[1.8.1 - 1.12.2] KSP Interstellar Extended 1.29.5 Release Thread

FreeThinker

One more interesting thing: electric (dis)charge is NOT scaled with time acceleration (but slowly changes over time) and power demand in Megajoules Management Display decreases with acceleration.

Time factor EC drain (unit/s) DC Demand (MW)
x1 656 4650
x5 654 1050
x10 651 623
x50 630 138
x100 603 77.6
Spoiler

x1

UeZZb1L.png

x5

ySpb4Eo.png

x10

yMYsZIT.png

x50

npHaoVC.png

x100

6iexqgx.png

The problem is on "DC Electrical System" variable calculation, i.e. stored_current_charge_demand variable somehow is summing result in infinite cycle.

Because somehow it is increasing to infinity instead of just get a constant value:

Test BED:

https://kerbalx.com/pmborg/bug

Edited by pmborg

32 minutes ago, pmborg said:

The problem is on "DC Electrical System" variable calculation, i.e. stored_current_charge_demand variable somehow is summing result in infinite cycle.

Because somehow it is increasing to infinity instead of just get a constant value:

Yes this is a known issue of the current system, which only works a s long as you have a positive balance

6 minutes ago, pmborg said:

increasing to infinity

I see that it is proportional to "free space for electric charge". Charging battery will reduce demand value. And if I lock EC flow on my Big Test Battery, demand will instantly drop to 15MW from few GW.

Moreover this bug requires additional power source to operate :) With 3 parts (command pod + battery + solar panel) I have 35W consumption before deploying panel and less than (and constant!) 1MW after. But with PB-NUK added... demand value is rising as battery discharges and 4GW is not the limit.

41 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Yes this is a known issue of the current system, which only works a s long as you have a positive balance

The Bug is for sure here:

var stock_electric_charge_needed = maxAmount - amount;

var power_supplied = Math.Min(currentPowerSupply * 1000 * timeWarpFixedDeltaTime, stock_electric_charge_needed);
                    var stable_supplied = Math.Min(stablePowerSupply * 1000 * timeWarpFixedDeltaTime, stock_electric_charge_needed);

if (stock_electric_charge_needed > 0)
                    {
                        var deltaResourceDemand = stock_electric_charge_needed / 1000 / timeWarpFixedDeltaTime;
                        current_resource_demand += deltaResourceDemand;
                        charge_resource_demand += deltaResourceDemand;
                    }

current_resource_demand is getting values about 0.001 in every frame...

so charge_resource_demand is getting increased and then we see that wrong value at "DC Electrical System"

so if deltaResourceDemand is wrong stock_electric_charge_needed  is wrong.

And this is because this line:

Edited by pmborg

48 minutes ago, pmborg said:

The Bug is for sure here:

var power_supplied = Math.Min(currentPowerSupply * 1000 * timeWarpFixedDeltaTime, stock_electric_charge_needed);
                    var stable_supplied = Math.Min(stablePowerSupply * 1000 * timeWarpFixedDeltaTime, stock_electric_charge_needed);

if (stock_electric_charge_needed > 0)
                    {
                        var deltaResourceDemand = stock_electric_charge_needed / 1000 / timeWarpFixedDeltaTime;
                        current_resource_demand += deltaResourceDemand;
                        charge_resource_demand += deltaResourceDemand;
                    }

current_resource_demand is getting values about 0.001 in every frame...

so charge_resource_demand is getting increased and then we see that wrong value at "DC Electrical System"

so if deltaResourceDemand is wrong stock_electric_charge_needed  is wrong.

And this is because this line:

Yes I know, but charge_resource_demand is reset every frame. It basicly assumes that any shortcomming in electric charge indices a power usage during a single frame, which is then converted into powerusage per second.

Edited by FreeThinker

I installed now just KSP & KSPI only!

K:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData>dir /B
999_Scale_Redist.dll
ModuleManager.4.1.3.dll
ModuleManager.ConfigCache
ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
ModuleManager.Physics
ModuleManager.TechTree

toolbar-settings.dat
Squad
SquadExpansion

TweakScale
WarpPlugin

And all work fine... :S  exactly as supposed to:

mIbHBeJ.png

There is some other addon, that is causing, KSPI to do wrong calculations.

I actually saved a video but the results are so stable that an image is enouf...

16 hours ago, Siama said:

Oh, I got it... You just hid details under "Consumer Component". But it still discharging battery and reporting weird Power Demand and Utilisation.

4QhpVM6.png

Yes I hide EC consumption when Poduction is lower than consumption or 0 .  Not sure what is causing this behavior. To help me reproduce it, could you explain exactly what parts you use to reproduce the issue?

@FreeThinker

Debug Problem:

[1] I believe that with those two vessels, that I uploaded, its easier to detect the problem.

