What mods only add moons to kerbin?

The reason i am asking this question is because i am playing a ksp install with moons of eve, moons of duna, and kerbal origins. (there are others, but they have nothing to do with this)

It really bugs me that duna has more large moons than kerbin. (minmus is not a large moon)

any suggestions?

Moving to Add-on Discussions.

48 minutes ago, The Minmus Derp said:

The reason i am asking this question is because i am playing a ksp install with moons of eve, moons of duna, and kerbal origins. (there are others, but they have nothing to do with this)

It really bugs me that duna has more large moons than kerbin. (minmus is not a large moon)

any suggestions?

I don't know anything specifically about the mods you're talking about.  However, if they're implemented using Kopernicus (which these days just about every solar-system mod does), then it's pretty easy for you to manually "mod the mod" yourself, if you don't mind doing a bit of jiggery-pokery with a text editor.

Solar system mods typically use Kopernicus, which in turn uses ModuleManager to tinker with various configs.  All the planets' and moons' characteristics end up being confrolled by config there.

So, all you need to do is to create your own .cfg file, written in ModuleManager syntax, where you basically just say "Move such-and-such moon to orbit planet B instead of planet A."  And while you're doing it, you can also alter things like the size and shape of its orbit, the value of science measurements therefrom, etc.

So you could just hijack some moons and move them to orbit Kerbin instead of Eve, Duna, or wherever.  (Probably you'd want to lower their science value, since they're a lot easier to get to if they're orbiting the home planet).

It would be just like a half-dozen lines of config, pretty quick to put together.  Then just drop your .cfg file somewhere in your GameData folder, and when KSP starts up, it'll apply your patch and put things where you want them.  :)

I could've sworn the Hyperedit mod could let you move whole celestial bodies around. Check out the Hyperedit mod spotlights out. Not sure if it was Kottabus(spelling) or this other 2min spotlight one.

• 2 months later...