Re: PorkJet's old Parts Overhaul

StevieC

On 4/25/2018 at 5:18 PM, Jognt said:

Man.. You're a wizard! I've done some work on making MM patches to be used with PatchManager to allow end-users to simply click to select options they want (such as upgrades and to replace or add the parts). Due to ADD I'm a bit unreliable in managing focus to finish stuff I started, but I'd love to (try) help out if there are specific patches you'd like written.

By the way: The following MM patch works fine for replacing the stock parts with the new parts. Might need some editing of names if you've changed those, but that's all there should be to it.

Oh, I like this technique much more than what I'd been doing. Would it be okay for me to use your MM config (with attribution, under the same CC-BY-NC-3.0 license) as the basis for what I include with the updated mod?

23 hours ago, Burning Kan said:

now it bugs me much more that the nozzles not glow,THX;.;

Yeah, I've been working on that. I've been trying to figure out why adding animations causes the import to fail. My suspicion is that the tutorial I learned from is outdated.

13 hours ago, Tyko said:

Something whacky seems to be happening with the Pug model under 1.4.3. when mounted under a tank with a decoupler under it (normal setup for rockets) the engine is slightly offset from the stack and the shroud is screwed up.

are others seeing this?

With the original version or my update?

27 minutes ago, rspeed said:

With the original version or my update?

Good question...i ran a test and it's affecting both yours and the original version too...nobody is supporting that any more AFAIK. Any chance you could take a look?

Edited by Tyko

22 minutes ago, rspeed said:

Yeah, I've been working on that

COOL, the only thing i dedectet is that the emissives are mirrored in blender in any kind ,maybe from dds file.I can give u the blender file with the emissive texture right positioned  on it(but in anm things iam also stucked),if it would help

2 hours ago, rspeed said:

Oh, I like this technique much more than what I'd been doing. Would it be okay for me to use your MM config (with attribution, under the same CC-BY-NC-3.0 license) as the basis for what I include with the updated mod?

I'm not familiar with licenses, feel free to use what I post however you see fit (a mention would be lovely though). The upper bit about the missing upgrade and the typos is copy/pasted from @PocketBrotector's cfg though if that matters. Is that integration cfg all you want? I'm fine with writing some more (like the patchmanager stuff) but my brain is far more motivated by external stimuli than internal ones so you'd have to mention what you'd like.

ps. I am a bit weary about the "-part" bits in the linked cfg since a mistake there would mean deletion of previously built/active craft. One of the cfgs I am/was working on edited over all the new/changed parameters of the porkjet parts to the stock parts, but that one is quite a bit longer/more complex than the 'simple' -part/+part one.

edit: Optional cfgs that could be included for patchmanager (ingame on/off button for these parts): Yes/No to Upgrades, replacing-of-stock, no 'extra' engines, tanks/engines-only, whatever you can think of.

Edited by Jognt

23 hours ago, Tyko said:

Good question...i ran a test and it's affecting both yours and the original version too...nobody is supporting that any more AFAIK. Any chance you could take a look?

I haven't been able to reproduce it (already running 1.4.3). My best guess is that it might be some interaction with another mod. Could you try disabling all of the other mods and see if the issue still occurs?

22 hours ago, Burning Kan said:

COOL, the only thing i dedectet is that the emissives are mirrored in blender in any kind ,maybe from dds file.I can give u the blender file with the emissive texture right positioned  on it(but in anm things iam also stucked),if it would help  

Nah, this is definitely something with Unity. I'll figure it out, I'm sure.

21 hours ago, Jognt said:

feel free to use what I post however you see fit (a mention would be lovely though)

Groovy.

The upper bit about the missing upgrade and the typos is copy/pasted from @PocketBrotector's cfg though if that matters

Nah, I'd only be using the lower part since I can actually edit the source configs.

but my brain is far more motivated by external stimuli than internal ones so you'd have to mention what you'd like

I've got ADHD, too. So I very much understand. :D

I am a bit weary about the "-part" bits in the linked cfg since a mistake there would mean deletion of previously built/active craft

Yeah, I'm gonna be really careful about making sure releases don't break everyone's saves.

What I'd really like to be able to do is to just leave all of the stock specs and everything as-is, and just swap out the models and add in the stuff PorkJet added (like propellant storage on the LV-909), but that's way beyond my current understanding of MM's capabilities.

1 hour ago, rspeed said:

What I'd really like to be able to do is to just leave all of the stock specs and everything as-is, and just swap out the models and add in the stuff PorkJet added (like propellant storage on the LV-909), but that's way beyond my current understanding of MM's capabilities.

