[KSP 1.4.4] SimpleConstruction (new thread) - Stock rocket building (Version 4.0.1 - 2018-06-24)

Ericwi

On 7/18/2018 at 5:08 PM, Ericwi said:

Good News!  Not so simple construction just needs to be updated to the new EL. But wait, there's more! It's an orphaned mod ready for someone to take it over.

I found the problem.

You have to go to Gamedata/NSSC/Patches/SurveyStation.cfg and change the word file to read "name = ELSurveyStation" instead of the ExSurveryStation. This was also mentioned previously by @scottadges

??? I cant seem to get a productivity rating out of any of the parts. iv checked every guide and post in this and the old thread and....im doing every thign I should. I have kerbals in pods that have productivity ratings but always have a rating of 0....do I need engs? do pilots and sic not work?

1 hour ago, wenth said:

??? I cant seem to get a productivity rating out of any of the parts. iv checked every guide and post in this and the old thread and....im doing every thign I should. I have kerbals in pods that have productivity ratings but always have a rating of 0....do I need engs? do pilots and sic not work?

yes. the answer was yes you need an eng

Edited by wenth

• 4 weeks later...

Since EL is updated to 1.4.5, is this mod all set too if I just copy the new EL .dll into this mod?

Nevermind, @Ericwi, there is no actual release to download at your Github link....there's just source code....

Is this an oversight or is this mod orphaned again?

Edited by JoE Smash

2 hours ago, JoE Smash said:

Since EL is updated to 1.4.5, is this mod all set too if I just copy the new EL .dll into this mod?

Nevermind, @Ericwi, there is no actual release to download at your Github link....there's just source code....

Is this an oversight or is this mod orphaned again?

There isn't really any source code. All this "mod" contains is some module manager config files and EL's dll

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have downloaded the last version of this mod from GitHub... always the productivity is 0 and color red.... What am I doing wrong.??? I have enough mineral, rocket parts, a lab, the docking port, electric charge and Bill and Bob onboard... I put into Build mode and it doesn't start printing even a little probe...

I used this mod a long time ago, at the time of version 1.1 of the game, but now I can't make it work... Any help please?

Edited by KingeOrge

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I managed to get this working in 1.5.1. All it takes is replacing the EL all with the newest one and editing a config file. Namely, the module ExLaunchpad has been renamed to ELLaunchpad and needs to be changed in SimpleConstruction's  DockingPort.cfg config.

On 11/8/2018 at 2:37 PM, PhaserArray said:

I managed to get this working in 1.5.1. All it takes is replacing the EL all with the newest one and editing a config file. Namely, the module ExLaunchpad has been renamed to ELLaunchpad and needs to be changed in SimpleConstruction's  DockingPort.cfg config.

Hi , I notice that in DockingPort.cfg  the module is already named ELLaunchpad in the 1.4.4 version of Simple Construction.

3 hours ago, thetaprime said:

Hi , I notice that in DockingPort.cfg  the module is already named ELLaunchpad in the 1.4.4 version of Simple Construction.

Ah, I see the problem. It looks like I have an out of date version of the mod as I installed it via CKAN.

• 2 months later...

Hi there, thought I'd ask about the 1.5.1 fix listed above to make the Simple Construction MM configs work with the latest updated EL. Is that still working OK in 1.6.x?

I was about to start installing/troubleshooting, so I thought I'd save some time and get any info from this thread. 

Appreciate everyone who's still working with this mod!

• 3 months later...

I thought I'd update this thread per my earlier comment RE: SC working in later versions of KSP along with EL updates.

I've successfully gotten SC to work in KSP 1.7 by downloading SC via CKAN and also the later version of EL (which still isn't completely updated for 1.6/1.7), and then replacing the dll for EL in Simple Construction with the newer version.

So basically, you're using Simple Construction's configs, etc. but then overwriting the "Launchpad.dll" under KSP/GameData/SimpleConstruction/Plugins with the newer EL file.

You also need to have the EL folder in GameData for the textures under KSP/GameData/ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads/Textures. It should be installed when you install SC via CKAN, or if you're doing it manually you need that as well.

I successfully built a ship in orbit when I tested it. The ship functioned properly and I didn't see any problems. I did have to add InterstellarFuelSwitch in order to change Ore tank contents to Metal and RocketParts. Not sure, but default Simple Construction didn't allow me to add parts containing those resources, but the resources were/are available in game. If that makes sense.

