[1.8.1 - 1.12.2] KSP Interstellar Extended 1.29.5 Release Thread

FreeThinker

rfaMWk7.jpg

KSP Interstellar Extended (KSPIE) is a plugin for Kerbal Space Program, designed to encourage bootstrapping toward ever more advanced levels of technology as well as utilizing In-Situ resources to expand the reach of Kerbal civilization. KSP Interstellar Extended aims to continue in @Fractal_UK original KSP Interstellar vision in providing a realistic road to the stars. Players will first gain access to contemporary technologies that have not been widely applied to real space programs such as nuclear reactors, electrical generators and thermal rockets. By continuing down the CTT tech tree and performing more research, these parts can be upgraded and later surpassed by novel new technologies such as fusion and even antimatter power. We attempt to portray both the tremendous power of these technologies as well as their drawbacks, including the tremendous difficulty of obtaining resources like antimatter and the difficulties associated with storing it safely. The goal is to reward players who develop advanced infrastructure on other planets with new, novel and powerful technologies capable of helping Kerbals explore planets in new and exciting ways. The principal goal of KSP Interstellar is to expand Kerbal Space Program with interesting technologies and to provide a logical and compelling technological progression beginning with technologies that could have been available in the 1970s/1980s, then technologies that could be available within the next few years, progressing to technologies that may not be available for many decades, all the way out to speculative technologies that are physically reasonably but may or may not ever be realizable in practice. 

tumblr_inline_poy7syX7Kf1rr2wit_540.jpg tumblr_inline_poy7sy9YQF1rr2wit_540.jpg  

This is the KSPI-E release thread where we announce any releases of KSPI Extended

If you want to chat about KSP Interstellar you can do it at our  new Guilded Server   (old:  KSP Interstellar Discord Server )

For technical questions or Mod support, please ask them in the KPIE Support thread

For talk about new development and features request you have to be in the KSPI-E develpment thread

Latest Version 1.29.5 for Kerbal Space Program 1.8.1 - 1.12.2

Download older version from Here

source: GitHub

If you appreciate what I create, please consider donating me a beer

btn_donateCC_LG.gif you can donate me with PayPal or support me by Patreon

pixel.gifDownload & Installation Instructions

• step 1: remove any existing KSPI installation (GameData\WarpPlugin folder)
  • step 2: download  KSPI-E  and put the GameData in your KSP Folder (allow overwrite)

License Info

If you think I missed something, please notify me

Credits

• @Fractalfor developing the original KSP Interstellar
  • @Eleusis La Arwall for most of the new Reactors, new Power Dish transmitters and Beam generators
  • @zzzfor most of the original models/texturing
  • @Boris-Barborisfor porting KSPI to 0.90 and fixsing many bugs
  • @Northstar1989for providing theoretical basis for many of the new features in KSP Interstellar Extended
  • @SpaceMouse for Magnetic Nozzle, MHD generator and  EM drive engine
  • @EvilGeorgefor programming Solar Wind collector and ISRU processing and several other ISRU processes
  •  @Cyne   Daedalus Fusion Engine Model and Texture
  • @Arivald Ha'gel for helping to fix several issues
  • @MrNukealizer for his help in C# development work on KSPI
  • @Snjo for making the code FSFuelSwitch public available
  • Olympic1 for his help with the integration of KSPI with CTT
  • KaiserSnow for providing Icons for Integration with Filter Extension
  • InsanePlumber for converting part textures to DDS format
  • A2K For helping get KSPI-E on CKAN
  • Bishop149 for Helpi improve the Wiki and OP
  • ABZB for Helping to find many bugs and developing Mk2 EXtension Mod
  • SmallFatFetus for giving permission to use is Vasimr model
  • michaelhester07 for creating Particle Accelerator
  • NathanKell for creating ModuleRCSFX.
  • Trolllception for helping new players understand the tables on the OP and MM scripts
  • Nli2work for creating the Magneto Inertial Fusion Engine
  • @Nansuchaofor helping to create documentation and guides for KSPI-E
  • @th0th for providing Icons for the tech node
  • @Tonas1997 for proving new technode nodes

Recommended  AddonMods

Recommended Planet Packs/Star System/ Galaxy mods:

Recommend Tech Tree:

Recommended Tool mods:

Suggested Challenges:

Documentation & Tutotials

KSPI is one of the most sophisticated mods for KSP. To help you get started, you can make use of the following resources:

KERBAL INTERSTELLAR EXTENDED GUIDE

KSPI-E for Dummies

KSPI-E Guide by Nansuchao

KSPI-E  Technical Guide

KSPI-E Wiki

KSPI-E Youtube Videos:

9 part Russian Tutorial by @ThirdOfSeven

3 part EnglishTurorial by @Aaron Also:

Support

KSPI-E add support for the following mods

Edited by FreeThinker
new release

thanks for bringing this back. I actually missed two updates for 1.3.1 cause I only come here to get them and didn't realize you had moved the thread to the support forum I never look at :P Those misbehaving launch clamps were driving me nuts!! :D

11 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

thanks for bringing this back. I actually missed two updates for 1.3.1 cause I only come here to get them and didn't realize you had moved the thread to the support forum I never look at :P Those misbehaving launch clamps were driving me nuts!! :D

One of the mods had accidentally moved my release thread to support thread and converted the first post into a question.  I relealized this only later and decided it wasn't such a bad idea to have 3 thread, onle for development, one for technical and play support and a third for release issues.

