[MAC] Launch Pad, a Mod Manager for macOS

launchpad.gif

Launch Pad is a CKAN Client written for macOS. It allows you to download and install mods for Kerbal Space Program, including dependencies. If you play KSP on a Mac, and find it hard to use the official CKAN application using monodevelop, give Launch Pad a try! 

The app is still being developed, so while you can install most mods with it, you can't upgrade them right now.

The app uses the original CKAN Metadata Repository, so all mods that are available on CKAN are also available in here. 

I'd LOVE for some adventurous Mac users to try it out and leave feedback though. 

Before trying out Launch Pad, I'd recommend creating a backup of your KSP directory, simply because it's still alpha software. If you have any question regarding how to install and use the app, please feel free to ask :)

screenshot.png

Edited by breakthesystem

• 2 weeks later...

I have switched to windows a while ago, but I used to run CKAN on mac OS X and know how hard it can be, very glad to see someone other there trying to make it better for the mac people! :) 

• 11 months later...
On 4/1/2019 at 7:28 PM, batuchoux said:

I can't find my Steam folder when i use Launch Pad. How can i find it ?

I found this youtube video about how to open your steam library in Finder. Once you have that, you can drag the folder from finder into the "Open Folder" dialog from Launch Pad. 

Wow this is a bit complicated, but macOS security principles make it hard to make this more user friendly (your Mac doesn't want any app to have access to the whole file system, so you have to pick a folder where it may play first) 

On 4/2/2019 at 12:28 AM, DeltaDizzy said:

Woah! As a windows user, this almost makes me wish I had a Mac. Just the fact it gives you a picture is almost too much to handle by itself. It just makes normal CKAN look so outdated.

Thanks a lot! <3

• 2 weeks later...

I love your project!

Don't take the following too harshly. They're ideas/suggestions:

• I'm using Mojave's dark mode so part of the color scheme changes, but not all. The result has a lot of contrast.
  • Would it be possible to scan the CKAN's database to import the list of installed mods? I installed some using the stock CKAN command (GUI/command line/console UI) and don't want to have to do it again.

I'll stop by the GitHub repo.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.