[1.3.1][1.4.4][v0.5.6b] History of Spaceflight - Contract Pack for Stock/RSS/RP-0/RP-1

Frylovespi

1 hour ago, Bartt said:

Today Im installed the mod, and i have a problem. Contracts dont loading. 

ScreenShots: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XoS5-fO94eK8f1oHHJ_YKKjJ4UDGRMv_?usp=sharing

Hi @Bartt , I have a few questions, first the simple stuff:

do you have the latest contract configurator installed and module manager? it looks like you may not have contract configurator installed.

What other contract packs do you have? if you have Contract Pack : historical Progression or Contract Pack : historic Missions, they are currently in-compatible (they don't work with this contract pack).

If you have Kerbalism installed, it dose not work with contract configuator.

Finally, if that dose not work out, can you post a screenshot of your gamedata folder, and contract packs folder and post your log which is in the main folder and is named ksp.log (you may need to post it in pastebin and share it as a link).

Edited by betony1

On 4/30/2018 at 12:58 PM, Frylovespi said:

Great. I was away for the weekend and just came back. Glad you got that sorted and thanks for the info on compatibility with other historic packs. I was about to try out historical progression to see what it would take to resurrect it. I'll make sure to remove my mod first then. Thanks and sorry about the late reply.

how are you doing with that? i tried it a few months ago and got stuck with an error during the Apollo missions, but had no time to fix it. It was one of the reasons why i initially tried to run all three of the historic packs, to see if i could fix it, and maybe try to make an extremely basic "kerballed" pack, using idea's from each of the packs, and making basic missions to space, moons and eventually all the planets. It wouldn't be based on real missions, but it would be a crewed mission pack.

On 5/2/2018 at 1:24 PM, betony1 said:

how are you doing with that? i tried it a few months ago and got stuck with an error during the Apollo missions, but had no time to fix it. It was one of the reasons why i initially tried to run all three of the historic packs, to see if i could fix it, and maybe try to make an extremely basic "kerballed" pack, using idea's from each of the packs, and making basic missions to space, moons and eventually all the planets. It wouldn't be based on real missions, but it would be a crewed mission pack.

Well I haven't started that. Just got the call that there is an operating room ready for me and will be going for a surgery. I will be afk for the next several weeks. I may take a peak at those contracts while recovering though. I'm going to try to get another version of this released before that but my time is extremely limited at the moment and until the surgery. I will try to pop in every few days if I can to help people if needed and answer any questions.

1 hour ago, Frylovespi said:

Well I haven't started that. Just got the call that there is an operating room ready for me and will be going for a surgery. I will be afk for the next several weeks. I may take a peak at those contracts while recovering though. I'm going to try to get another version of this released before that but my time is extremely limited at the moment and until the surgery. I will try to pop in every few days if I can to help people if needed and answer any questions.

Congratulations! i hope the surgery goes well! I'll help out here as much as possible myself.

• 1 month later...

Hello @Frylovespi. Just wanted to say that I love your Mod and I hope that one day, maybe, you could do the rest of the missions to present day. :D 
But I also have to report a problem with a sequence of missions that we have to finish in order to unlock the "Explorer-6" mission.
So to unlock the "Explorer-6" mission we need the "Vanguard-SLV-6" mission;
and the "Vanguard-SLV-6" needs "Pioneer-4";
and "Pioneer-4" needs "Luna-1";
and "Luna-1" needs "Pioneer-P-3";
and"Pioneer-P-3" needs "Explorer-7";
and"Explorer-7" needs "Explorer-7X";
But "Explorer-7X" needs "Explorer-6"!!!???
I know, due to the last posts, that you don't have the time for this right now, but i just want to leave this information here ;) 

Hope that the surgery went ok and hope for fast and full recovery.  ;) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2018 at 1:33 PM, PmThay said:

Hello @Frylovespi. Just wanted to say that I love your Mod and I hope that one day, maybe, you could do the rest of the missions to present day. :D 
But I also have to report a problem with a sequence of missions that we have to finish in order to unlock the "Explorer-6" mission.
So to unlock the "Explorer-6" mission we need the "Vanguard-SLV-6" mission;
and the "Vanguard-SLV-6" needs "Pioneer-4";
and "Pioneer-4" needs "Luna-1";
and "Luna-1" needs "Pioneer-P-3";
and"Pioneer-P-3" needs "Explorer-7";
and"Explorer-7" needs "Explorer-7X";
But "Explorer-7X" needs "Explorer-6"!!!???
I know, due to the last posts, that you don't have the time for this right now, but i just want to leave this information here ;) 

Hope that the surgery went ok and hope for fast and full recovery.  ;) 

Thank you for spotting that. It is not present in the RSS version so that's why I missed it in my play-through last time. I am glad you enjoy the mod, and yes I intend to finish it up to the present day. I have adjusted Luna-1, Pioneer-P-3, Explorer-7X, and Explorer-7 to be in the proper places now and that should correct the issues you noted. Also keep in mind that Explorer-7X does still launch before Explorer-6 as per history.

It is now updated on the GitHub so it can be downloaded and manually installed. Just click the green clone or download button and select Download Zip. I will hopefully release a new version within the next few days. I have a couple of changes I wanted to finish before pushing it out or I will forget entirely.

Surgery and recovery went well and I should be back to steady modding within a few weeks or so. Just got blindsided with other family health issues and have had very little time to dedicate to this awesome game. I am having serious Kerbal withdraws as I have not played in over a month.

