FreeThinker

[1.4.2 - 1.7.3, 1.8.1 - 1.9.1] KSP Interstellar Extended 1.25.22 Release Thread

Recommended Posts

I wonder if its possible to request a mk2 warppdrive  ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the idea of waste heat in the game. Is there a mod that incorporates just that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Version 1.25.11 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.2 - 1.7.3, 1.8.1 - 1.9

  • Added warp speed sound pitch to Alcubiere Warpdrive

  • Added high altitude resource scanning to deployable phased array

  • Balance: Increased Maximum allowed warp speed Alcubiere Warpdrive to 100000c

  • Balance: Increased maximum science from Computer Core

  • Balance: Limited ratio telescope experiment on Phased Array to Biome specific Low Orbit and High Orbit

  • Fixed issue where Alcubiere Warpdrive would not be able to enter warp despite being charged up.

  • Fixed critical overheating issue on Timberwind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello @FreeThinker

I detected a minor issue in the new engines KSPI-E Warpjet "S.U.R.G.E.".

Basically if you have the ship with all engines off, and then if you save it and reload the saved game again, the engine will be on.

Of-course is a minor issue but is annoying after some time, using them intensively.

Cheers!

 

Edited by pmborg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@FreeThinker I have some log issues for you, using the latest KSPIE on KSP v1.8.1

there's a drag cube error here:

[LOG 12:18:15.875] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'WarpPlugin/Parts/BeamedPower/Transmitters/OversizedMicrowaveDishTransciever/SIGINT_End/OversizedMicrowaveDishTranscieverEnd'
[ERR 12:18:15.883] DragCube: Cannot load, drag value 2'0.2072???' cannot be parsed

Thought it could be a file encoding issue but deleted and replace the comma on either side of the 0.2072 value and still get the same error. Weird

I'm getting an exception for kspiIXSCommandModule. If you don't see this, I will hunt down the mod responsible for the conflict

Spoiler

[EXC 12:45:50.814] IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    FNPlugin.FNHabitat.AssumeDragCubePosition (System.String name) (at <087942052b85401fbd144dda5b37f047>:0)
    DragCubeSystem+<RenderDragCubes>d__33.MoveNext () (at <9d71e4043e394d78a6cf9193ad011698>:0)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <5aeafee3fea24f37abd1315553f2cfa6>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
    <RenderDragCubesCoroutine>d__30:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
    <SetupDragCubeCoroutine>d__45:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
    <CompileParts>d__56:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

Also are these warnings like these harmless?

[LOG 12:17:30.156] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Electrical/gigantorXlSolarArray/gigantorXlSolarArray/largeSolarPanel'
[WRN 12:17:30.173] Part already contains  resource 'Megajoules'

[LOG 12:18:11.700] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'WarpPlugin/Parts/BeamedPower/PhasedArray/InlineWrappedPhasedArray/InlineWrappedPhasedArray/InlineWrappedPhasedArray'
[WRN 12:18:11.752] Part already contains  resource 'Megajoules'
[WRN 12:18:11.752] Part already contains  resource 'ElectricCharge'

Finally, you need to change in MunSeeker_ZZZ_RadioTelescope_contracts.cfg "KopernicusSolarPanel" to "KopernicusSolarPanels" to comply with changes made in the recent Kopernicus 1.8.1 release

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Version 1.25.13.5 for Kerbal Space Program 1.8.1 - 1.9.1

Released on 2020-04-05

  • Compatible with KSP 1.8.1 - 1.9.1
  • Replaced NSWR model and exhaust (by SpaceKiss)
  • Improved exhaust Open Cycle Gas Core Engine
  • Bugfix: Prevent Universal Mining from collecting surface regolith

9G1avWq.png

Edited by FreeThinker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/24/2020 at 11:38 PM, FreeThinker said:

Check this out:

 

This dude made a top-end interstellar mission. This is 12 out of 10.
It’s a pity that I probably won’t live up to the moment when a real interstellar probe goes flying to another star -_-

Edited by OOM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How can I figure out which propellants will be available for nozzle? I mean before researching nozzle itself or its upgrade. I see long list of almost all resources but it seems to be irrelevant and buggy (at least - double LqdCO with different ISP multipliers). And what exactly will be allowed with "When researched, allows Thermal Engines to use additional propellant" upgrade?

OmGVbJX.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2020 at 1:44 PM, Siama said:

How can I figure out which propellants will be available for nozzle? I mean before researching nozzle itself or its upgrade. I see long list of almost all resources but it seems to be irrelevant and buggy (at least - double LqdCO with different ISP multipliers). And what exactly will be allowed with "When researched, allows Thermal Engines to use additional propellant" upgrade?

OmGVbJX.png

The partinfo display any hypothetic thermal propellent, but it isn't filtered on allowered propellant. In the case od the Terriodal Airospike Nozzle, it can only function with Reducing and Neutral propellant, Carbon Monoxide is considered a neutral propellant at the temperatures it operates on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hey @FreeThinker

You may want to double check the release, I am getting missing method exceptions for the Interstellar engines. Specifically Redist.IpowerSource.get_MaxCoreTemperature using the latest release.

https://imgur.com/a/cMpF3RN

 

EDIT: The error seems to affect all nuclear engines, however the more exotic engines are not affected.