One work perfectly and the other is a night mare:

OK: GOOD.craft

BAD: bug.craft

New Release:

[2] The new engine is super useful, adopted it already into the new space2.craft

Shared here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f4g54ydw1y2n40n/SPH.zip?dl=0 (the 3 vessels)

The first test flight with it was this one:

Edited by pmborg

19 hours ago, pmborg said:

New Release:

[2] The new engine is super useful, adopted it already into the new space2.craft

Shared here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f4g54ydw1y2n40n/SPH.zip?dl=0 (the 3 vessels)

The first test flight with it was this one:

Notice the Fusion Engine can run in multiple fusion Modes. By default it starts in Deuterium-Tritium Fusion which effectivly requires Deuterium Lithium6 and slowly embrittles the reactor, but when fully upgraded you can also switch to Ultra Dense Deuterium Fusion modes which is -Neutronic and only requires Deuterium.

Notice that this engine can run pretty much any propellant mode including LFO, LH-LOX and Air - Hydrogen Fuel mixes which will significanlty improve thrust when you need it.

Edit: I think I'm going to limit the new Fusion Engine to aneutronic fusion modes only, because this is the only way all propellant modes are possible and it saves up mass. Neutron rich fusion is less desirable  type of fusion which is more of a akward necessity to make first and second generation fusion reactors feasable.

Edited by FreeThinker

Hello @FreeThinker,

Doing the AlphaCentaury Challenge, I noticed that in KSP there isn't any antenna, that can communicate between AlphaCentauri and Kerbin and this wonderful mod also confirm that:

Before this mod I was using this site http://www.satsig.net/seticalc.htm to calculate the antenna dish and ranges.

As far as I know the bigger dish have 20m, in KSP world of mods.

[1] @FreeThinker do you plan to release an antenna where we can reach the other stars, like Alpha Centaury or TRAPPIST?

25m, 30m and 35m for example.

[2] and summing to that a Huge fixed antenna is also missing in the game, I mean really big which can be built on Kerbin to allow a better communication with smaller dish?

Like 50m for example.

What do you think about this idea ?

Edited by pmborg

15 hours ago, pmborg said:

Hello @FreeThinker,

Doing the AlphaCentaury Challenge, I noticed that in KSP there isn't any antenna, that can communicate between AlphaCentauri and Kerbin and this wonderful mod also confirm that:

Before this mod I was using this site http://www.satsig.net/seticalc.htm to calculate the antenna dish and ranges.

As far as I know the bigger dish have 20m, in KSP world of mods.

[1] @FreeThinker do you plan to release an antenna where we can reach the other stars, like Alpha Centaury or TRAPPIST?

25m, 30m and 35m for example.

[2] and summing to that a Huge fixed antenna is also missing in the game, I mean really big which can be built on Kerbin to allow a better communication with smaller dish?

Like 50m for example.

What do you think about this idea ?

Communication is definatly covered by Interstellar Extended.

Have you tried the Oversized Microwave Dish Transciever? it has a relay strength of 1e+14,

If that not enough you could use the X-ray Free Electron Laser Transmitter at your desination,  which has a transmit strength of 1e+15m

Combined they should be able to get you half way the galaxy

Any Interstellar vessel that want to transmit any meaningful amount of data home need to be equipped with a high power laser.

Notice the laser could also be used for beamed power

Edited by FreeThinker

1 hour ago, FreeThinker said:

Communication is definatly covered by Interstellar Extended.

Have you tried the Oversized Microwave Dish Transciever? it has a relay strength of 1e+14,

If that not enough you could use the X-ray Free Electron Laser Transmitter at your desination,  which has a transmit strength of 1e+15m

Combined they should be able to get you half way the galaxy

Any Interstellar vessel that want to transmit any meaningful amount of data home need to be equipped with a high power laser.

Notice the laser could also be used for beamed power

Yes, tried all available, and validating them with that mod, and none reach alpha centaury,

Which is more or less normal, only dish of 25m can do that, and the bigger available is 20m.

1 hour ago, pmborg said:

Yes, tried all available, and validating them with that mod, and none reach alpha centaury,

Which is more or less normal, only dish of 25m can do that, and the bigger available is 20m.

Ok, 1 lightyear equals 9.4605284 × 1015 meters , so 4 lightyears would be = 3.68e+ 17 meter.

Btw, do you have RealSolarSystem installed? When RealSolarSystem is installed most transmitter get a boost of 1000 in antanna power, but the patch might be a bit out of date. I will update it for next release to boost of 100

Edit. I will also make the Solar Thermal Power Mirror Receiver (the biggest dish in KSP) capable of relay, making it the strongest Relay in KSP

Edited by FreeThinker

10 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Ok, 1 lightyear equals 9.4605284 × 1015 meters , so 4 lightyears would be = 3.68e+ 17 meter.

