Jump to content

[1.8.1 - 1.12.1] KSP Interstellar Extended 1.29.2 Release Thread


FreeThinker
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Nice video, we need more of that. I added the video to the OP

Thank you! And, wow awesome! 

5 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Btw, notice the Alcubiere Warpdrive can also be used to redevous with any target, simply select as a target, and head streight for it. It will automaticly jump out of warp at the exact moment, it is the closest to the target and it orbit will perfectly match with the target.  After that its just a matter of applying some RCS to dock with it.  Notice the auto dropping out will also work when traveling to any planet, it will even automaticly slow down and prevent you from flying into the planet and atmosphere.

That is super cool! Absolutely going to lead with that in the next tutorial. I'll also try to address the [many] errors I made in this one.  Next one is to be on the magnetic scoop. That is a fun and interesting device. I'll try to make it a little shorter in length. cheers!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jhook777 said:

Thank you! And, wow awesome! 

That is super cool! Absolutely going to lead with that in the next tutorial. I'll also try to address the [many] errors I made in this one.  Next one is to be on the magnetic scoop. That is a fun and interesting device. I'll try to make it a little shorter in length. cheers!

Cool. Hey I have a little challange for you. Try to visit every celestrial body in the stock Kerbol  system in lthe lowest amount of time. It should be possible to in less than 10 minutes. The trick will be to navigate the most optimal path between all bodies and don't be afraid use the MAX speed button

Edited by FreeThinker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello @FreeThinker,

Until now I have beginning using the Kerbstein engine in (KspiEpstein, but now for the first time am also trying to use KspiEpsteinUDD) there is any fundamental change in those besides the fuel?

Because after a few seconds of use the power drop to 1/3 I am still trying to find a way avoid this, I think that maybe is related with megajules or wastheat?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, pmborg said:

Hello @FreeThinker,

Until now I have beginning using the Kerbstein engine in (KspiEpstein, but now for the first time am also trying to use KspiEpsteinUDD) there is any fundamental change in those besides the fuel?

Because after a few seconds of use the power drop to 1/3 I am still trying to find a way avoid this, I think that maybe is related with megajules or wastheat?

Most likely Wasteheat as it requires no power

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am trying to do a crazy challenge take of from kerbin at "10g" of gravity and land  on eve the ship actually worked very well but I noticed that strange behavior:

 

Before:

3Hp84Vs.png

 

After a few seconds:

6CPDuOc.png

 

Full Video:

 

Edited by pmborg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/20/2019 at 3:20 PM, FreeThinker said:

Cool. Hey I have a little challange for you. Try to visit every celestrial body in the stock Kerbol  system in lthe lowest amount of time. It should be possible to in less than 10 minutes. The trick will be to navigate the most optimal path between all bodies and don't be afraid use the MAX speed button

Challenge accepted! This should be fun. Question: Does it have to be a brand new ship launched from the pad on Kerbin or can it be a ship already in orbit around a body (counting that body as the starting point)? Because if it can be a ship I already have... I think I have a good candidate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Problem solved, with your hint thanks once again:

- removed the nuclear reactor once computer core have one in his core

- doubled the size of radiators

- doubled the radiators

Fusion Ratio: 0.984569 is very acceptable :)

fuxCQX7.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, jhook777 said:

Challenge accepted! This should be fun. Question: Does it have to be a brand new ship launched from the pad on Kerbin or can it be a ship already in orbit around a body (counting that body as the starting point)? Because if it can be a ship I already have... I think I have a good candidate.

Launches are nothing special. Starting and finish point will be Kerbin low orbit

Edited by FreeThinker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Version 1.23.5 for Kerbal Space Program 1.3.1, 1.4.5, 1.5.1, 1.6.1, 1.7.3

Released on 2019-09-30

  • Added Passive radiators to backside Solar Thermal Power Mirror Receiver
  • Added Hibernation and Improved communication range on Orbital Assembly Docking Ports
  • Added Power requirement to Universal LFO engine
  • Added overview Atmospheric absorption to Free Electron Laser VAB part info
  • Balance: increased maximum temperature Plasma Antimatter Power Reactor
  • Balance: allow Habitat ring to be scaled up to 5m diameter
  • Fixed Fairing on Solar Thermal Power Mirror Receiver and cleaned interface
  • Fixed Positron antimatter Storage Ring costs and grouped them together in Power management Overview window
  • Fixed Radial Convection Radiator submerged convection bonus
Edited by FreeThinker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, FreeThinker said:

Version 1.23.5 for Kerbal Space Program 1.3.1, 1.4.5, 1.5.1, 1.6.1, 1.7.3

Released on 2019-09-30

  • Added Passive radiators to backside Solar Thermal Power Mirror Receiver
  • Added Hibernation and Improved communication range on Orbital Assembly Docking Ports
  • Added Power requirement to Universal LFO engine
  • Added overview Atmospheric absorption to Free Electron Laser VAB part info
  • Balance: increased maximum temperature Plasma Antimatter Power Reactor
  • Balance: allow Habitat ring to be scaled up to 5m diameter
  • Fixed Fairing on Solar Thermal Power Mirror Receiver and cleaned interface
  • Fixed Positron antimatter Storage Ring costs and grouped them together in Power management Overview window
  • Fixed Radial Convection Radiator submerged convection bonus

Wow thank you for the update! You rock! One tiny thing though. While the charging issue is for sure fixed, as far as I can tell, the warp trail is persistent on any vessel with two alcubierre drives. I tested with the folding and large warp drives, having two on the vessel causes the warp trail to show up (and extend far into the distance) whether the drive is active or not. It's just there. It does not appear to affect anything, gameplay wise, it's like a graphical glitch or something. 

I reverted back to 1.23.1 and the issue does not exist there (but the charging issue does) and also 1.23.4 has the persistent warp trail as well. Back to 1.23.5, still there. Appears on newly loaded vessels as well as those that were already in play.

4EE3B782013964C30FB5B50363330DDB4A190812

I have EVE and Scatterer installed, could it be a conflict with one of those visual mods? Is there a way to toggle the effect on and off, by chance? Let me know if you need more info. 

Thank you again for the update!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/1/2019 at 5:15 PM, FreeThinker said:

Great video, but was it intended to crash on the planet?

 

On 10/2/2019 at 8:12 AM, Nansuchao said:

Wonderful video, bad landing tough.

So what happened was I ended up losing control of the vessel and the game itself. Nothing worked, not staging, not parachutes, not quick loading! I was able to eva one of the kerbals, thinking I'd be able to deploy chutes and save them, but I had no control over the kerbal as well. Couldn't switch vessels or anything. After the crash, I couldn't even open the escape menu. Game stuck, had to reload. So no, wasn't meant to crash but circumstance and laziness prevented me from doing a retake. 

It's a thing that has happened to me in kerbal before. Not an interstellar bug as it's happened without the mod even installed. Just cost of doing business when playing ksp and I figured it went with the theme of O Fortuna so... yeah, I left it in :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

KSPIE Version 1.23.8 for Kerbal Space Program 1.3.1. 1.4.5, 1.5.1, 1.6.1, 1.7.3

Released on 2019-10-12

  • Added Ability AutoStrut and RigidAttachment to be used always in flight (during time warp)
  • Added Rutherford Electric Pump Fed Engine
  • Added Battery Power Generator for IFS Super Lithium Battery and Lithium-Air Battery
  • Fixed Thermal Nozzle Action Group switching
  • Fixed Alcubiere Warpdrive causing antimatter storage to explode or cause increased power usage.
  • Fixed Issie where Solar cells would produce negative power when Realism Overhaul installed
  • Fixed Thermal Receiver startup by engine staging
  • Fixed Thermal Receiver powering of the thermal nozzle
  • Fixed Thermal Nozzle exploding at startup at full power
Edited by FreeThinker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/1/2019 at 9:05 PM, jhook777 said:

Not a tutorial, just a tribute. The resolution was too low to use as a tutorial. A thousand, million, trillion blessings on you @FreeThinker. You are the best.

 

This is how every spaceship in Star Wars works. Very convenient, I agree.

Edited by OOM
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/13/2019 at 2:52 AM, OOM said:

This is how every spaceship in Star Wars works. Very convenient, I agree.

I love this! The whole time I was making it I was thinking, "I want this thing to work like something right out of star wars." (minus the pew pew) Thank you for the compliment!

Ps: I've since gotten better at sticking the landing with these type of crafts :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A new Beta is a available at : KSPIE 1.23.9 for KSP 1.7.3

 

Changelog

* Added cheat to disable prevention of poisoning homeworld with radioactive exhaust (AgentIgnoreContracts)

* Added improved power balancing for electric engine combination with nuclear reactors

* Fixed gear tech requirement, tweakscale and gimbal om  Electrodeless Lorentz Force (ELF) Thruster

Edited by FreeThinker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...