[1.8.1 - 1.12.2] KSP Interstellar Extended 1.29.5 Release Thread

FreeThinker

6 hours ago, sergozzz said:

Hello some trouble with loading game with this mod. It is stopping on loading command centers. If i just delete this game normally loading withot command pods

H70JaMxAhys.jpg

Issue with kerbalism I think. There was an easy patch for it but I cant remember. That part isnnt that important vanyways. Ill edit this if I remember what the fix was, sorry

Version 1.25.27 for Kerbal Space Program 1.8.1 - 1.10.1

Released on 2020-09-22

• Added Artificial Consciousness Tech node
  • Added Ground station functionality to Artificial Intelligent probe cores
  • Added reputation loss when Artificial Intelligence dies
  • Balance: increased tech requirement Computer Core, iHall, iHall Sensor
  • Balance: reduced thrust Super NSWR by 50%
  • Fixed issue with electric engine have exhaust while not having any thrust
  • Fixed issue with Command Dome hanging with Kerbalism
  • Fixed many spelling errors in English localization
Edited by FreeThinker

16 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Version 1.25.27 for Kerbal Space Program 1.8.1 - 1.10.1

Released on 2020-09-22

• Added Artificial Consciousness Tech node
  • Added Ground station functionality to Artificial Intelligent probe cores
  • Added reputation loss when Artificial Intelligence dies
  • Balance: increased tech requirement Computer Core, iHall, iHall Sensor
  • Balance: reduced thrust Super NSWR by 50%
  • Fixed issue with electric engine have exhaust while not having any thrust
  • Fixed issue with Command Dome hanging with Kerbalism
  • Fixed many spelling errors in English localization

Humanly. Artificial intelligence wants to live too )))

You mean: Hail HAL? Or just "HA(i)L", to make it more efficient, more machine-like. Let's not waste bits and bytes.

Fixed issue with Command Dome hanging with Kerbalism

:wub: I finally have a reason to use it (in Kerbalism, that is) :)

On 9/26/2020 at 7:17 PM, MassoudGL said:

So super noob question but I haven't been able to find any reliable videos or guides: What's the point of lasers? I understand beamed power in microwave, that's as far in the career I am. But what purpose to lasers fulfil?

Lasers are way more compact and can achieve higher frecuencies in general. If you want a good beamed power tutorial, check out Jhook777 on youtube, @OOM`s guide here in the forums (Idk exactly in which thread) or ask me, Im quite the TeacherMC with that stuff in the Discord server XD.
In a nutshell, microwaves suck in most cases, and only really useful in first stage boosters.

4 hours ago, AntaresMC said:

Lasers are way more compact and can achieve higher frecuencies in general. If you want a good beamed power tutorial, check out Jhook777 on youtube, @OOM`s guide here in the forums (Idk exactly in which thread) or ask me, Im quite the TeacherMC with that stuff in the Discord server XD.
In a nutshell, microwaves suck in most cases, and only really useful in first stage boosters.

Ah sounds good thanks!

Also I've noticed I can't get the Dawn thruster to work at all. It has Xenon Gas tank, Xenon Gas setting on engine, 3 of the biggest solar panels and batteries. But nothing is happening at all. If I have inline thermal receiver and microwave on the ground, there's some power. But otherwise no thrust.

Edit: I need reactors don't I? And the dawn engine is not good at all is it?

Edited by MassoudGL

Version 1.25.29 for Kerbal Space Program 1.8.1 - 1.10.1

Released on 2020-10-01

• Added FussionPellet storage to Hexcan Modular Liquid Storage
  • Balance: increased power cost fusion pellet production
  • Fixed issue with antimatter containers costing excessive when not fully upgraded
  • Fixed negative and excessive empty cost on antimatter storage devices
  • Fixed power issue with Universal Crust Extractor
Edited by FreeThinker

On 9/28/2020 at 12:58 AM, MassoudGL said:

Ah sounds good thanks!

Also I've noticed I can't get the Dawn thruster to work at all. It has Xenon Gas tank, Xenon Gas setting on engine, 3 of the biggest solar panels and batteries. But nothing is happening at all. If I have inline thermal receiver and microwave on the ground, there's some power. But otherwise no thrust.

Edit: I need reactors don't I? And the dawn engine is not good at all is it?

you need a lot of power for it and some wasteHeat dissiàtion. And yes, its trash.
If you want healty TWRs forget this engine use beamed power or use it on bursts with a Li-Air battery as a buffer

On 10/5/2020 at 1:31 PM, AntaresMC said:

you need a lot of power for it and some wasteHeat dissiàtion. And yes, its trash.
If you want healty TWRs forget this engine use beamed power or use it on bursts with a Li-Air battery as a buffer

Thanks!