Btw, do you have RealSolarSystem installed? When RealSolarSystem is installed most transmitter get a boost of 1000 in antanna power, but the patch might be a bit out of date. I will update it for next release to boost of 100

Edit. I will also make the Solar Thermal Power Mirror Receiver (the biggest dish in KSP) capable of relay, making it the strongest Relay in KSP

" Btw, do you have RealSolarSystem installed? "

Actually I have a modified version of it, which fuse the Kerbol System and the Real Solar System in a same system, removing Mercury and Venus (only)

I will look into that detail...

On 1/13/2020 at 1:39 PM, FreeThinker said:

Not sure what is causing this behavior. To help me reproduce it, could you explain exactly what parts you use to reproduce the issue?

Damn. Now I'm unable to reproduce it too. Just reinstalled ksp from scratch one more time and that's it...  "Energy flow" and indicated "Power supply" still decreasing over time when it should not (perfectly round orbit around the Kerbol, craft oriented to have =1.00 exposure) but Electric Charge is not affected anymore.

It was old plugin version :)So this is my test craft: https://pastebin.com/vQ5J3yKi (mk1pod + tweakscaled 3 times batteryBankMini + largeSolarPanel)

Edited by Siama

@FreeThinker

About RealSolarSystem I believe that you are referring to:

GameData\RealSolarSystem\DSN_Ranges.cfg

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]]
{
      @MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]
      {
            @antennaPower *= 20

@UPGRADES
            {
                  @UPGRADE,*
                  {
                        @antennaPower *= 20
                  }
            }
      }
}

And then WarpPlugin\Patches\RealSolarSystem.cfg:         @antennaPower *= 1000

got it, I have this:

"Have you tried the Oversized Microwave Dish Transciever? it has a relay strength of 1e+14"

bQoE96j.png

Edited by pmborg

Version 1.25.6 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.2 - 1.7.3, 1.8.1

Released on 2020-01-19

• Added Additional Localization and translations by tinygrox
  • Added Improved spool effect to Thermal Turbojet Capable Engines
  • Added small LqdHel3 and LqdDeuterium capacity to Daedalus Fusion engine equal to FusionPellet conversion ratio
  • Added addition tweakscaling sizes for Nuclear Turbojet Engine
  • Added addition tweakscaling sizes for Large Flat Radiator
  • Replaced Thermal Turbojet and Thermal Aerospike Turbojet by a 1.25 version with improved exhaust
  • Balanced SURGE Fusion Engine, reduced mass but limited fusion to A-Neutronic
  • Balanced Transmitter strength when RealSolarSystem is installed
  • Fixed issue with Thermal Power Generator where it would produce more power than configured
  • Fixed Nullrefference exception in VAB generated by Precooler

Version 1.25.7 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.2-1.7.3, 1.8.1

Released on 2020-01-26

• Added Receiver Transmitter VAB wavelength synchronization
  • Improved display resource manager megajoules when unpowered
  • Improved exhaust Ruthford at low throttle
  • Fixed exception spam when no fuel available on Ruthford
  • Fixed Buoyancy on Thermal Nozzle and Ruthford/Vista
  • Fixed several radiators to cool better in water and not provide any buoyancy
  • Fixed issue of excessive thrust when scaled down or at low throttle on Ruthford/Vista
  • Fixed Aluminium Monopropellant on Engine and RCS
  • Fixed missing power usage Ruthford/Vista for low throttle
  • Balanced Inline Thermal Reciever Dish, removed relay but improve beamed power coverage to 360 degree
Edited by FreeThinker

Version 1.25.9 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.2 - 1.7.3, 1.8.1

Released on 2020-02-03

• Added SAGE Positron Antimatter Engine
  • Added Fuel flow throttling to SURGE Engine
  • Added integrated radiator to Aluminium Fueled Engines
  • Replaced Thermal Ramjet model by new by Wyveren Turbo Ramjet model
  • Balance: improved maximum isp for non-lfo, non-jet engine modes on SURGE Engine
  • Improved display of fuel flow for fuel throttled engines
  • Fixed issue of Fission Fragment Reactor not able to function
  • Fixed issue of alternator not producing any wasteheat
  • Fixed issue where unused power would produce wasteheat.
  • Fixed some log spamming issues
  • Fixed ELF Engine exception spamming in VAB
  • Fixed Tri Alpha ability to produce power
Edited by FreeThinker

Version 1.25.10 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.2 - 1.7.3, 1.8.1

• Added VAB configuration of visible warp trail effect for every Alcubiere drive (on by default)
  • Added VAB configuration of Alcubiere drive control drive
  • Added Action group for Warp Control Window
  • Added Automated drop out of warp functionality when one of the drives get destroyed
  • Balance: tweaked reaction wheel strength on Alcubiere warp drives during warp
  • Balance: Increased Tweakscaling sizes Alcubiere Warp Drives
  • Balance: Reduce storage capacity positron antimatter storage devices
  • Fixed active warp drive sound on Alcubiere warp-drive (configurable)
  • Fixed graphic glitch on warp trail after a change of speed or direction
  • Reduced jerkiness Alcubiere warp-drive during a change of direction
  • Removed disabled and empty files

Edited by FreeThinker