[1.8.1 - 1.12.2] KSP Interstellar Extended 1.29.5 Release Thread

FreeThinker

10 minutes ago, pmborg said:

I shared the spaceship, here:

https://kerbalx.com/pmborg/10millionDv-v21

I have both instances of KSP from yesterday and today full "copy".

Let me know if more tests or screen shots are needed.

In the old picture I see you have 1000 ton of fusion fuel while in the later picture you have only 33 ton of fusion fuel, big difference

Edited by FreeThinker

I concluded that the problem is not the engine, because the results on that ship with 2 parts are equal.

But with the all ship there is a big difference...

Once I have 3 monitors I am loading the 2 instances of KSP at the same time "before" and "after" upgrade :)

PdTFDLa.png

A print screen now of the 3 monitors:

• Left side instance of yesterday.
  • Middle, instance of today.
  • Right monitor both installation directories.

Tomorrow I will discover what is going on... :) I hope with some trouble shooting.

19 hours ago, pmborg said:

I concluded that the problem is not the engine, because the results on that ship with 2 parts are equal.

But with the all ship there is a big difference...

Once I have 3 monitors I am loading the 2 instances of KSP at the same time "before" and "after" upgrade :)

PdTFDLa.png

A print screen now of the 3 monitors:

• Left side instance of yesterday.
  • Middle, instance of today.
  • Right monitor both installation directories.

Tomorrow I will discover what is going on... :) I hope with some trouble shooting.

Clearly its a staging issue, I notice that the second vessel uses 3 stages while the former uses 2, and the second stage where yoo use the fusion engine is only 40 ton, meaning its has only access to a limmited amount of fuel

Edited by FreeThinker

On 7/23/2019 at 7:55 AM, fragtzack said:

Seems that the latest release caused the Convert-O-Tron-250 to no longer provide the option to produce Liquid Fuel. Was working yesterday before installing this latest version.

screenshot

To my knowledge I haven't changed anything about th Convert-O-Tron-250. I have explicitely avoided any change and rather intoduce a seperate ISRU Converter.

625B7B7CC284D45287388A2E1CD5D000F16BE076

Clearly this is not caused by KSPIE but rather a mod like

Edited by FreeThinker

After so many hours trying to debug the issue, I give up, and just simple re-install "KSP-Interstellar-Extended" it using CKAN, the conflicts were resolved.

Solution:

Was to uninstall:

• InterstellarFuelSwitch
  • KSP-Interstellar-Extended

And reinstall again using CKAN:

• InterstellarFuelSwitch
  • KSP-Interstellar-Extended

Thanks for your support time!

Now I can concentrate again in a new interstellar Space-Ship and enjoy the new version! :)

Version 1.22.2.4 for Kerbal Space Program 1.7.3

Released on 2019-07-26

• Added Plasma Exhaust Effect to Plasma Wakefield Accelerator
  • Balance Allow Plasma Wakefield Accelerator to be scaled down to 1.25m
  • Balance Allow Daedalus to be scaled down to 2.5m base at reduced thrust and isp efficiency
  • Fixed Max Power output Photovoltaic when Tweakscaled
  • Fixed Plasma Wakefield Accelerator Gear tech with part unlocking tech
  • Fixed NERVA producing exhaust effect without functioning
  • Fixed Power Efficiency loss due to Atmospheric Plasma Heating
Edited by FreeThinker

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.22.5 for Kerbal Space Program 1.3.1, 1.4.5, 1.5.1, 1.6.1, 1.7.3

Released on 2019-08-09

• Added new Icons for several High Technodes in the KSPIE extended CTT (by Tonas1997)
  • Added Full Persistent SAS support to electric engines and thermal and plasma nozzles
  • Added Science Tech leveled Storage bonus to Science Lab
  • Added New Science Tech Icons (credits by Tonas1997)
  • Added Tweaks for Unkerberbaled techtree
  • Added GroundContruction Workskopability to Centrifuge Habitat
  • Added Graphene overheating resistance during descent
  • Added Advanced Mobile Lab
  • Added Aditional Chinese Localization
  • Added Ultra Density Deuterium Fusion Mode to Tri Alpha
  • Added Performance boost for Atmospheric Thermal Propulsion Modes when connected with precooler
  • Balance: Extreme Density Fusion Reactions technode to Ultra-High-Density Fusion Reactions
  • Balance: Made Thermal Electric Effect Generator unlocked with Nuclear Power and lowered efficiency
  • Balance: Renamed Kerbstein into "Rocinante" Epstein Fusion Drive and replaced main fuel Lithium Hydrate by LqdDeuterium
  • Balance: Renamed Solid Fission Reactor to Liquid Methal Cooled Reactor and increased initial Core Temperature
  • Fixed electric-only vessels incapability to generate electric power
  • Fixed NERVA fuel mode selected, limiting it to neutral and reducing propellants (by Tomas Brada)
  • Fixed issue with Thermal Nozzle when not connected to a reactor

9 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Version 1.22.5 for Kerbal Space Program 1.3.1, 1.4.5, 1.5.1, 1.6.1, 1.7.3

