The Ultimate Dogfighter: a BDArmory fighter jet competition.

10 hours ago, Box of Stardust said:

Bit of random here:

It turns out FAR solves the slow problem. :P

Tb9Daec.png

Man, sometimes stock KSP's drag model is really annoying.

I could create a FAR leaderboard. 

Also, I've been have some... weird bugs in BDA 1.1 that breaks guns, so we will be using 1.0 for now.

Edited by Guest

34 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

Also, I've been have some... weird bugs in BDA 1.1 that breaks guns,

Delete guns from your craft & put new one , i had this bug when import craft from 1.0 to 1.1 .

My shark not fireing even in extrem close combat . I just delete all weapon and put fresh one . You can try .

4 hours ago, dundun92 said:

Also, I've been have some... weird bugs in BDA 1.1 that breaks guns, so we will be using 1.0 for now.

3 hours ago, ZLM-Master said:

Delete guns from your craft & put new one , i had this bug when import craft from 1.0 to 1.1 .

My shark not fireing even in extrem close combat . I just delete all weapon and put fresh one . You can try .

This is true ... Importing craft that are armed into the new BDAc is going to mess with the weapons as the craft file that has been saved will have values in it that are no longer in BDAc as well as not having the new variables that are in BDAc v1.1

This has been mentioned a few times but obviously we on the BDAc team need to keep telling people this as it appears that nobody want's to read older posts in the BDAc thread or in the Beta test threads because, well, reasons :rolleyes:

TL;DR - DO NOT IMPORT OLDER CRAFT WITH WEAPONS ON THEM FROM PREVIOUS BDA INSTALLS ..... REMOVE ALL BDAc AND BDAc ADDON PARTS AND THEN IMPORT YOUR CRAFT

Edited by DoctorDavinci

1 hour ago, DoctorDavinci said:

This is true ... Importing craft that are armed into the new BDAc is going to mess with the weapons as the craft file that has been saved will have values in it that are no longer in BDAc as well as not having the new variables that are in BDAc v1.1

This has been mentioned a few times but obviously we on the BDAc team need to keep telling people this as it appears that nobody want's to read older posts in the BDAc thread or in the Beta test threads because, well, reasons :rolleyes:

TL;DR - DO NOT IMPORT OLDER CRAFT WITH WEAPONS ON THEM FROM PREVIOUS BDA INSTALLS ..... REMOVE ALL BDAc AND BDAc ADDON PARTS AND THEN IMPORT YOUR CRAFT

To be honest, these kinds of things should be in the install instructions. 

Given this new knowledge, maybe new Vulcans work fine with hitpoints, I don't know. 

41 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

To be honest, these kinds of things should be in the install instructions.

If users would read posts in a thread then they would know this ... I put it in the OP of the BDAc thread when we released BDAc v1.1 Final and nobody read it as evidenced by this issue of weapons not working right with the update

I have now put it at the top of the OP in the BDAc thread so people will see it right away, but we all know nobody is gonna read the instructions :confused:

Edited by DoctorDavinci

2 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

If users would read posts in a thread then they would know this ... I put it in the OP of the BDAc thread when we released BDAc v1.1 Final and nobody read it as evidenced by this issue of weapons not working right with the update

I have now put it at the top of the OP in the BDAc thread so people will see it right away, but we all know nobody is gonna read the instructions :confused:

The bug is present even after making an entirely new design completely in 1.1.

Yop ! So i start with my craft link :wink:

Want to test against another craft of you , so i begin .

Delta Force , light fighter , light weaponary . Good agility . Decent TWR . Sould be the more intresting .

YLQblYf.jpg

Shark IV , Heavy class . sighly better weapon . Bit lack of Thrust , Goog maneuvrability . Can handle more bullet . Sould be better in this challenge without Drone ^^

CO0PotI.jpg

Light Fighter 1 , Light Class , Diffrent global shape , try new thing ( Prototype ) This craft eat Sidewinder 3 by 3 :wink: Looking good but not efficient ^^

KI9TGMc.jpg

Still in BDAc 1.1 . Need to know if @dundun92 still have issues whit last BDAc . If then , i re-tweak them for 1.0 .

Nice day on Kerbin .

Edited by ZLM-Master

On 4/9/2018 at 4:44 AM, ZLM-Master said:

Yop ! So i start with my craft link :wink:

Want to test against another craft of you , so i begin .

Delta Force , light fighter , light weaponary . Good agility . Decent TWR . Sould be the more intresting .

