Binary Aerospace

I hope Geneemy and Wenmore get decent health insurance! ;) looking forward to your planes- I myself am building some right now! Also excited for the Meteors, will they be 1.25m or 2.5m or a mix of both?

I was thinking about setting up a 'mission report' company when I finish off my craft. Would you be down for that?

On 5/12/2018 at 4:41 AM, SiriusRocketry said:

I hope Geneemy and Wenmore get decent health insurance! ;) looking forward to your planes- I myself am building some right now! Also excited for the Meteors, will they be 1.25m or 2.5m or a mix of both?

I was thinking about setting up a 'mission report' company when I finish off my craft. Would you be down for that?

Ahahah LOL they better have to since I will not pay for them! 

They Meteors will be the made with new 1.875m parts, so a middleground between 1.25 and 2.5. I hope to get some screens during this week, as having rebased to 1.4.3 I need to prepare the visual mods yet.

Sounds interesting! Can you explain more? Not sure to understand very well what do you mean with Mission Report

Newsfeed - May 16th 2018

Welcome back for a new update!
Today we will finally show you some images taken directly by our currently in development projects.

V7tMIXt.jpgnpBl0ep.jpgPPjNMih.jpg

Let's start with the Space Division! We're in fact moving very fast, the prototype of the K-1 Pegasus is in its final testing phase before qualification, we put it on hold because we felt that the Comet IV, the launcher used to put it in orbit, gave us not enough spare Delta-V, hence we chose to rely on the in development Meteor rockets.
The Meteor family prototypes are fully completed, and they are all awaiting the qualification phase. Along the three variant, L, M and H, we decided to ship the I variant (Interstellar) that combines a Meteor-H launcher plus the upper stage of the Comet II/III/IV (the S-CHS+ stage) that allow probes up to 3 ton to perform planetary transfers.
The Meteor family was conceived to have a slighter certified mass for an improved endurance, in fact each vessel has more than 1,000 of remaining available Delta-V when reaching LKO.
In total, we performed 7 tests, having only 1 failure and 2 partial successes (due to an initial non-optimal maneuverability that hampened gravity turn efficiency).

The Jet Laboratories on the other hand are approaching the 11th test on the Horizon program, so far only the C-100 cargo and C-120 airliner were tested but acceptable results were achieved only on the last test. The main issue with these airplane development was related to a very unresponsive pitch capability, added to an overestimated thrust output by the engines (that are shared amongst the two planes). 
We however managed to finally achieve optimal results with the last design of the C-120, and its frame will be adapted for the C-100. So after a pretty troublesome initial phase, seems now that we reached the turning point and we can proceed full speed.

Last but absolutely not least, the Skunkworks are finally at the last phases of the Summit program, having successfully converted and tested the experimental X-6 into the marketable S-6 and the stunning image that we posted above shows the vessel in orbit performing system testing. The Centaur is the first spaceplane produced by Binary Aerospace. It has limited capability in terms of payload (need to be certified the maximum yet), but the performance are above the expected results, especially during the reentry. Our both unmanned and manned test in landing back at the KSC runway were executed flawlessly, and a reentry profile with an angle of attack of more than 45° allowed for a very safe and quick heat dissipation.

That's all for now, thank you for reading and have a wonderful day!

cJTc9Pl.jpg

CEO notes

I finally sorted out the issue with the airliners. The problem was twice, first the mass too big for the engine and the wingspan, and the CoM too inline with major control surfaces. In the end ensuring that the pitch was on the tail wings and reducing from 4 to 3 the crew cabins allowed me to complete the C-120. 
The C-100 will be then a cakewalk since cargo bays are lighter.
I also managed to update my secondary KSP installation with visual mods. I moved from EVE Stock Visual Enhancement and Stock Visual Terrain to a combination of EVE, Astronomer's Pack, textures from KSPRC, 43k clouds and a tweaked configuration of KS3P, that adds post processing effects (plus scatterer, planetshine, smokescreen, realplume and kopernikus). The tweaks toned down the effects, especially on the color side since it will made the ambient too dark. To be honest I'm very very happy about the outcome and the images shows how beautiful can KSP became if tweked a bit!
Oh! And I made the first spaceplane that fully satisfied my goal, first time for me in years of KSP!

On 5/16/2018 at 9:17 PM, SiriusRocketry said:

@rawghi so glad you made your first space plane (I'm still getting there myself(

Can't wait to see the Pegasus! 

Thank you buddy!

I'm progressing a little slow these days due to RL activities, but I'm getting there! Surely having nearly finishing the Meteors allows me then to focus on the Pegasus!

I hope so! Running a bit late these days at work so my time is very thin! I will probably publish the spaceplane plus some images of the Pegasus as I remember you were curious of it! 

5 hours ago, rawghi said:

I hope so! Running a bit late these days at work so my time is very thin! I will probably publish the spaceplane plus some images of the Pegasus as I remember you were curious of it! 

Awesome, cheers! Can't wait to see them!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.