1.4.2 is awesome...

Hunony

i updated from 1.3.1 to 1.4.2 and just saw a lot of things got better, perfomance, game loads faster, the only problem is the damn landing legs that explode everytime i hope squad fix the landing legs bug in next update

What I really could not tolerate on 1.4.2 in a glitch on Editor, where the Part I'm fine tuning automatically move to a SNAP place when I select it (if the part is clipping to some other), even with the Snap button turned off.

So, or I get into the right place on the first try, or the damned thing goes to a snap point when I try to replace/rotate it again.

I moved back to 1.4.1 for this only reason.

Edited by Lisias

1.4.2 is awesome, everything is cool when your launching the team
1.4.2 is awesome, when you're designing the dream

1.4.2 is better cause parts stick together
Some have said you and I are gonna fly forever?
Lets launch forever
We're the same unlike you, you're like me we're all playing in harmony

K. I'll see myself out.

3 minutes ago, steuben said:

Lets launch forever

K. I'll see myself out.

:D

11 minutes ago, steuben said:

Lets launch forever

K. I'll see myself out.

NOOOOOOO!!!!

SHUT!    UP!!!! 

WHY DID YOU DO THIS???!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

My own opinion... as if I haven't said this a bunch of times already... I love, love, love 1.4.2 and the DLC, and could not be happier!!! Well, I could, but @SQUAD isn't going to add Emiko's name in the game just to make me happier... lmao.... :sticktongue:

21 hours ago, Hunony said:

i updated from 1.3.1 to 1.4.2 and just saw a lot of things got better, perfomance, game loads faster, the only problem is the damn landing legs that explode everytime i hope squad fix the landing legs bug in next update

I don't remember exactly where I read it, but it was already posted somewhere on the forum the landing leg issue is being addressed.

Edited by Just Jim

21 hours ago, Hunony said:

I play both versions because all my stuff is in 1.3.1 but i checked out 1.4. It loads faster not because it loads faster, but because everyone(including me) deleted their mods. which I have around 50 of.

6 minutes ago, 322997am said:

I play both versions because all my stuff is in 1.3.1 but i checked out 1.4. It loads faster not because it loads faster, but because everyone(including me) deleted their mods. which I have around 50 of.

I'm not sure... I know mine loads super fast now, but you are correct, I'm not using my mods yet... However, I think just about all of them are updated, so I'll be adding them back in. Now I realized they've been updated, and won't be an exact match... But once they're all back in and working, I'm seriously thinking of timing my 1.3.1 game verses my 1.4.2 game and see if there is a difference in loading time if they both have the same mods installed.

1 hour ago, 322997am said:

i already installed a a lot part mods, but it is still fast, in 1.3.1 it was taking more than 15 minutes, now taking less than 10

Is that some Barney parody?? If so... Man... that's .... just...nvm

Anyway about the legs. Thanks to the community we have found a way to band aid the situation. The Git Hub has a fix and / or u can just edit the files ur self. Below is a complimentary video. Lets no forget to support KSP via the OFFICAL KSP BUG TRACKER.

Sincerely, Respectfully, Without prejudice UCC 1.308

Edited by Jungfaha
updated git link

21 minutes ago, Jungfaha said:

Is that some Barney parody?? If so... Man... that's .... just...nvm

Anyway about the legs. Thanks to the community we have found a way ti band aid the situation. The Git Hub has a fix and / or u can just edit the files ur self. Below is a complimentary video. Lets no forget to support KSP via the OFFICAL KSP BUG TRACKER.

Thanks for this. May I be the first (ok maybe second)  to offer you a Kerbal Snack.

On 06/04/2018 at 12:15 AM, steuben said:

Lets launch forever

except for docking...

16 minutes ago, invision said:

the game runs a lot better in performance than 1.2.2 does by leaps.