Something like this by any chance? (Edits existing stock parts with just the values that were changed. Removing ones not present in Porkjet's cfgs and adding those that differ/are new. Done using Notepad++ with the Compare plugin)

// Mk1 Command Pod
@PART[mk1pod]{
    @author = Porkjet
    @mesh = PartOverhauls\Parts\Command\Size1Pod\Size1Pod.mu
    @node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.375, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1
    @node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.6125, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0
}
	// T-30 Reliant
@PART[liquidEngine]{
    @author = Porkjet
    !mesh
    !scale
    rescaleFactor = 1
    @node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.90625, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0
    @node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.90625, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0
    @MODULE[ModuleEngines]{
        @fxOffset = 0, 0, 0.1
    }
}
	// T-45 Swivel
@PART[liquidEngine2]{
    @author = Porkjet
    !mesh
    !scale
    MODEL{
        model = PartOverhauls/Parts/Engine/JebsJunkyard/LV-T45
    }
    rescaleFactor = 1
    @node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.90625, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0
    @node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.72, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0
    @fx_exhaustFlame_blue = 0.0, -0.72, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, running
    @fx_exhaustLight_blue = 0.0, -0.72, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, running
    @fx_smokeTrail_light = 0.0, -0.72, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, running
    @fx_exhaustSparks_flameout = 0.0, -0.72, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, flameout
    @MODULE[ModuleEngines]{
        @fxOffset = 0, 0, 0.1
    }
    MODULE    
    {
        name = FXModuleLookAtConstraint
        CONSTRAINLOOKFX
        {
            targetName = Piston01Target
            rotatorsName = Piston01Anchor
        }
        CONSTRAINLOOKFX
        {
            targetName = Piston02Target
            rotatorsName = Piston02Anchor
        }
    }
}
	// LV-909 Terrier
@PART[liquidEngine3]{
    @author = Porkjet
    !mesh
    !scale
    MODEL{
        model = PartOverhauls/Parts/Engine/JebsJunkyard/LV-909
    }
    rescaleFactor = 1
    @node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.275, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1
    @node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.475, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 1
    @fx_exhaustFlame_blue_small = 0.0, -0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, running
    @fx_exhaustLight_blue = 0.0, -0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, running
    @fx_smokeTrail_light = 0.0, -0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, running
    @MODULE[ModuleEngines]{
        @fxOffset = 0, 0, -0.05
    }
}
	@PART[fuelTankSmallFlat]{
    @author = Porkjet
    !mesh
    MODEL{
        model = PartOverhauls/Parts/FuelTank/Size1/FL-T100_A
    }
    @node_attach = 0.625, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0
}
	@PART[fuelTankSmall]{
    @author = Porkjet
    !mesh
    !scale
    rescaleFactor = 1
    @node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.55, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0
    @node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.55, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0
    @node_attach = 0.625, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1

}
	@PART[fuelTank]{
    @author = Porkjet
    !mesh
    !scale
    rescaleFactor = 1
    @node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.9675, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0
    @node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.9075, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0
    MODEL{
        model = PartOverhauls/Parts/FuelTank/Size1/FL-T400_A
        position = 0.0, 0.03, 0.0    //original was slightly off center, trying to retain compatibility
    }
}
	@PART[fuelTank_long]{
    @author = Porkjet
    !mesh
    !scale
    rescaleFactor = 1
    @node_stack_top = 0.0, 1.875, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0
    @node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.875, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0
    MODEL{
        model = PartOverhauls/Parts/FuelTank/Size1/FL-T800_A
    }
}

Note: I haven't doublechecked or tested this yet. Last I remember I wasn't completely done yet, but well on my way.

This was part of my project to make patches for use with patchmanager to select from ModdedAsExtra (just fixes), ModdedAsStock (the cfg you found before), ModdedAsEyecandy (this one), and ModdedPlusUpgrades (adding upgrades to the engines where base (non-upgrade) performance equals stock performance).

If you're interested in that, let me know, maybe it'll be the edge I need to continue on it.

edit: Again, feel free to use it as-is, as inspiration, or however you want. Honorable mention would be nice if it was of help.

Edited by Jognt

• 8 months later...

Hi @rspeed.  I've been trying to add this into KSP 1.6.1.  The valiant and reliant don't display their variants in the VAB and the other engines, when launching, display their boattails regardless of how I've set them up in the VAB.

Any chance of looking into this please?

Edited by theJesuit

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.