Edited by Frylovespi

@Frylovespi Hi, is this mod compatible with a rescaled stock system (using the mod rescale, so with kopernicus/sigma)?

EDIT: I tested it, and contrats are successfuly loaded but the altitudes are wrong, is there a way to match those contracts altitudes to the recaled Kerbin system (actually it is a x10.625 rescale, so a realistic one that matches real life solar system) ?

rethanks :)

Edited by kurgut

On 6/18/2018 at 9:01 PM, Frylovespi said:

Thank you for spotting that.

I'm glad I could help :D and I'm also glad that your Surgery and recovery went OK ;) 

Also keep in mind that Explorer-7X does still launch before Explorer-6 as per history.

I believe that you have made your homework and in that case I'm sure that you know much better than me what was the sequence of historical launches :) 

The first mission of HOSF is to launch the A-2 from ze germans, right? Well, I can't find the rocket. Playing 1.4.2 in stock system with a variety of mods, but appararently I missed something, because there aren't any parts of the A-2 nor is the rocket available. I am sure, it's me so please do not hold back xD Where is the Aggregat 2?

Alright, now my discoverer contracts are gone.

Any chance that it might be because I am using ksp v 1.4.4?

On 7/1/2018 at 11:52 PM, Trigant said:

The first mission of HOSF is to launch the A-2 from ze germans, right? Well, I can't find the rocket. Playing 1.4.2 in stock system with a variety of mods, but appararently I missed something, because there aren't any parts of the A-2 nor is the rocket available. I am sure, it's me so please do not hold back xD Where is the Aggregat 2?

I doubt if you have A2 parts with the mod. 

Just build something that flies.

On 7/1/2018 at 4:52 PM, Trigant said:

This mod does't have parts, so you have to construct your own version of the rockets.

On 7/4/2018 at 8:42 AM, Xd the great said:

I dug out a problem. The discoverer missions cannot be loaded. And the pioneer 4 mission is not able to be unlocked.

A cycle of missions that cannot be unlocked.

I've already reported this to FrylovespiHe arranged a momentary solution until he make the next version.

Thank you for spotting that. It is not present in the RSS version so that's why I missed it in my play-through last time. I am glad you enjoy the mod, and yes I intend to finish it up to the present day. I have adjusted Luna-1, Pioneer-P-3, Explorer-7X, and Explorer-7 to be in the proper places now and that should correct the issues you noted. Also keep in mind that Explorer-7X does still launch before Explorer-6 as per history.

It is now updated on the GitHub so it can be downloaded and manually installed. Just click the green clone or download button and select Download Zip. I will hopefully release a new version within the next few days. I have a couple of changes I wanted to finish before pushing it out or I will forget entirely.

First thanks for all the work you've done on this so far, I completely love the historical aspect you can have with KSP.

I am up to the first Venera 1 flights (in stock to Eve), and you have the deadline as 70 days, which for a flight to Eve is pretty tight.  I had a quick look at some of the older history space flight contract packs and their deadline is a more reasonable 5000 days, not saying this should be the deadline figure, but I think it needs to be increased somewhat.

On 7/15/2018 at 1:29 AM, PlankyPlankh said:

First thanks for all the work you've done on this so far, I completely love the historical aspect you can have with KSP.

I am up to the first Venera 1 flights (in stock to Eve), and you have the deadline as 70 days, which for a flight to Eve is pretty tight.  I had a quick look at some of the older history space flight contract packs and their deadline is a more reasonable 5000 days, not saying this should be the deadline figure, but I think it needs to be increased somewhat.

So thats why it has failed on me twice. The best I can do with what I have is about 100 days transit, unless I am missing something. Thats with a probe with about 2200 dv after orbital insertion.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/15/2018 at 12:29 AM, PlankyPlankh said:

Oh wow I see I completely forgot to change the deadlines for long duration missions. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. Unfortunately as my recovery went great my elderly mother fell ill and I have been taking care of her as my dad cannot. She will need a surgery in the next month and then it will be a few weeks of recovery until they can handle themselves. Luckily my brother is in town for the next 5 days and he is taking over the slack for me. I will make a patch this weekend to officially correct the bugs found, new content will be pushed back a few more months.

*edit* Version 0.5.6 with the bugfixes above and more has been released on GitHub, Spacedock, and Curseforge.

Edited by Frylovespi

• 2 weeks later...

I'm stuck on the mission, "Launch the ASP missile." As I leave the atmosphere the "flying" objective no longer shows as complete. It will be checked again as I re-enter the atmosphere. Hard to finish when you need to be "flying" above 100,000 m.

• 4 weeks later...

I guess I found the culprit for my issue with CC / Kerbalism, I just found this line in my log:

ContractConfigurator.VesselParameterGroupFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'Kosmos-27', PARAMETER 'Kosmos-27' of type 'VesselParameterGroup': unexpected child node '' found, ignored.

Check the linked post above and the following.

Edit:

I guess in line 40 of GameData\ContractPacks\HistoryofSpaceflight\Missions\SovietMissions\Kosmos\Kosmos 1-40\Kosmos-27.cfg the word PARAMETER has to be inserted ...

-> https://github.com/Frylovespi/History-of-Spaceflight/issues/2

Edited by Gordon Dry

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention and I will be able to look into it soon. Cancer is a horrible beast and it has finally claimed my 2 loved ones. I will be back in early December after mourning and a vacation to fix those problems and have time to work on expanding the mod and adding a new version that includes just the highlights of all the missions launched to date. A sort of mini version of the mod for stock.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.