Docking Ports not connecting

Help! I'm trying to build a space station and for some strange reason, the docking ports aren't working. The ports are touching, I've selected one of the station's ports as a target, the docking node on the ship I'm controlling is open, but the magnetism isn't kicking in!

It functioned normally before, as I had successfully docked a lander to a ship in a Mun mission, but now it isn't working!

Mods installed

uBjDjcu.png

Other things to note:

1. I'm running this on the 64 bit build of the game
  2. Computer is an Acer E5-575
  3. I have cut out some parts in some of the installed mods

Oldy but goody answer here:  Look at the two ports in question real close in flight.   Are they attached with the correct side facing out?  Attaching a docking port facing the wrong way is an old KSP right of passage. 

If they are both on correctly, are they compatible?  Some mods docking ports might look similar, but are incompatible with stock ports (I'm looking at you Konstruction). 

I also see you have MJ2 installed.  Sometimes MJ can get wonky with docking, and fight the ports.  If you are using MJ, and the above suggestions aren't the answer, take her in manually and see if you can get it to work. 

Some screenshots might help after that if you are still having trouble, there might be some parts blocking the ships from connecting or something weird. 

Hang on...

Turned out Stockalike Station Parts Redux was causing the whole dilemma. Nertea released a new patch so that fixed it, and in between that period of time I simply removed the lines of code that swapped the models for the port.

Oh, and I did attach them correct side facing out. This wasn't the first station I built y'know.

5 hours ago, TheZenGuy said:

Oh, and I did attach them correct side facing out. This wasn't the first station I built y'know.

We've all done it.  As I said right of passage. 

I used to work in a computer shop, and we'd send a computer home with a customer.  About once a month, they'd call back within a couple hours complaining it wouldn't turn on.  I'd ask if it was plugged in correctly, they'd get upset that I called them an idiot.  They'd then hang up when they realized it was in fact not plugged in.   So I always start with the basic questions first.  :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.