YLQblYf.jpg

Shark IV , Heavy class . sighly better weapon . Bit lack of Thrust , Goog maneuvrability . Can handle more bullet . Sould be better in this challenge without Drone ^^

CO0PotI.jpg

Light Fighter 1 , Light Class , Diffrent global shape , try new thing ( Prototype ) This craft eat Sidewinder 3 by 3 :wink: Looking good but not efficient ^^

KI9TGMc.jpg

Still in BDAc 1.1 . Need to know if @dundun92 still have issues whit last BDAc . If then , i re-tweak them for 1.0 .

Nice day on Kerbin .

I will be using BDA 1.0. So it would be helpful if you would re-tweak them to 1.0. 

https://kerbalx.com/BlueCanary/F-20-Pirate

Don’t have access to KSP rn but I wanted to get something in the contest quickly so here’s a plane I made that was tweaked for another challenge, if I remember right it should meet the rules but it might have some AIM-120s attached, if so would you mind removing them for me because there’s no way I can do it myself right now? Thank you for making this challenge, I’ve been looking for a manned BDArmory contest for a while now.

EDIT: also miiight be a little short on mass for the heavy fighter challenge and a little too much thrust for the light fighter challenge. Hmmm.

Edited by BlueCanary

After doing some testing and my first AI kerbal dogfight, here I am. This craft uses max weapon load along with high maneuverability to gain superiority. Make sure that all aircraft leave the ground at one time plz because In my testing 2-2 matches of it one was taken out while still on runway. (Do stuff like make sure there are no orbital vessels that you could switch to. 

BTW, You can update it to 1.4.2 because all the systems used in this challenge work their too (thank you for choosing AIM-9s because they don't require radar)

Picture:ZrEcUZw.png

Funny Moment: The second dog fight turned out sort of equal, with Team A losing a pilot but having a fighter left at the end and Team B loosing both planes but bth pilots surviving with one jumping from one as it uncontrollably sped around in the KSC and one that had one wing but was somehow still flying level when the pilot reasized that it was hopeless and bailed. (The remaining enemy fighter finally dispatched the deadly missiles at the empty plane)

CRAFT FILE: https://kerbalx.com/Tylo_Airframes/HM-1

LEMONY BONDXDnUoKD.png

Edited by KeranoKerman
LEMONY BOND

6 hours ago, BlueCanary said:

https://kerbalx.com/BlueCanary/F-20-Pirate

Don’t have access to KSP rn but I wanted to get something in the contest quickly so here’s a plane I made that was tweaked for another challenge, if I remember right it should meet the rules but it might have some AIM-120s attached, if so would you mind removing them for me because there’s no way I can do it myself right now? Thank you for making this challenge, I’ve been looking for a manned BDArmory contest for a while now.

EDIT: also miiight be a little short on mass for the heavy fighter challenge and a little too much thrust for the light fighter challenge. Hmmm.

Yep, you'll probably have to do the weight adding yourself.

5 hours ago, Dawn of Science said:

After doing some testing and my first AI kerbal dogfight, here I am. This craft uses max weapon load along with high maneuverability to gain superiority. Make sure that all aircraft leave the ground at one time plz because In my testing 2-2 matches of it one was taken out while still on runway. (Do stuff like make sure there are no orbital vessels that you could switch to. 

BTW, You can update it to 1.4.2 because all the systems used in this challenge work their too (thank you for choosing AIM-9s because they don't require radar)

Picture:ZrEcUZw.png

Funny Moment: The second dog fight turned out sort of equal, with Team A losing a pilot but having a fighter left at the end and Team B loosing both planes but bth pilots surviving with one jumping from one as it uncontrollably sped around in the KSC and one that had one wing but was somehow still flying level when the pilot reasized that it was hopeless and bailed. (The remaining enemy fighter finally dispatched the deadly missiles at the empty plane)

CRAFT FILE: https://kerbalx.com/Tylo_Airframes/HM-1

LEMONY BONDXDnUoKD.png

Ok, looks nice. We are actually using 1.3.1, so no worries! 

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Seems as though it didn’t take off due to too many rules. What is the thinking behind no AMRAAMs? I think one of the benchmarks of a good fighter would be to be able to evade missiles! 

it’s a shame there is no contest like this going atm tho, I’ve just got into building fighters and have a couple of nice designs.

dont get me wrong I think rules are good to avoid cheesing the game so much that you need to build crazy contraptions that look nothing like fighters, but I do think a few of these rules are unnecessary maybe there should be a community brainstormed rule set or something.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.