[KSP 1.4.4] SimpleConstruction (new thread) - Stock rocket building (Version 4.0.1 - 2018-06-24)

Ericwi

I replaced the launchpad.dll and EL version with the updated ones from the main extraplanetary launchpads mod and it seems to work without issue. If someone does pick up this orphaned mod, it'll probably be pretty straight-forward to officially fix up!

• 1 month later...
On 8/17/2019 at 10:42 PM, nubeees said:

I replaced the launchpad.dll and EL version with the updated ones from the main extraplanetary launchpads mod and it seems to work without issue. If someone does pick up this orphaned mod, it'll probably be pretty straight-forward to officially fix up!

I've done the same, but using EL 6.4 when running on KSP 1.7.0 - it was working flawlessly.

Now I've upgraded to KSP 1.7.3 and the main problem I'm seeing is "Productivity: 0" in this version of KSP,  whereas in 1.7.0 on the same craft it was be "Productivity: 23"

So I think I need to update the EL DLL to the 6.6.x version which is supposed to run against KSP 1.7.3, but I can't see if there would be any issues. 

UPDATE: Yup, that did it. I downloaded the updated DL "Launchpad.dll" and swapped it out for the previous 6.4 version. Checked my craft, and now back to "Productivity: 23". I'll report back if I run into any actual construction problems!

UPDATE 2: After posting this, I see @nubeees did the same thing I did, several posts above mine (didn’t see it originally)

Edited by scottadges

On 7/12/2019 at 1:29 PM, fulgur said:

Does this work with 1.7.3? I have got a 'Productivity 0' and a build time of '0% and 0s'. There is nothing on the K&K PBS pad and the K&K hab is filled with 5-star engineers, yet the productivity is still 0.

A few months later than your post, not sure if you’re still playing / running into issues. I had the same “Productivity 0” problem and all it took was updating “Launchpad.dll” in the SC folder with the newer DLL file from the EL 6.6.1 download. Hope that helps!

Edited by scottadges

• 1 month later...

I wanted to post here something I noticed after getting considerable spam related to "ExSurveySkill" and "ExConstructionSkill"

A while back, ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads changed from using the 'Ex' preface to using 'EL' in its DLL. But the SC configs in many places were referencing 'Ex'. This was later changed.

But it looks like the 'ExperienceTraits.cfg' is still referencing "ExSurveySkill" and "ExConstructionSkill".

It's located in: GameData/SimpleConstruction/Patches/EL/ExperienceTraits.cfg

After changing 'Ex' to 'EL' in the relevant effects, it should look like this: 

@EXPERIENCE_TRAIT[Pilot] {
    EFFECT {
        name = ELSurveySkill
    }
}

@EXPERIENCE_TRAIT[Engineer] {
    EFFECT {
        name = ELConstructionSkill
    }
}

I'm going to test it now to see if I'm still getting this logspam.

I've got a support question thread here:

UPDATE: So far so good! I'm not seeing the logspam from the initial load or when loading craft in flight. Fingers crossed it still holds, but looks like that's resolved!

Edited by scottadges

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.