spend the time trying a texture revamp, and/or giving the mod a ReStock color treatment... :thinking:

Looking forward to your results.  ReStock color treatment would be nice, but not sure how much work that is

On 4/24/2021 at 5:30 AM, Stone Blue said:

Are the engine effects (smoke and plume), for the Bambi not visible, for anyone else?

Engine effects work for me. The fairing however, is a major eye sore. Is that maybe a missing texture? If you do end up tweaking any textures, would it be difficult to add a B9 switch to turn on/off the logo on the tanks?

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Looking forward to your results.  ReStock color treatment would be nice, but not sure how much work that is

Idk yet.. I expect, just recoloring the textures... but we'll see

3 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Engine effects work for me. The fairing however, is a major eye sore. Is that maybe a missing texture? If you do end up tweaking any textures, would it be difficult to add a B9 switch to turn on/off the logo on the tanks?

Hmmm... I'll have to poke the cfgs...I might have broen the fx when I optimized/modified the cfgs. Thanx for the info ;)
I havent really noticed anything out of the ordinary with the fairing texture vOv
As to the logo, that should be an easy modification.

I'm optimizing/reconstructing the first model & its textures. Looking to learn about adding AO bakes, and this mod could really use it, as the parts look really, id,... *flat?* without it... vOv
Also looing to re-UV everything, and redo the textures into atlases... I probably wont be redoing the textures, other than cutting them up (to match redone UVs), & atlasing them by combining the pieces, into less number of textures needed (texture sharing).

I would like to get the mod down to between 5~10MB in total size (its only 20 parts).

I've already optimized/renamed internal partnames, filenames, folder structure. I dont expect to make it publicly available, as it would be save-game breaking for peeps who use it in important saved games.

The models & textures, and possibly ReStock recolor, could possibly be merged with no conflicts into LGG's official version, for release, tho...
We'll see when I get further along.

Edited by Stone Blue

• 8 months later...
On 4/25/2021 at 12:17 PM, Stone Blue said:

Idk yet.. I expect, just recoloring the textures... but we'll see

Hmmm... I'll have to poke the cfgs...I might have broen the fx when I optimized/modified the cfgs. Thanx for the info ;)
I havent really noticed anything out of the ordinary with the fairing texture vOv
As to the logo, that should be an easy modification.

I'm optimizing/reconstructing the first model & its textures. Looking to learn about adding AO bakes, and this mod could really use it, as the parts look really, id,... *flat?* without it... vOv
Also looing to re-UV everything, and redo the textures into atlases... I probably wont be redoing the textures, other than cutting them up (to match redone UVs), & atlasing them by combining the pieces, into less number of textures needed (texture sharing).

I would like to get the mod down to between 5~10MB in total size (its only 20 parts).

I've already optimized/renamed internal partnames, filenames, folder structure. I dont expect to make it publicly available, as it would be save-game breaking for peeps who use it in important saved games.

The models & textures, and possibly ReStock recolor, could possibly be merged with no conflicts into LGG's official version, for release, tho...
We'll see when I get further along.

Sorry to necro an old thread but I just found this mod and thought it might make a perfect set of parts for relay networks. Totally fine to play with the current version, but before I get started with it, I wanted to see if you had made any progress since your last post on the optimizations / potential ReStock recolor? I'm guessing not and that you moved on to other projects given the lack of further updates, but I thought I'd check. :)

@Zelda Yeah.. unfortunately, no I havent done anything with it... It was soon after I posted, that I put away KSP (KSP-related stuff is my *winter* hobby), for summer work & activities. I had hoped to be back to it already this winter... But IRL stuff has kept me from doing much so far :(

Edited by Stone Blue

56 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

@Zelda Yeah.. unfortunately, no I havent done anything with it... It was soon after I posted, that I put away KSP (KSP-related stuff is my *winter* hobby), for summer work & activities. I had hoped to be back to it already this winter... But IRL stuff has kept me from doing much so far :(

Totally understandable, thanks for the reply! If you do decide to resume work on this at some point, great, but if not, that's understandable too. :)

Edited by Zelda

2 hours ago, Zelda said:

Sorry to necro an old thread but I just found this mod and thought it might make a perfect set of parts for relay networks. Totally fine to play with the current version, but before I get started with it, I wanted to see if you had made any progress since your last post on the optimizations / potential ReStock recolor? I'm guessing not and that you moved on to other projects given the lack of further updates, but I thought I'd check. :)

Maybe take a look at the Octosat Continued mod