Edit: the  misbehaving clamps is a bug fixed some time ago

Edited by FreeThinker

Hello! I've been trying out this mod in 1.4.2 and it plays awesome so far!

I have a couple of questions:

1- I've noticed the last antimatter reactor uses Hydrogen as well as antimatter. I know how to harvest/produce antimatter in-flight, but is it possible to produce/harvest Hydrogen? I've looked up in the wiki and i couldn't find anything.

2- I've seen a youtuber (beaucoupzero) stack several small alcubierre drives in his designs but, as the newbie i am, i fail to notice the effect of this. Does the warp speed stack with each alcubierre drive, or does it affect the craft in some other way?

On 4/12/2018 at 11:14 PM, The Rokh said:

1- I've noticed the last antimatter reactor uses Hydrogen as well as antimatter. I know how to harvest/produce antimatter in-flight, but is it possible to produce/harvest Hydrogen? I've looked up in the wiki and i couldn't find anything.

There are many ways of collecting hydrogen. The easiest is to collect it above the atmospheres. All that is needed is an air intake and isru refrigerator set on atmospheric processing.

On 4/12/2018 at 11:14 PM, The Rokh said:

2- I've seen a youtuber (beaucoupzero) stack several small alcubierre drives in his designs but, as the newbie i am, i fail to notice the effect of this. Does the warp speed stack with each alcubierre drive, or does it affect the craft in some other way?

Yes KSPIE Alcubiere warp drives stack, but for efficiency it is best to minimize the amount, meaning it is better to have one or 2 big ones than 10 small ones with the same warp strength

Edited by FreeThinker

Thanks for the response!

I stumbled upon something testing the different reactors. How do i produce/harvest positrons in flight in order to use them in the positron antimatter reactor? I can't produce it in the science lab, i can't harvest it with the antimatter collectors, and the part that produces antimatter and positrons needs anti-hydrogen, which i don't know how to gather either.

I really like that reactor because unlike antimatter, positrons are cheap and it's a great solution for shorter range spaceships. Is it possible to refuel it in-flight ATM?

21 hours ago, The Rokh said:

Thanks for the response!

I stumbled upon something testing the different reactors. How do i produce/harvest positrons in flight in order to use them in the positron antimatter reactor? I can't produce it in the science lab, i can't harvest it with the antimatter collectors, and the part that produces antimatter and positrons needs anti-hydrogen, which i don't know how to gather either.

I really like that reactor because unlike antimatter, positrons are cheap and it's a great solution for shorter range spaceships. Is it possible to refuel it in-flight ATM?

Yes, positrons are much cheaper and for most planetary exploration porposes more than sufficient.  Positron are made in the Free Electron Laser, which is also as Universal Beam Producer (except for X-rays) for beamed Power transmitters. Positron is cheaper than anti anti protons because it is easier to produce with Free Electron Laser. The disadvantage is that you cannot harvest it from a planet radiation belts. The trick is to combine both advantage to create anti hydrogen.

Edited by FreeThinker

@FreeThinker I don't know why but after update the reactors are not producing  EC any more even though they are still producing GW, MW, and, KW as they should.

I have also had a bug were disconnecting from a base or unloading and object by going out of view would cause EC to stop being generated however i could all ways fix this by quick saving and loading. Now though they have just stopped making EC altogether and I cant get it to restart at all. 

On 4/17/2018 at 5:30 AM, Lordmaddog said:

@FreeThinker I don't know why but after update the reactors are not producing  EC any more even though they are still producing GW, MW, and, KW as they should.

Not sure what the problem is in your install but it appears to work fine in my tests

3nMRIh3.png

As you can see I can provide high amount of EC power without sweat

Is there a specific way to reproduce it?

On 4/17/2018 at 5:30 AM, Lordmaddog said:

I have also had a bug were disconnecting from a base or unloading and object by going out of view would cause EC to stop being generated however i could all ways fix this by quick saving and loading.