 

Edited by TheRag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, TheRag said:

Hey @FreeThinker

You may want to double check the release, I am getting missing method exceptions for the Interstellar engines. Specifically Redist.IpowerSource.get_MaxCoreTemperature using the latest release.

https://imgur.com/a/cMpF3RN

 

EDIT: The error seems to affect all nuclear engines, however the more exotic engines are not affected.

 

mmm I can't seem to reproduce that error, also that exception only makes sence if Interstellar_Redist.dll wasn't properly copied somehow. please check its date

Edited by FreeThinker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

mmm, that exception only makes sence if Interstellar_Redist.dll wasn't properly copied somehow

I used to the Curse Release specifically, I'll try the github version directly.

EDIT: It seems that that github version is affected as well. The method is inside of the plugin, let me see if I can recompile it.

Edited by TheRag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, TheRag said:

I used to the Curse Release specifically, I'll try the github version directly.

I'm assuming you are using ther 1.25.14.5 version. the ‎ Interstellar_Redist.dll  creation date should be sunday 3 may 2020, ‏‎20:00:42. Please verify

edit:perhaps an explanation is that there is another instance of this file in you ksp installation?

 

Edited by FreeThinker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I am reading 13:04 Sunday, May 3rd,  on the created date from 7-Zip.

7 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

I'm assuming you are using ther 1.25.14.5 version. the ‎ Interstellar_Redist.dll  creation date should be sunday 3 may 2020, ‏‎20:00:42. Please verify

edit:perhaps an explanation is that there is another instance of this file in you ksp installation?

 

EDIT: That is downloaded version from Curse.

Edited by TheRag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, TheRag said:

I am reading 13:04 Sunday, May 3rd,  on the created date from 7-Zip.

 

yes, my mistake, the creation date is indeed 20.04, the change date is 20.00.39

I suspect this is some sort of dll issue, I changed the contens of Interstellar_Redist.dll   but I forgot to increase its version. What might happens is that it is using an old copy of this dll. Perhaps this is only a problem on your pc, since I recall you compiled KSPIE in the past ...

Edited by FreeThinker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

yes, my mistake, the creation date is indeed 20.04, the change date is 20.00.39

Yep there seemed to be a Interstellar Redist in Photon-Sailor for some reason. Let me try it now

EDIT: I am a idiot,  I forgot to update Photon-Sailor. Sorry for the commotion over this.

 

Edited by TheRag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TheRag said:

Yep there seemed to be a Interstellar Redist in Photon-Sailor for some reason. Let me try it now

EDIT: I am a idiot,  I forgot to update Photon-Sailor. Sorry for the commotion over this.

No I should, also update Photon-Sailor, or revert the change, making them the same again, as it realy wasn't needed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well, updating Photon Sailor still caused the issue, however removing Photon Sailor caused the error to fix itself.

EDIT: Okay, I saw your post before.

Edited by TheRag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, TheRag said:

Well, updating Photon Sailor still caused the issue, however removing Photon Sailor caused the error to fix itself.

Yes explains the problem. I think I should fix it by reverting to its original, that way you don't have any weird conflicts

Edited by FreeThinker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Version 1.25.15.5 for Kerbal Space Program 1.9.1

Released on 2020-05-04

  • Compatible with KSP 1.8.1 - 1.9.1
  • Added Antimatter Radiant Drive (credits to AstroX)
  • Improved exhaust effect of Magnetic Nozzle
  • Improved exhaust effect on Daedalus Fusion Engine
  • Balance: reduced thermal heat production on Daedalus Fusion Engine
  • Balance: increased maximum isp Open Cycle Gas Core Engine
  • Balance: added actinide poisoning to Open Cycle Gas Core Engine
  • Fixed issue with Retractable Solar Panels consuming Electric Charge
  • Fixed issue with Magnetic Nozzle generating excessive waste-heat after throttling
  • Fixed issue with Power management overview not showing net change correctly when negative
  • Fixed issue where Nuclear engine potential isp what not shown when powered down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question so long story short i have a mod installed called Redirect that adds in some fuel tanks and engines and the normal fuel types are LH2 with Oxygen at the same time and with war plugin i can only have 1 of them not both at the same time. How would i add in the files it as a option i know how to edit the files and everything i just want to be sure i do it right and don't mess anything up in coding. Thank you in Advance:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have a good step by step for using the Kerbstein Drive? I'm streaming a Rocinante build series and won't be making it to the engine/reactor section for some time but I was having a heck of a time figuring out what parts/reactors/etc to use to fully make use of the Kerbstein engine. What reactors, converters, generators, resource tanks, etc will I need?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2020 at 2:35 AM, sjsharks39 said:

Does anyone have a good step by step for using the Kerbstein Drive? I'm streaming a Rocinante build series and won't be making it to the engine/reactor section for some time but I was having a heck of a time figuring out what parts/reactors/etc to use to fully make use of the Kerbstein engine. What reactors, converters, generators, resource tanks, etc will I need?

Kerbstein's engine is the Fusion engine. And this means that for it to work, first of all, you need the electricity that you will receive using ANY compatible reactor and generator to generate electricity. The more powerful the better. Equally important is the presence of many radiators to prevent throttling (which in any case will take place, but its severity will depend on the quality of cooling). And finally, a large (or not very depending on the requirements) fuel tank with liquid Deuterium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.