[1.12.x] The 0.35m SSR MicroSat and Airlaunch Vehicle

linuxgurugamer

Glad to see you continuing this on, I was surprised when I decided to give KSP a go again, went on CKAN and saw my old mod revived and still kicking, thanks for your hard work for the community Linuxgurugamer! I don't have time to maintain mods any more so your work is greatly appreciated

New release, 0.1.2

• Added SCANSat integration patch
On 5/15/2018 at 1:12 AM, Jivaii said:

Could we get a scansat integration? Or is it as simple as adding the scansat modules into the SSR scanner part?

Done

3 hours ago, Squiggsy said:

Glad to see you continuing this on, I was surprised when I decided to give KSP a go again, went on CKAN and saw my old mod revived and still kicking, thanks for your hard work for the community Linuxgurugamer! I don't have time to maintain mods any more so your work is greatly appreciated

Nice to see you.  Glad you approve.

Would you still have the original models around?  There are a couple of small issues which need to be fixed (offset thrust on the engines), I need the models to do that.

Thanks

24 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Nice to see you.  Glad you approve.

Would you still have the original models around?  There are a couple of small issues which need to be fixed (offset thrust on the engines), I need the models to do that.

Thanks

Unfortunately my hard drive died a while back and I didn't have a back up so all my old models are gone :( sorry bout that

Edit : Is it not possible to use this to import the .mu into blender and grab the model that way?

Edited by Squiggsy

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, Oneiros said:

This is awesome. I'd be happy to jump on board and help with this, though I'm a bit rusty when it comes to blender, and I'm not sure exactly what you need. If you can clarify and I can google, it should be possible.

I'll plan on integrating this into Unmanned Tech as a potential alternative, or companion, to the 0.35m sounding rockets (which also adds 0.35m chutes and a few other miniature goodies, for the person who mentioned that).

Also, do you mind if I send a few pull requests via GitHub? The battery is in the wrong category, and I wouldn't mind enhancing that little survey scanner so it can run experiments (if you think that's a good idea).

PRs are always welcome.

Regarding the models, There are a couple of small issues which need to be fixed (offset thrust on the engines).  The big culprit is the micro engine with 4 thrusters, one at each corner.  

On 10/5/2018 at 6:46 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

PRs are always welcome.

Regarding the models, There are a couple of small issues which need to be fixed (offset thrust on the engines).  The big culprit is the micro engine with 4 thrusters, one at each corner.  

As a stop-gap* measure, you can nudge the model a little so that the total thrust vector is brought under the centerline:

// Replace the existing model definition line:
// mesh = model.mu

MODEL
{
	model = SquiggsySpaceResearch/Parts/MicroSat/MicroLqdFuelEngine/MicroSatLqdFuelEngine
	position = 0.002, 0.0, 0.011
}

* I call it 'stop-gap', but it actually causes a visual gap/offset with the fuel tank above...I did this with one of the Ven's Stock Revamp engines, but since that was a 2.5m engine, the offset of a few millimeters wasn't as obvious.

55 minutes ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

As a stop-gap* measure, you can nudge the model a little so that the total thrust vector is brought under the centerline:

// Replace the existing model definition line:
// mesh = model.mu

MODEL
{
	model = SquiggsySpaceResearch/Parts/MicroSat/MicroLqdFuelEngine/MicroSatLqdFuelEngine
	position = 0.002, 0.0, 0.011
}

* I call it 'stop-gap', but it actually causes a visual gap/offset with the fuel tank above...I did this with one of the Ven's Stock Revamp engines, but since that was a 2.5m engine, the offset of a few millimeters wasn't as obvious.

Thanks.  I'll probably release this, but would really like if someone could fix the model itself.

Instead of trying to find the exact offset, I just duplicated the model and flipped one.  It looks a little weird in the editor due to z-fighting, but at least it's now perfectly balanced...as all things should be.

MODEL
{
}
MODEL
{
	rotation = 0, 180, 0
}

1 hour ago, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

Instead of trying to find the exact offset, I just duplicated the model and flipped one.  It looks a little weird in the editor due to z-fighting, but at least it's now perfectly balanced...as all things should be.

MODEL
{
}
MODEL
{
	rotation = 0, 180, 0
}

Hmmm.  I wonder what does to the total thrust, since there are now 2x as many thrust transforms.  I’ll have to test

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, StevieC said:

Small request: a decoupler that is like the existing microsat decoupler except it decouples on the round/octagonal flange

If you know alittle about MM you can make a patch that copies the part

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleDecouple
		ejectionForce = 10
		explosiveNodeID = top                          // <----------  here to  bottom
	}

so it looks like 

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleDecouple
		ejectionForce = 10
		explosiveNodeID = bottom
	}                                                            

so you have both if you want all you have to do is change the explosiveNodeID = bottom 

here is a patch 

+PART[35decoupler]
{
 @name = 35decouplerB
 %title = #LOC_SSR_35decouplerB_title // #35decouplerB_title = Octagonal Adaptive DecouplerB
 @MODULE[ModuleDecouple]
  {
   @explosiveNodeID = bottom
  }
}

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dr. TarB said:

@linuxgurugamer Sorry for disturbing you with such a little thing, it's just FYI - CKAN insallation of this refers to the old release of FMRS v1.1.0.1 in recommended mods.

What version of KSP are you running?

When you installed it via CKAN, what were the compatible KSP versions set to?

When was the last time you refreshed the mod list in CKAN (ie:  Refresh button)?

Edited by linuxgurugamer

10 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

What version of KSP are you running?

When you installed it via CKAN, what were the compatible KSP versions set to?

When was the last time you refreshed the mod list in CKAN (ie:  Refresh button)?

Game ver. 1.5.1, I've installed it just an hour ago, that's the screenshot (I've refreshed CKAN right before making it):

bm6CL51.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm not able to use FD-01 Smallfield Dish Antenna as a relay antenna although its type is Relay. Also, I checked the cfg file and it's written "relay" there. Additionally, I've seen the survey scanner doesn't work either. 

I used to play on version 1.5.1 and playing 1.6.1 now. However, it was same in version 1.5.1.

• 4 weeks later...