[WIP][1.6.0] Integrated Phoenix Industries - Space Tug [v0.03]

So I have a curiosity question.   What parts are "Missing" for the Tug version these parts are for?   I know the Mun-base parts are going to be a part of this pack as well so I get that But I am wondering what, if any additional Tug parts are needed to complete the "basic" of this mod?

4 minutes ago, Barzon Kerman said:

I dont think any more are needed?

I know some of the documents called for a minature NERVA to power the tug and others had other modules (solar module, etc.)    I am just wondering what else Orbital_Phoenix wants/thinks should be done....

• 4 weeks later...

I hope development is going well, I have run into a certain conflict, however. When paired with cryo engines/tanks the mod seems to conflict with the configs it has set up when bdb is installed as well, so cryotanks overrides the current values the bdb patch has for LH2 with its own set of values. I wonder if there is/will be a fix for this.

Development has been slow because of IRL work and my holiday to New York I've just returned from, but now ready to start cracking back on with the next parts for the mod.

On 4/13/2019 at 10:26 PM, Pappystein said:

So I have a curiosity question.   What parts are "Missing" for the Tug version these parts are for?   I know the Mun-base parts are going to be a part of this pack as well so I get that But I am wondering what, if any additional Tug parts are needed to complete the "basic" of this mod?

Not much now really now, I would say the cargo modules, robotic arms, IVA and attachment rings would complete the basic part list.

On 5/7/2019 at 1:20 AM, Jay The Amazing Toaster said:

I hope development is going well, I have run into a certain conflict, however. When paired with cryo engines/tanks the mod seems to conflict with the configs it has set up when bdb is installed as well, so cryotanks overrides the current values the bdb patch has for LH2 with its own set of values. I wonder if there is/will be a fix for this.

Hmm I will check this out and see what's going on.

5 hours ago, Orbital_phoenix said:

Hmm I will check this out and see what's going on.

IIRC the current way you have tank-age done you are just slapping BDB style Hydrolox into your cfgs without any other check.     Cryotanks edits the files, then Integrated Phoenix edits the edited file because it is lower in the alphabet.  You have the BDB Hydrolox value but now a useless setting for Cryotanks also in the file... which tends to break things.  

Short version, you are going to have to decide if you want to add a full fuel switch into your mod or allow any fuel switch to take over (aka reject all the fuel switches except your preferred.)      While I am toying around with a plug in friendly fuel switch (mod agnostic) it is not ready nor am I an expert on it.  

In the interim (because I don't know if I will ever release my experimental Frankenstein fuel switch) you will need to write a more robust fuel patch for the tanks that either follows BDB's process more exactly or alternatively re-applies the patch AFTER the last step of Cryotanks and WBI-FuelSwitch and Realfuels etc....

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/19/2019 at 10:07 PM, MajorLeaugeRocketScience said:

Is this mod still in active development?

I don't think @Orbital_phoenix Is doing as much playing as he was last year.  He seems to be on forums less and less (Real Life plus new software.)   He was last on 10 days before your post.  So time will tell I guess.

I am using the parts in my current play-through so there is nothing BREAKING in the files with the newer KSP versions however.  

• 11 months later...
On 12/21/2020 at 12:20 PM, Kerb Your Enthusiasm said:

Any chance this could be updated at some point? I'm a big fan of the original Integrated Program Plan, and would love to play around with this in KSP 1.11

I've tried to make similar looking tugs with stock parts, but obviously does't come close to the real thing, and this honestly looks incredible.

Is there a need for an Update? It`s just an partmod so it should work. Last I used it in 1.9.x and it works.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I really love this mod! I know its been inactive, but just wanted to let you know incase you still read this thread. Really loving the quality of the parts and they make my post-Apollo game a lot of fun!

• 5 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Probus said:

These are some nice parts! Anyone already tried them with 1.11.2?

The mod works fine in 1.11.2, and for the most part part mods will work on the current version even if they are pre 1.8.

• 3 months later...
22 minutes ago, chaos113 said:

did this mod die?

It seems development stopped, but it worked in 1.11.2 then it probably still works for 1.12.2.

I would think that given the last update was on 2019 development stopped, but the mod author is still active so they maybe had other things to do with the time.

Your ping showed me the mod which i hadn't seen before... it does look cool.  I'll download when I can!

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.