How to activate Kerbonaut personal parachute?

1 hour ago, Pawelk198604 said:

Why does Jeb personal chute doesn't work, how to activate it?

Moving to Gameplay Questions.

Sorry, can't really use your video-- it's 20 minutes long, not going to watch the whole thing.  If you have something in there that's relevant to your question, perhaps you could say exactly at what time during the video the relevant thing happens.

Anyway:  The "P" key will activate, or you can right-click on the EVA kerbal to deploy the chute.

Note that the chute won't deploy if you've got EVA thrusters turned on, so hit R key to deactivate thrusters if they're turned on.

Also, if you're playing in career mode, be aware that kerbals don't get an EVA chute until (I think) level 3.

6 minutes ago, Snark said:

Moving to Gameplay Questions.

Sorry, can't really use your video-- it's 20 minutes long, not going to watch the whole thing.  If you have something in there that's relevant to your question, perhaps you could say exactly at what time during the video the relevant thing happens.

Anyway:  The "P" key will activate, or you can right-click on the EVA kerbal to deploy the chute.

Note that the chute won't deploy if you've got EVA thrusters turned on, so hit R key to deactivate thrusters if they're turned on.

Also, if you're playing in career mode, be aware that kerbals don't get an EVA chute until (I think) level 3.

18 minute, sorry :-(

Level 3 what a stupid idea!

2 hours ago, Pawelk198604 said:

Level 3 what a stupid idea!

It seems a little steep to me, too-- personally, I would have suggested that pilots get them at level 0 and other kerbals at level 1 or 2.

If you've got an opinion on the matter, you could always post it over in Suggestions.  :wink:

51 minutes ago, Snark said:

It seems a little steep to me, too-- personally, I would have suggested that pilots get them at level 0 and other kerbals at level 1 or 2.

If you've got an opinion on the matter, you could always post it over in Suggestions.  :wink:

Wait..... I thought you were the one in charge, sitting on your throne with @Vanamonde whispering evil plots into your ear.  Aren't @Darth Badie, @TriggerAu, and @JPLRepo your little marionettes??

Edited by Gargamel
Sorry been up for 30 some hours... getting weird.

17 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Wait..... I thought you were the one in charge, sitting on your throne with @Vanamonde whispering evil plots into your ear.  Aren't @Darth Badie, @TriggerAu, and @JPLRepo your little marionettes??

Well, given that TriggerAu and JPLRepo are among the good people who are kind enough to bring us KSP, and Badie's the community lead, and Vanamonde is Global Moderator, you've pretty much got the hierarchy precisely reversed.  :wink:

2 minutes ago, Snark said:

Well, given that TriggerAu and JPLRepo are among the good people who are kind enough to bring us KSP, and Badie's the community lead, and Vanamonde is Global Moderator, you've pretty much got the hierarchy precisely reversed.  :wink:

That was kinda the joke.   It just seems the higher up that ladder you go, the quieter they get.  :)

1 hour ago, bewing said:

Surnames are not randomized or selectable. The only one actually available in any language is Kerman.

Right. Perhaps, I should sleep more :)

6 hours ago, Ser said:

Oh my god, Yuri Jebarin.... @SQUAD, please, include that surname in your generated names filter as it sounds kinda rude in Russian.

Not only Russian @Ser :wink:   I laughed so hard when i get mission to put "Jebnik 1" space satellite  in "making history" predefined missions :D   

11 minutes ago, Lego_Prodigy said:

Don't forget to set your chute deploy altitude to the appropriate level, as it is preset to 1000 and I'm not sure how many people will enjoy falling and potentially spagettiing the kerbal before his chute deploys.

Ouch!  I've only tried testing it once, and I thought I deployed it far too early (which might have been only and extra 1000m) and found it quite boring waiting for the kerbal to get low enough to start the landing sequence (I did get plenty of flare practice in before landing).

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

Is there a way to un-bind the "p" key, or reassign it to another key? I use it for other functions and sometimes that causes confusion.

I just checked in version 1.7.0 -- in Main Settings/Input/Kerbals, at the bottom of "Character Controls", P is available for reassignment. I haven't checked back to previous versions but I'd be pretty sure it's in 1.6 also.

48 minutes ago, bewing said:

I just checked in version 1.7.0 -- in Main Settings/Input/Kerbals, at the bottom of "Character Controls", P is available for reassignment. I haven't checked back to previous versions but I'd be pretty sure it's in 1.6 also.

Ok thanks I'll check again. I looked there before and saw nothing, maybe I didnt look right!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.