Anyway, this is a pretty old thread. But hopefully future generations will see this and be able to get it to work! :)

Edited by scottadges

7 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

don't forget the whole ex/el thing. :) or has that been fixed in ckan version of SC?

I think that was fixed in the later/latest EL version. I didn't have to do anything with that and when I checked some of the CFG files they had it the right way 'round.

Edited by scottadges

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/13/2019 at 2:05 PM, scottadges said:

I think that was fixed in the later/latest EL version. I didn't have to do anything with that and when I checked some of the CFG files they had it the right way 'round.

is this for the recent update or is this discontinued? Don't wanna sound rude or anything fyi

On 5/13/2019 at 2:05 PM, scottadges said:

no what I mean is if the mod is updated to 1.7.1 as the forum says 1.4.4

20 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

no what I mean is if the mod is updated to 1.7.1 as the forum says 1.4.4

Ah, yah no it's not officially updated to 1.7.1 as far as I know.

But at least for me, it does work if you use the most recently-updated ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads DLL (which itself isn't updated to KSP 1.7.1 either, but it still works) swapped out with the 1.4.4 SimpleConstruction files which you can download from CKAN or the repositories.

Also, I'm not affiliated with the mod in any way, I'm just an avid long-time, non-coding user who it seems to work for! :)

• 2 weeks later...

FYI I posted this in the EL thread too, but it seems there is an issue with EL and KAS. In the video you will see me testing a base with Simple Construction. When the KAS Joint Sockets (or other KAS parts) are attached to the base the UI for EL stops working after selecting a craft. Then if I remove and reattach the KAS part it works:

OOPS I posted this in the wrong thread earlier:

I have been using this in 1.7.1 with the latest dll from ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads without any issues so far.

I created a resource switch for SC using SimpleFuelSwitch because I do not use Interstellar Fuel Switch (IFS).

Here is it if anyone would like it... it only changes the Small Holding Tank, but it can be easily modified to change other tanks, or all the ore tanks.

Spoiler

// Simple Construction, metal and rocket parts switch for Small Holding Tank.
@PART[SmallTank]:FOR[SimpleFuelSwitch]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleSimpleFuelSwitch
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleSwitchableResources
        resourcesId = Ore_only
        displayName = Ore
        selectorFieldName = Ore
        isDefault = true
        RESOURCE
        {
            name = Ore
            amount = 0
            maxAmount = 300
        }
    }

MODULE
    {
        resourcesId = OnlyMetal
        displayName = Metal
        selectorFieldName = Metal
        RESOURCE
        {
            name = Metal
            amount = 0
            maxAmount = 600
        }
    }

MODULE
    {
        resourcesId = OnlyRocketParts
        displayName = RocketParts
        selectorFieldName = RocketParts
        RESOURCE
        {
            name = RocketParts
            amount = 0
            maxAmount = 600
        }
    }

MODULE
    {
        resourcesId = Metal_RocketParts
        displayName = Metal and RocketParts
        selectorFieldName = Metal and RocketParts
        RESOURCE
        {
            name = Metal
            amount = 0
            maxAmount = 300
        }
        RESOURCE
        {
            name = RocketParts
            amount = 0
            maxAmount = 300
        }
    }

-RESOURCE[Ore] {}
    -RESOURCE[Metal] {}
    -RESOURCE[RocketParts] {}
}

Hey, I'm trying out this mod in 1.7.2 with both DLC's, and it appears that whenever I finalize my builds in orbit, the orbital velocity for both the constructed vessel and the station/shipyard I am constructing from drop to near 0 for some reason, dropping them into a sub-orbital trajectory. It should be noted that I am using the cheat menu to put the shipyard/station into orbit in order to test the station before sending it up normally and am using the EL launchpad dll plugin.

Here is the log file

*EDIT*

I have looked into the log file, and have noticed a series of log entries that appear when loading a vessel from the shipyard/station, all of them saying that "dT is NaN! tA: NaN, E: NaN, M: NaN, T: NaN". It then goes on to state where this is occuring, most commonly at "System.Environment.get_StackTrace()", "Orbit.GetDTforTrueAnomaly(Double tA, Double wrapAfterSeconds)", and "PatchedConicSolver.Update()". 

Perhaps this might give some insight into what is happening.

Edited by Greymangames

• 3 weeks later...

Does this work with 1.7.3? I have got a 'Productivity 0' and a build time of '0% and 0s'. There is nothing on the K&K PBS pad and the K&K hab is filled with 5-star engineers, yet the productivity is still 0.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.