Also why does it seem like the nuke engines (timberwind for example) have a lot higher thermal power output than normal reactors? Is this offset by the higher efficiency of separate generators vs. built in ones? Like why would I use a pebble bed + thermal nozzle instead of a timberwind?

On 10/7/2020 at 5:30 AM, MassoudGL said:

Thanks!

Also why does it seem like the nuke engines (timberwind for example) have a lot higher thermal power output than normal reactors? Is this offset by the higher efficiency of separate generators vs. built in ones? Like why would I use a pebble bed + thermal nozzle instead of a timberwind?

The timbewind cant have a reactor attached and is exclusively an engine. Also its trash in atmo

Version 1.25.31 for Kerbal Space Program 1.8.1 - 1.10.1

Released on 2020-10-09

• fixes an issue with electric engines not providing any exhaust effects
  • fixes the issue with solar panels not providing power when batteries are fully charged causing electric engines not to function
  • fixes the issue with Electric engines providing a tiny amount of power when unpowered
  • fixes the issue with the electric engine providing exhaust effect while unpowered
  • improved description blanket and circular rectennas
  • improved ISRU partinfo

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, bit of a noob as far as KSPIE goes. I'm going through my first career playthrough with the mod and had a question about the "rocinante" epstein drive. It says it produces UDD in the engine, but the rate at which its produced is seemingly very low.  0.92 UDD/hr at max load. Is there something I can do to speed this up, or is this just an inherent trait that cannot be helped. Seems to me like it would make the engine not super viable if you have to wait a very long time to "recharge" fuel before firing again for a short period of time. Thanks for the help! 

11 hours ago, basherboy516 said:

Hello, bit of a noob as far as KSPIE goes. I'm going through my first career playthrough with the mod and had a question about the "rocinante" epstein drive. It says it produces UDD in the engine, but the rate at which its produced is seemingly very low.  0.92 UDD/hr at max load. Is there something I can do to speed this up, or is this just an inherent trait that cannot be helped. Seems to me like it would make the engine not super viable if you have to wait a very long time to "recharge" fuel before firing again for a short period of time. Thanks for the help! 

It cant be helped, but it lasts quite a while, enough to do most burns in one go, unless you are constantly point-and-burn-ing, then youll have to throttle down, stop or have extra unused engines producing

Edited by AntaresMC

• 1 month later...

Version 1.26.5 for Kerbal Space Program for KSP 1.8.1 - 1.10.1

Released on 2020-12-03

• Improved interfaces part context menu (by Peter Han)
  • Improved electric RCS. Now stores the correct amount of power in NF mode and can draw from supercapacitors. (by SernisD)
  • Improved convection and Heat transfer coefficients
  • Added RealAntanna support (by SernisD)
  • Added USI Life Support configurations to the command pods. Values were taken from similar parts in stock or MKS where possible. (by SernisD)
  • Added info sections for fission generator adapters and solar panel adapters.
  • Added configuration of all internally used resources
  • Added ability to stack Terroidal tanks
  • Added solarwind as an alternative fuel source for Hydrogen in Fusion Reactions
  • Fixed wasteheat issue in Near Future Adapter (by Peter Han)
  • Fix some typos in the localization for fields
  • Fixed KSPIE compatibility with Near Future Fission Reactor
  • Fixed a time warp bug in drills. Fix a silly bug in antimatter storage container power consumption.
  • Fixed issue where SolidHydrogn was not used in some fusion modes
  • Fixed issue with Precooler overheating during reentry
  • Fixed some missing definitions in config files

22 minutes ago, NateTheGreat said:

I found a glitch I'm in science I try to research something it wont let me when it should there no button to research 

I can't reproduce your issue. Please check the logs if you see any major exceptions at the last rows

Edited by FreeThinker

Version 1.26.7 for Kerbal Space Program 1.8.1 - 1.10.1

Released on 2020-12-12

• Added Beamed Power Reciever  to VAB Thermal Planner wasteheat calculation
  • Added Fusion Engines to VAB Thermal Planner wasteheat calculation
  • Added Wasteheat buffer to Daedalus
  • Balance: Increase wasteheat production by Daedalus Fusion engine
  • Fixed Wasteheat Tweakscale representation in VAB
Edited by FreeThinker

Version 1.26.9 for Kerbal Space Program 1.8.1 - 1.11.0

Released on 2020-12-19

• Compiled against KSP 1.8.1