Agreed.  But the inclusion of "pesky bugs that should have never made it past QA" remain an issue.  Do we want a buggy game that performs, or a non-buggy game that lags?  We seem to be flip-flopping  in various degrees between these two modalities since .21

(and now a slight digression)

Ok sure, there is no definitive answer to be derived from (us) players to this problem (in this KSP specific instance) . However, in principle: Defining design requirements, establishing viable use cases, aligning comprehensive test plans and enabling internal and external resources to execute them seems to be a nice place to start.

I still get the impression that KSP Development seems to operate on an eternal "shoestring budget under thumb-screws" so to speak.

This is just my impression (to be clear --> regarding leadership and management only) and is not a criticism of the @SQUAD Dev-team who are very likely working their socks off every day.  They do care about this product (and it shows).  

My feeling is that they (and we) would benefit from a mid to long-term investment in Dev-team resources to help things along.  More importantly, the autonomy of our Developers' regarding base-game improvements vs DLC could be better optimised. (Let them do what they want based on player feedback)

Example:  Does anyone recall a major upsurge in player demand for a "mission builder" and DLC?  I don't recall that.  Sure, there was a buzz following its announcement, but that was "the tail wagging the dog" - and a sure fire way of generating more revenue (clearly not a bad thing if executed more perfectly, but it was NOT born by way of player demand - rather guided by player input after its announcement).  What players want yesterday and NOW is a less buggy basic game - not more paid DLC that adds additional bugs.

(Returning from the digression)

I like the recent performance enhancements.

11 minutes ago, Wallygator said:

We seem to be flip-flopping  in various degrees between these two modalities since .21

Hey in those days we had poor performance and  bugs :D

In all seriousness though, I'm not entirely sure this is fair. I'm not going to stand here and say 1.4.x is not buggy (clearly it is, and they are big bugs too), but 1.3.x had the best of both worlds (IMO). I can't think of any huge game-breaking bugs in 1.3.x and 1.2.x was also pretty stable too (I seem to remember they had a massive push in 1.2 to get it really polished).

What's the difference then between 1.2/3 and 1.4? Well, in 1.4 we didn't have a pre-release period. The cynic in me says this is because they didn't want us to know just how buggy it was and for that to hit sales of MH.

Edited by severedsolo

1 minute ago, severedsolo said:

Hey in those days we had poor performance and  bugs :D

In all seriousness though, I'm not entirely sure this is fair. I'm not going to stand here and say 1.4.x is not buggy (clearly it is, and they are big bugs too), but 1.3.x had the best of both worlds (IMO). I can't think of any huge game-breaking bugs in 1.3.x and 1.2.x was also pretty stable too (I seem to remember they had a massive push in 1.2 to get it really polished).

What's the difference then between 1.2/3 and 1.4? Well, in 1.4 we didn't have a pre-release period. The cynic in me says this is because they didn't want us to know just how buggy it was and for that to hit sales.

Well stated.

2 hours ago, severedsolo said:

Well, in 1.4 we didn't have a pre-release period.

They shouldn't need pre-release period to notice engines with off-center thrust, legs exploding, textures not matching, 5 m fairing base being bigger than 5 m..... 

I don't know if QA team  didn't ever place a 5m fairing or if they tried it but ignored the problem, but the truth is: they should have detected that. Some bugs are so obvious that make me doubt if there was even minimum QA testing for 1.4.

I got the DLC for free, but this (IMO) poorly tested update and DLC release only hurts DLC and KSP sales.

My guess is that a lot of intellectual knowledge and know how of the ksp code walked out the door with the dev exodus. The passion, dedication and ability of the new devs doesn’t makeup for the lack of ground up development in-depth knowledge of the ksp code. 

4 hours ago, Wallygator said:

Agreed.  But the inclusion of "pesky bugs that should have never made it past QA" remain an issue.  Do we want a buggy game that performs, or a non-buggy game that lags?  We seem to be flip-flopping  in various degrees between these two modalities since .21

This ^

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.