Advanced staging mod?

Darinth

I'm constantly annoyed by the lack of the staging system. Don't get me wrong, it does the basics fairly well... but there's way more that I feel needs to be available for staging... like... everything.

Is there a mod available that A: makes everything that can be assign to action groups available for staging, B: even more (such as throttle control, SAS control, etc...)? As an example, I recently wanted to put a pair of backwards facing twitches on my orbital stage such that when I reached orbit I could stage that section and have it automatically deactivate the main engine, point prograde, activate the twitches, decouple, throttle up the decoupled craft, and make sure that the decoupled craft had SAS set to hold prograde. This kind of thing is a fairly regular occurrence for me. I can often make due with action groups, but even action groups can't do things like setting SAS or throttle (let alone setting them on decoupling stages).

I wasn't awere of kRPC. Thank you for pointing me towards it, if only for informational purposes. While both of these would technically work, I was hoping for something that involved writing less script. It's not that I can't (it's actually my job) , it's more that I was hoping to avoid the need for writing scripts when it really felt like an 'advanced staging' system could easily fit the bill. Ohh well. I'll probably poke at least at kOS, possibly at kRPC.

Thank you once again for the suggestions. :)

13 hours ago, Darinth said:

I was just watching a couple of youtube videos on kOS and they were also using smart parts. I could almost do everything I want with smart parts, I just wish it had throttle/SAS controls.

Well, if you add KOS along with the smart parts, you'll be set.   Since most of the work is being done by SPs, the KOS script you'd have to write should be fairly simple, in contrast. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.