[1.9.x] DockSafe - docking safety override system (new maintainer) - 1.1 19/02/2020

severedsolo

I've taken this over from @RealGecko with his permission. At the moment I've made no changes but to recompile it against the latest version of KSP, but if you do know of any bugs/have a feature request get in touch. (I gave it a quick test and couldn't see anything obvious before I released).

I bet many of you are familiar with this situation - you come up to your shiny new Space Station, line up to dock, and all of a sudden, your finger slips, and presses the "Z" key, smashing your station into pieces.

Moral: shut down your engines!

RpJUPQp.png

And this is where DockSafe comes into action. It shutdowns all your liquid fuel and atomic engines and disables right click menu "Activate" button, untill DockSafe is deactivated. DockSafe also starts automagically when you target docking port and will remain active until you change or disable your targeting.

Download from Space Dock

Source Code On Github

License

That's it for now, have fun and ... dock safe :D

Edited by severedsolo

• 3 months later...

I'm having a problem.  Docksafe will not release the lockout on my craft after un docking.  I've tried with stock and modded engines.  Tryed when there's no target selected, a different station in orbit is set as target, and with kerbin and both mun and minmus selected.  I've even managed to land on kerbin with only monoprop engines, and still the lfo engine is locked.  Logs don't show a bloody thing, and the engines right click menu shows status as "off.". Clicking the docksafe toolbar button does nothing as it instantly reactivates.  Removing docksafe is the only way to get the lfo engine to reactivate.

@Ford6 - the engine won't reactivate itself, it just removes the lock and gives you the option to reactivate them. Once the lock has been released, you can reactivate the engines manually (right click>activate engine)

This is the way RealGecko designed it, although admittedly I don't much like it either. I can see why it was done, the mod doesn't save any data, and therefore has no way of knowing whether a deactivated engine is supposed to be reactivated or not.

Edited by severedsolo

• 5 months later...
11 hours ago, severedsolo said:

It is yes, it just hasn't needed any updates since 1.4

Well, at the least you might update the version number so people know it'll work in 1.6.1. It'll also keep the thread alive instead of the moderators saying it's old and dead.

• 1 year later...

Begone old thread tag!

Sorry this has taken so long, I promise I will try to keep this more updated in the future:

DockSafe 1.1 Released

• Recompile against KSP 1.9 / .net 4.8
  • Engines will now attempt to reactivate when the docking override is turned off.

12 minutes ago, vardicd said:

Here I am with my PC-RAM crying for mercy and I just keep finding more mods I need. Hope those PC upgrade parts I ordered get here soon.

Don't worry this should be very RAM light - it's just a super simple script, it doesn't even save any data.

5 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

Don't worry this should be very RAM light - it's just a super simple script, it doesn't even save any data.

yeah I figured this one wouldn't be much, but I have other mods that are killing me. I'm getting performance stutter just sitting idle on the runway. I upgraded my PC motherboard last year, got a better processor and  went from almost 12 year old 24 gigs of ram to 16 gigs of newer 'faster' ram but with the total less than what i had before, i've noticed lower performance from KSP eversince tax return this year finally gave me enough spare money laying around I could order more, so I'm hoping that alleviates my performance problems.

Edited by vardicd

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.