Yes its a known bug and the work arround is indeed to quick save, quick reload after docking/undocking

Edited by FreeThinker

Ok all seems to be working ok now except my main ship 

DO6M7TY.png

It looks the changes you made some how made my radiators and my thermal rocket eat up all my power where I had  far more then enough for them before :( I'd simply make my fission reactors bigger if the ship was not half way across the solar systme lol.

Poor jeb and his brothers are stranded with me not having the tec for a rescue mission. 

actually after some testing I found that you broke the fission reactor all together some how.

in  vab its max theoretical power out put it 0 at all scales 

I2jPTss.png 

and testing it that's exactly what I get ZERO power :(  even at max size.

Edited by Lordmaddog
new info.

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised this thread is short, following still btw. Can't go interstellar, without interstellar :P

Could it be possible to integrate the docking ports of Konstruction without the other parts if the mod maker allows it? Structural integrity on star ships where the super structure is connected by docking ports has proven to be a near insurmountable problem for me on my builds, it just makes it impossible to launch the ships and build them in orbit rather than launching them in one go

May I also thank you for your message, speed has been a major concern for me given that I can't use deepfreeze for this mission, simply because there is no way to mine it on arrival and that just means I only get what I go with, I'm using the Other Worlds Mod for testing as it is far away enough to be a challenge and adds just one star, also the fact it is updated 

A new release kSPIE 1.19.1.1 is available for download from here

Changelog

* Compiled against KSP 1.4.3

* Added Mach Effect Drive by Spacemouse

* Added Increased maximum timewarp acceleration

* Added Timewarp acceleration to Vista, Z-Pinch Airospike, GasCore Engine, Magneto Inertial Fusion Engine and Plasma Nozzle

* Added Kspi Patch for Far Future Beam Core Antimatter reactor and Mirror Cell Fusion Engine

* Balance: Increased Power Beam Core Antimatter reactor to 10 TW

* Balance: Increased minimum isp Beam Core Antimatter reactor to 1/4 of max Isp

* Balance: Improve mass ratio and gee-force simulation of Anti Hydrogen Containment device

* Balance: reduced thermal wasteheat positron by 50%

* Balance: reduced mass of semi foldable radiators and improved scaling

* Fixed magnetic nozzle mass propellant deficiency

* Fixed issue with Solar Receiver not able to function when wasteheat storage is missing

* Fixed thermal-heat usage leak causing excessive wasteheat

* Fixed issue of loss of acceleration of EM drive at high time warp

* Fixed issue with Em drive causing increased vessel mass

* Fixed Solid Fuel Nuclear Reactor ability to produce power

* Fixed Version file

Edited by FreeThinker

love the mod mate, however.. um thought i might let you know.. you might of not put the decimal in the right spot on the dawn xenon engine in this release... i uhhh... noticed this while trying to move one of my satellites around.. XD o well unlimited power cheat till that gets fixed on those guys

now i might be wrong.. but something tells me this wasnt intended .. XD 

https://imgur.com/eli4MMq

Edited by stephen95s

Version 1.9.2 for Kerbal Space Program 1.4.3 can be downloaded from here

Released on 2018-05-19

• Added full 360 RCS coverage to Mack Effect engine (credits go to SpaceMouse)
  • Added long static Graphene radiator
  • Added more Chinese localization (credits Yobo Wang)
  • Added timewarp trust to Nuclear Lightbulb
  • Added antiprotons to product of QSR reaction
  • Added gee-force warnings to Antihydrogen container
  • Balance Improved mass scaling Radial Cryogenic Liquid Fuel Tank
  • Balance AntiHydrogen container will not be affected by gravity during pre launch
  • Balance Improve Mass scaling radiators
  • Fixed exhaust effect to plasma Nozzle
  • Fixed thrust of Nuclear Lightbulb in NF-E mode

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/16/2018 at 4:24 PM, xWojtoPL said:

Hey i have some problem with resizing

Why i cant resize down kerbstein engine?

Because of balance. But also the Kerbstein is based on the fusion engine of the Rocinante (from the Expanse series), which from my understanding is the smallest possible implementation of the Epstein engine.

Edited by FreeThinker

I remember before you and I were talking about the possibility of adding solar sails that can be propelled faster using lasers into KSPIE. Is this something that has been added or have you not gotten around to it? Sorry I'm just lazy and don't feel like sifting through change logs :P.

On 6/22/2018 at 4:15 AM, AndrewDrawsPrettyPictures said:

I remember before you and I were talking about the possibility of adding solar sails that can be propelled faster using lasers into KSPIE. Is this something that has been added or have you not gotten around to it? Sorry I'm just lazy and don't feel like sifting through change logs :P.

Certainly not. In fact if you had followed the development tread you would have noticed I'm close to release

pr3bdSH.png

But instead op putting it as yet another part in the KSPIE part catalog to be forgotten, I intend to make it into a stand alone mod which can interact with KSPIE when installed

Edited by FreeThinker