Menecroth's Worthless Junk, Inc. Large ASAS/SAS modules.

Menecroth

Menecroth's Worthless Junk, Inc. is proud to present:

... Two Parts!

After many failed rocket launches... and quite a lot of litigation, MWJ engineers realized that rockets might actually work better if they didn't spin wildly out of control and fly, nose first, into the ground. And thus, after many weeks of research and one late night visit to the competitions offices, our engineers have managed to produce two brand, shiney-new parts.

These are: 1) An A.S.A.S module to fit the larger, two meter rocket parts and 2) An S.A.S module that does the same.

These are also shorter in stature so as to facilitate the building of rockets that aren't 75,000 meters tall.

Here are some pictures for your amusement.

This is a picture of the two parts:

OPZ65.jpg

This is a picture of both of them stuck together:

l4uMX.jpg

This is a picture of my cat:

XXZS6.jpg

And here is the DOWNLOAD link:

http://www./download.php?ze54saxyxsvho85

Warning: Do not j e ... y3R.. k5 .... as this may cause loss of life or limb. Also, you should really never nM42... lpr.. I...4 an entire sea-bass! Your mouth just isn't meant to 7b .. dplq .. .. uuEu ... 5986251... thirty or forty pounds of cheese.

Seriously. Don't do it.

P.S. Please direct all questions,comments, criticisms, insults, observations or insinuations of my questionable parentage to:

Menecroth's Worthless Junk, Inc.

1523 Aardvark St. Suite 60

West Bug-Shoe, Nevada

...Or just reply to this thread.

Edited by Menecroth
Moved images to imgur

mediafire is a poor solution for image hosting, esp for the preview pics. try something like imgur, or one that lets you embed the pics. unfortunately, this forum doesn't have an easy button/list to show the available BBcode tags, but it's [ img ] pictureURL [ /img ]

@Hyrtel- Actually if you scroll down to the bottom of the page there is a list of quick links to bb codes, smilies and examples on how to use them.

On topic: thanks for slimming these bad boys down.

Is your cat going to be a future release? If so, will it have mechjeb functionality? :D

Hyratel

mediafire is a poor solution for image hosting, esp for the preview pics. try something like imgur, or one that lets you embed the pics

Thank you for the advice! I'm not forum savvy and don't know squat about file hosts and stuff.

Is your cat going to be a future release? If so, will it have mechjeb functionality?

The cat is fully compatible with mechjeb but I'm having trouble with the fur AI and the whisker interface has a lot of bugs. Also, the ears just act like air brakes. Seriously, they're just big scoops. ;)

Sir, I have installed your excellent parts and I wish to report that after several violent (edit: and very exciting) explosions, I am still unable to get a rocket into orbit, but at least it explodes in a nice straight line.

Also, about the thirty or forty pounds of cheese -- high-fiber cereal seems to be helping and I have done a fair job of stitching my ruptured eardrum together.

As for the parents, I often question them as well. "Can you please send more monies?"

lol@that, your bro

Edited by Max Grant

Sir, I have installed your excellent parts and I wish to report that after several violent (edit: and very exciting) explosions, I am still unable to get a rocket into orbit, but at least it explodes in a nice straight line.

Dearest elder brother,

I am sorry if my parts have caused your attempts at orbital flight to fail, but I'm glad they kept those wayward, unruly explosions in line. It is also good that I was able to irritate you without even really intending to, as I am contractually obligated to do so. ÂÂMy "brother irritation duties" have become difficult of late due to the rather large geographical distance between us. In the future, if there is anything else I can do to further the cause of being an Irritating Little Brotherâ„¢, please let me know and I shall endeavor to produce something as soon as is humanly possible.

Sincerely,

Menecroth

Member, in good standing, of Local 5 of the Little Brother's Union.

Oh, the parts work great, and are not why my rockets explode. My rockets explode because i design and fly them poorly. I think what is going on is I'm applying far too much thrust and when the atmo drag fades off the resulting sudden acceleration just asplodes it all sideways. That, and after too many struts added to keep things rigid, my CPU slows to a pathetic crawl and I get irritated and close the game.

It is very nice to have a properly-sized ASAS module for them, as my piloting and keeping-things-straight skills suck ferociously.

Ok, using Menecroth's worthless junk ASAS module, I have now actually made it to the Mun.

screenshot6-1.png

I knew you'd be good at this stuff!

Now, I think I have to like work tomorrow or something. Geez.

Edited by Max Grant

That cat looks a lot like my cat, if you reverse it's colors.

Nice mod though! I have always hated not having enough SAS in the larger rockets!

Glad I could help! I honestly wasn't even going to upload this as I thought it was too simple but it seems to have come in handy for at least some people. Also, your cat sounds cool. :)

Ok, using Menecroth's worthless junk ASAS module, I have now actually made it to the Mun.

Again, glad I could help!

Now, I think I have to like work tomorrow or something. Geez.

Eww gross creepy no! Hopefully they won't tighten the thumb screws too much on you, or put you on the rack quite as often. ...Oh yeah... do they still stick you in the iron maiden from time to time? Just curious, really.

No Iron Maiden, though now that you mention it, I think I'll have to rip Piece of Mind to listen to while I am chained to my powershell console.

Also, I made it to Minmus last night, again with the invaluable help of your ASAS parts, but unfortunately Jeb got all upside-down and had to back into the command module.

screenshot62-1.png

Plus, I learned that Kerbals are not indestructible little people after all, as in don't jump quite so high up and then try to land without any fuel in your jetpack. Don't do it.

Unless you really wanna, of course!

Edited by Max Grant

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.