2D Clouds

12 hours ago, Capt. Hunt said:

Environmental Visual Enhancements is the mod you're looking for

Think you misread the post there bud lol :D

Also, I've no idea, sorry! I've only ever done extremely basic re-texturing of 3D objects from Skyrim, literally no idea where to start with 2D... which seems counter-intuitive really. 

2 hours ago, MR L A said:

Think you misread the post there bud lol :D

Also, I've no idea, sorry! I've only ever done extremely basic re-texturing of 3D objects from Skyrim, literally no idea where to start with 2D... which seems counter-intuitive really. 

Have you seen para sci-fi visuals? It adds in 2D clouds with low res atmospheric glare. My ultimate goal (though not offical yet) is to have a low resolution visual pack for Kerbal Star Systems.

2 hours ago, Wilhelm Kerman said:

Have you seen para sci-fi visuals? It adds in 2D clouds with low res atmospheric glare. My ultimate goal (though not offical yet) is to have a low resolution visual pack for Kerbal Star Systems.

Well I'm in favour of this. I'm running a pretty lousy system so low res should translate to okay performance for me! 

Keep me posted!

1 hour ago, MR L A said:

Well I'm in favour of this. I'm running a pretty lousy system so low res should translate to okay performance for me! 

Keep me posted!

Okay... but I am asking other people how to texture the clouds, and the configs for them. :)

I have no idea, you may want to ask on the threads for EVE and other mods that use such texture and see if their authors are willing to tell..

Buuuuut... If I had to guess, or at least try to do it myself, I would find a "cloud map" on google, there are several, taken from satellites, they have black backgrounds and just the clouds showing, and then remove the black background, making it transparent, leaving only the clouds...

(note: if you do this, make sure you find an image where license allows usage/editing/redistribution!)

Cheers!

35 minutes ago, Wilhelm Kerman said:

I love how the moderators express no emotion in their posts :P

Its because he's a cybernetic organism, living tissue over a metal endoskeleton, sent back in time to save Sarah/John Connor... and also ensure adherence to forum rules.

Go with him if you want to live!

1 hour ago, Dankgum said:

Take snippets of cloud mod codes and apply them to your cloud layer textures. If you want, I can provide a repository with a bunch of transparent nasa cloud maps.

Thanks, I may PM you if I can't find any myself. :)

KETO looks like an extremely HD pack.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.