747-8 Replica Full Stock

This craft is a stock replica of the Boeing 747-8. This craft was largely inspired by the excellent works of Gman_builder and DavidN, whose accounts you can find here,
https://kerbalx.com/DavidN
https://kerbalx.com/Gman_builder
For this craft I aimed to replicate the exact look, design, and function of the 747-8 as closely as I could, the resulting aircraft is my most accurate replica to date. One huge source of part count is the GEnx-2B turbofans, which all together contribute about 600 parts. Admittedly a lot for a purely aesthetic component. However, the craft would have looked a bit silly with just the dinky Goliaths powering it.

ZSDZWSi.jpg

k47PRJv.jpg

pHWB5WD.jpg

Download (As well as additional screenshots)https://kerbalx.com/Kronus_Aerospace/Kronus-747-8-Peregrine

Part Count: 1150
Craft Mass: 414.6 tonnes

Craft Specifications

-Rotation Speed: 70 m/s
-Cruising Altitude: 8000 m
-Max Speed at CRZ ALT: 254.7 m/s
-Stall Speed: 45 m/s
-Maneuverability: Slow, but Responsive.

-Action Group 1 toggles the flaps, for this craft they are simply used as airbrakes rather than for increasing lift.

Dude, what a piece of magnificent work! :-)

Had you consider using UbioZurWeld ? It would reduce the part counting considerably - but you would need to provide a download link for the welded parts (and keep the original parts for reworking when necessary...)

1 hour ago, Lisias said:

Dude, what a piece of magnificent work! :-)

Had you consider using UbioZurWeld ? It would reduce the part counting considerably - but you would need to provide a download link for the welded parts (and keep the original parts for reworking when necessary...)

Considering the stuff I make? I think about that mod ALL the time, but I want to keep my craft 100% stock so I don't intend to use it. This craft is built very modularly so it would be extremely easy to part weld it.

Glad you like the craft BTW!

1 hour ago, Kronus_Aerospace said:

Considering the stuff I make? I think about that mod ALL the time, but I want to keep my craft 100% stock so I don't intend to use it. This craft is built very modularly so it would be extremely easy to part weld it.

Apologies for a newbie question here, but how are you defining stock?  I was assuming you were using parts from add-on mods, or am I mistaken?

Very impressive, by the way!

1 hour ago, Klapaucius said:

I was assuming you were using parts from add-on mods

Oh no! There are absolutely no modded or DLC or altered parts on any of my craft. My craft use entirely stock parts, with stock stats and stock textures, and entirely built with the stock vessel builder. Hence the words "Full Stock".

Also don't worry about being a newbie, I've been playing the game less than a year myself, I started playing it only this last summer.

Edited by Kronus_Aerospace

12 minutes ago, Kronus_Aerospace said:

Oh no! There are absolutely no modded or DLC or altered parts on any of my craft. My craft use entirely stock parts, with stock stats and stock textures, and entirely built with the stock vessel builder. Hence the words "Full Stock".

Okay, now I am beyond impressed.  I'll have to download and pry into your secrets :-)

Seriously, that is fantastic.

1 hour ago, Klapaucius said:

Okay, now I am beyond impressed.  I'll have to download and pry into your secrets :-)

Seriously, that is fantastic.

Get ready for lag! Oh and don't forget about the part about Unbreakable Joints, unless you want to witness the most violent rapid unplanned disassembly you'll ever see. Fly safe friend!

9 hours ago, Columbia said:

I'm smitten. That 747 is just absolutely beautiful. It captures the real thing's shape and dimensions so well. I'd download it but.. the part count..

Amazing work!

Thank you so much!  The high part count is pretty unfortunate, I could easily cut it in half just by replacing the engines with regular goliaths, I'm not sure if anybody would be interested in that or not.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.