1.4.2 is awesome...

Hunony

3 hours ago, nanobug said:

Everyone is talking about fairings and landing legs and I'm just over here wondering why I turn into Cyclops from X-Men on re-entry unless I turn down the re-entry effect.

Turning into Cyclops was prerequisite to have EVA parachute.

4 hours ago, nanobug said:

Everyone is talking about fairings and landing legs and I'm just over here wondering why I turn into Cyclops from X-Men on re-entry unless I turn down the re-entry effect.

X-MEN-VALENTINE.jpg

ugh what u talking about dindt understanded

23 hours ago, nanobug said:

That's kind of strange since I distinctly remember having a mod that gave me EVA parachutes without turning into Cyclops pre 1.4

Well.... pre 1.4 re-entry efects din't made you Cyclops, that's why you needed a mod back then.

I'v just got my mods up to date and was thinking to play a brand new sandbox version and colonize the solar system.

Unfortunately, these bugs are going to cause too many headaches...so I'm holding off for now.

I've already experienced the landing legs exploding...I know there is a community fix for it, but I've also heard about the docking issues, and the bounding boxes of parts in general.

I even had a rocket explode on the launch pad, for no apparent reason...and it was held in place by launch clamps. Couldn't reproduce it, but there is something strange going on...

The only problem I'm having (modded 3x install, TAC life support, Scatterer, custom kopernicus mod planets of my own making), is the landing legs exploding, I haven't had a docking problem.

My colonization of the system in a new career mode is progressing, but my first ISRU miner on Mun is rather difficult to land because of these landing leg issues.

Other than that, once, just once, in many hours of play, I had it crash in the VAB.

Hey Guys, for a simple fix with the landing legs download kerbal joint reinforcement. No config editing needed. Probably. 

Not only does that mod seem to mitigate the landing leg shenanigans, it also wards of the kraken for those of you who have a tendency to do so.  

Seems to work for me, but my install is modded, as is the fix, so :P

Edited by Mark Kerbin

1 hour ago, KerikBalm said:

The only problem I'm having (modded 3x install, TAC life support, Scatterer, custom kopernicus mod planets of my own making), is the landing legs exploding, I haven't had a docking problem.

My colonization of the system in a new career mode is progressing, but my first ISRU miner on Mun is rather difficult to land because of these landing leg issues.

Other than that, once, just once, in many hours of play, I had it crash in the VAB.

To be fair, I haven't had issues myself with the docking ports, it's just what I've seen from others. I actually finished the final mission in the DLC the other day using old school landing legs - built from cubic octagonal struts. But they are not retractable, and do look ugly.

1 hour ago, Merinsan said:

I'v just got my mods up to date and was thinking to play a brand new sandbox version and colonize the solar system.

Unfortunately, these bugs are going to cause too many headaches...so I'm holding off for now.

I've already experienced the landing legs exploding...I know there is a community fix for it, but I've also heard about the docking issues, and the bounding boxes of parts in general.

I even had a rocket explode on the launch pad, for no apparent reason...and it was held in place by launch clamps. Couldn't reproduce it, but there is something strange going on...

Happens, you likely managed to clip a part into something like the pad,clamp, or kraken and the game didnt deal with it before the physics loaded in. How big and heavy is this sucker? Again KJR may save your ship, but eh who knows.

Edited by Mark Kerbin

Just now, Mark Kerbin said:

Happens, you likely managed to clip a part into something like the pad,clamp, or kraken and the game didnt deal with it before the physics loaded in. How big and heavy is this sucker?

Not very - it easily fit in the VAB. Maybe 70% of the height. I'd launched it successfully before, and immediately after the explosion. It's the first time I've ever had a craft explode on load, with launch clamps. Had it happen plenty without though.

On 4/8/2018 at 6:08 PM, Hunony said:

ugh what u talking about dindt understanded

Theres currently some visual bugs with the re entry fx, ie you can see flames thru the ship, seems to be mostly with the new capsule. Its just cosmetic, but can be annoying for some.

5 minutes ago, Merinsan said:

Not very - it easily fit in the VAB. Maybe 70% of the height. I'd launched it successfully before, and immediately after the explosion. It's the first time I've ever had a craft explode on load, with launch clamps. Had it happen plenty without though.

Weird. If anything ive seen that KSP is less prone to krakening at launch now.. GIve KJR a go. Maybe just place the clamps on again, I sorta remember having a similar minor incident with a 1.3.1 vessel when i first updated (stock), replacing clamps seemed to fix.

Edited by Mark Kerbin

On 4/5/2018 at 11:40 AM, Foxster said:

It is two steps forward and one back. Or maybe the other way around. 

Quite a lot of show-stopper bugs for you to spot soon. 

It's astounding;
Time is fleeting;
Madness takes its toll
But listen closely...
Not for very much longer
I've got to keep control
I remember doing the time-warp
Drinking those moments when
The Blackness would hit me
And the void would be calling...
Let's do the time-warp again
It's just a jump to the left
And then a step to the right

7 hours ago, Ty Tan Tu said:

It's astounding;
Time is fleeting;
Madness takes its toll
But listen closely...
Not for very much longer
I've got to keep control
I remember doing the time-warp
Drinking those moments when
The Blackness would hit me
And the void would be calling...
It's just a jump to the left
And then a step to the right

I'm shivering with antici...

...pation for 1.4.3. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.