Released on 2019-08-09

• Added new Icons for several High Technodes in the KSPIE extended CTT (by Tonas1997)
  • Added Full Persistent SAS support to electric engines and thermal and plasma nozzles
  • Added Science Tech leveled Storage bonus to Science Lab
  • Added New Science Tech Icons (credits by Tonas1997)
  • Added Tweaks for Unkerberbaled techtree
  • Added GroundContruction Workskopability to Centrifuge Habitat
  • Added Graphene overheating resistance during descent
  • Added Advanced Mobile Lab
  • Added Aditional Chinese Localization
  • Added Ultra Density Deuterium Fusion Mode to Tri Alpha
  • Added Performance boost for Atmospheric Thermal Propulsion Modes when connected with precooler
  • Balance: Extreme Density Fusion Reactions technode to Ultra-High-Density Fusion Reactions
  • Balance: Made Thermal Electric Effect Generator unlocked with Nuclear Power and lowered efficiency
  • Balance: Renamed Kerbstein into "Rocinante" Epstein Fusion Drive and replaced main fuel Lithium Hydrate by LqdDeuterium
  • Balance: Renamed Solid Fission Reactor to Liquid Methal Cooled Reactor and increased initial Core Temperature
  • Fixed electric-only vessels incapability to generate electric power
  • Fixed NERVA fuel mode selected, limiting it to neutral and reducing propellants (by Tomas Brada)
  • Fixed issue with Thermal Nozzle when not connected to a reactor

I just tested the same craft I used a few days ago. It now reached 3300m/s before running out of fuel ( 2x m.a.t.t.o.c.k engine and 1x SCRamjet from mk2x). Having no issue with heat at all now. :)

I'm kinda wondering what the "missing pre cooler ratio" refers to though? It's shown on both the engines and pre coolers. 

52 minutes ago, OOM said:

Is this the liquid metal reactor I requested? Gods is cool!

f5c1352b918746dee8dbce72fe16172a.jpg

Its actual an existing part model made by @SpaceMouse, but it had un uninspiring name (Solid Fuel Fission Reactor) and found the liquid metal reactor  a logical predecessor of the Liquid Fuel Molten Salt Reactor, they are both offer relatively high temperatures, which is pretty much required in space i you want any serious power production

Edited by FreeThinker

Version 1.22.6 available for Kerbal Space Program 1.7.3

Released on 2019-08-17

• Added Extreme Nuclear Propulsion Tech Node
  • Added addition tech dependencies to UnkerbalizedStart Tech Tree
  • Added Icon for Artificial intelligence (by Tonas1997)
  • Added downsized scalable Daedalus InerstialFUsion Engine with exhaust effects which also function during timewarp (requires installation Far Future Technology)
  • Balance: Doubled thrust on Kerbstein
  • Fixed problem of a nuclear reactor or nuclear engine not able to startup when disabled at startup
  • Fixed Issue where duplicate technodes or upgrade nodes could hang KSP during startup
  • Fixed exception spam caused by Radiators in VAB
  • Fixed Orbital Universal Docking Poer ability to function independently without external transmitter
  • Fixed excessive drag with Flat Graphene/Titanium Radiator in atmosphere
  • Fixed excessive drag with Alcubiere Warpdrives in atmosphere
  • Fixed persistent SAS assisted thrust tolerance

54 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Released on 2019-08-17

• Added downsized scalable Daedalus InerstialFUsion Engine with exhaust effects which also function during timewarp (requires installation Far Future Technology)
  • Fixed problem of a nuclear reactor or nuclear engine not able to startup when disabled at startup
  • Fixed Issue where duplicate technodes or upgrade nodes could hang KSP during startup
  • Fixed Orbital Universal Docking Poer ability to function independently without external transmitter

Hello,

The provided link 1.7.3 don't work, I get a blank page.

Edited by pmborg

14 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Released on 2019-08-17

I do not understand, that is, Far Future Technology and Interstellar are compatible? I always thought that FFT is an arcade version of Interstellar, and installing them will lead to misunderstandings.

2 hours ago, OOM said:

I do not understand, that is, Far Future Technology and Interstellar are compatible? I always thought that FFT is an arcade version of Interstellar, and installing them will lead to misunderstandings.

well vanilla FFT engines are indeed more arcade, but a lot can be fixed with a module manager script. KSPIE already contains a  partial MM which I intend to extend t all engines allowing you to play with all FTT models with KSPIE balance.

Edited by FreeThinker

So, try as I might, I cannot figure out how to deploy the Particle Accelerator Centrifuge.  I don't see any kind of "deploy" option on the PAW, and while I can start the reactor process, nothing I do makes it turn into a wheel.  Am I missing something?

7 hours ago, eddiebar said:

I am having issues getting communications across multiple star systems, are the com satellites able to reach that far and if they can someone please explain how they work as I am having issues using them. thanks

What are you using as the transmitter and what is the transmit distance

6 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Version 1.22.8.4 for Kerbal Space Program 1.7.3

Released on 2019-08-18

• Added exhaust effect during timewarp to Pure Fusion Engines

• Fixed Orbital Universal Dockingport ability to function independently without external transmitter

• Fixed double electric charge production by solar panels

• Fixed Persistent Thrust of Fusion Engines

Hello,

All the improvement look fantastic but please note that this release is not retro compatible with "old" "deadlus engine" because now there is only a  "deadlus engine2"

q2CFkrT.png

Is this really the idea? I will have to update my ships now with notepad++ to make them compatible with this version.

Edited by pmborg