Is 1.4.1 a "Safe" Build?

Nataris

Hello everyone.  I was just wondering if 1.4.1 is a safe build (ie, no game breaking bugs) to start a new modded play through with? Or am I better off waiting for the eventual 1.4.3 patch?

I'm avoiding 1.4.2 due to its current contract spam bug.

I plan to do a long term, modded play through without updating anything and want to make sure I'm starting with a good foundation KSP build.   

Thank you all for your time and help.

well, aside from the contract spam, 1.4.2 is perfectly fine.  1.4.1 is ok, no major bugs that I saw. 

However, in 1.4.2, Contract Configurator does have a work around that hides the contract spam for now until .3 drops.

Edited by Capt. Hunt

14 minutes ago, Capt. Hunt said:

well, aside from the contract spam, 1.4.2 is perfectly fine.  1.4.1 is ok, no major bugs that I saw. 

However, in 1.4.2, Contract Configurator does have a work around that hides the contract spam for now until .3 drops.

Thank you for the reply.  My concern with the spam thing is that it would give my crappy computer more things to process.  I think the CC work around just deletes the messages. 

So really my issue is with it needing more computer power, when I'm already asking a lot from my computer with mods.

23 minutes ago, Capt. Hunt said:

Wait, doesn't 1.4.2 come with a exploding landing legs bug? (I'm still in 1.3.1, so I don't know)

Edited by juanml82

3 hours ago, juanml82 said:

Wait, doesn't 1.4.2 come with a exploding landing legs bug?

Yes, it absolutely does.  1.4.2, landing legs explody.

So perhaps best to wait, if you have plans for which exploding novelty legs would cause issues.  :)

Other than the landing legs, though, I've been playing 1.4.2 with no major issues.

(Well, okay, that, and the aero on fairings being completely horked.)

I never ran into issues with 1.4.1, not of the game breaking nature, anyway. 1.4.2 has some serious issues (mainly landing gear, although my Vall mission recently managed to escape it). You might run into problems anyways, since the game's stability is partoy based on your machine, and what software it has, as well as a large number of other potential issues.

I got a enervating issue on 1.4.2 , the only one that made me rollback for 1.4.1 - when building a vessel on editor and doing some clipping, the part jumps automatically for a snap position even with the snap button unselected.

So, or you get that part in place at first try, or the thing jumps to a snap position when you try to fix. And, again, *even with the snap button unselected*.

Never figured out a way out of this, so I rolled back to 1.4.1 for while.

14 hours ago, Foxster said:

If you are someone who uses fairings a lot then there's an outstanding bug with them in 1.4.1 & 1.4.2. i.e. they don't work to reduce drag as intended. 

Is this confirmed to be true? 

If so, that is a game changer.  Fairings with the MKS mod would be a nessesity I would think for a poor rocket engineer sending up large stuff.  

Thanks all.  It seems for now I might just have to plan out some ships and sub assembly parts for when 1.4.3 releases.  There seems to be a ton of major issues they need to fix ASAP. 

Exploding legs?  Non fairing, fairings?  Memory leak via message spam?  Etc.

On 4/11/2018 at 12:32 AM, Nataris said:

Is this confirmed to be true? 

If so, that is a game changer.  Fairings with the MKS mod would be a nessesity I would think for a poor rocket engineer sending up large stuff.  

Thanks all.  It seems for now I might just have to plan out some ships and sub assembly parts for when 1.4.3 releases.  There seems to be a ton of major issues they need to fix ASAP. 

Exploding legs?  Non fairing, fairings?  Memory leak via message spam?  Etc.

Yes, confirmed to be true.

1.4.2 is still riddled with bugs. Though some appear to be related (landing legs exploding is I think related to the same bug that makes rovers bounce all over the place), I'm not even sure they'll be able to fix all the biggest problems by 1.4.3.

The worst bit IMO is that most of these gamebreaking bugs are given a 'low' or at most 'normal' priority. It's like the devs giving these priorities are completely out of touch with what has a big impact on user experience and it's not giving me any confidence that there's any real sense of urgency for them to get these fixed.

edit: For a clear view of what I consider "riddled with bugs", open the bug tracker and see for yourself.

Edited by Jognt

47 minutes ago, Jognt said:

Yes, confirmed to be true.

1.4.2 is still riddled with bugs. Though some appear to be related (landing legs exploding is I think related to the same bug that makes rovers bounce all over the place), I'm not even sure they'll be able to fix all the biggest problems by 1.4.3.

The worst bit IMO is that most of these gamebreaking bugs are given a 'low' or at most 'normal' priority. It's like the devs giving these priorities are completely out of touch with what has a big impact on user experience and it's not giving me any confidence that there's any real sense of urgency for them to get these fixed.

edit: For a clear view of what I consider "riddled with bugs", open the bug tracker and see for yourself.

We'll have to wait till patch Tuesday next week which was announced last night to confirm, but from what I've read the landing leg/wheel bug, fairing bugs and message spam bug should all be fixed. :) 

44 minutes ago, LoSBoL said:

We'll have to wait till patch Tuesday next week which was announced last night to confirm, but from what I've read the landing leg/wheel bug, fairing bugs and message spam bug should all be fixed. :) 

Maybe 1.4.4 or 1.4.5 will be the patch where the game returns to 1.3.1 stability/bug levels then. Oh well. As long as they make sure the coming patches are bug free of their own, it's an improvement.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.