[1.8.1 - 1.12.2] KSP Interstellar Extended 1.29.5 Release Thread

FreeThinker

Hello. A month ago, I wrote in the support thread about the inoperative function of changing the nuclear fusion mode (swap fuel)
After downloading KSP-I 1.29.5 (I am using KSP 1.12), the problem still remains. I don’t know how long ago it appeared, but when you try to switch the fuel mode (whether it be a reactor or a NERVA-type engine), some kind of error occurs.
Using the LMCR example, I want to change the Uranium-238 TVR to Plutonium TVR. As soon as I press "Swap Fules" - the part is completely unusable.

Spoiler

Kerbal-Space-Program-Screenshot-2021-11-

After applying swap fuel

Spoiler

Kerbal-Space-Program-Screenshot-2021-11-

Same with other parts
My GameData (Clean install)

Spoiler

image.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is it possible to use ElectricEngineControllerFX to allow ion engines from other mods or stock to work during time warp? Most of them work quite simply (just regular engines accepting xenon and electric charge as propellants), but I can't find any documentation for this module :/

Ideally I would be using PersistentThrust, but the mod seems a bit broken in 1.10...

Edited by Tonas1997

• 3 weeks later...

The stock ion engine is completely broken for me. I have electric charge AND xenon, but when I activate the engine, literally nothing happens. No electricity or xenon is consumed, kerbal engineer says I have 0 delta-V, and my orbit doesn't change whatsoever. The only way I even know the engine is activated is from the blue glow.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello KSP Community,

could somebody please look at my screenshot and tell me what I am doing wrong? The Engine is supposed to produce 160kN of force while in vacuum and fully throttled, but I am getting only a fraction of it. I know that the generator can not supply the full 6MW (which the engine has as the maximum energy intake and I assume are needed to get the full force), but the batteries are fully charged and should be able to supply this at least temporarily? (But the batteries seem to have no impact at all, removing them still gives me the same engine power)

xq6eww07eid81.png?width=2560&format=png&auto=webp&s=cd50ead194be37336dce4f2eb0ac817f81196623

• 4 weeks later...

Is there any one up-to-date guide on this mod? It seems like all of the ones linked are unfinished, and the wiki is missing large amounts of linked pages. 
Also, how do I get rid of the microwave/beamed power parts? I'm probably not ever going to use them.

12 hours ago, Garuda said:

Is there any one up-to-date guide on this mod? It seems like all of the ones linked are unfinished, and the wiki is missing large amounts of linked pages. 
Also, how do I get rid of the microwave/beamed power parts? I'm probably not ever going to use them.

on the suport tread there are links to more resent guides

Can anyone please make interstellar extended for KSP 1.12.3?

or is there already another mod for it?

i just want to feel the interstellar life in KSP

or is there already a version of it here?

if there is please send me the link asap.

Edited by tgk_0072
had to add an extra question

• 1 month later...
On 8/3/2021 at 7:46 PM, GoAHead said:

i have a strange problem with the halberd engine.

the engine is available in the partselector  when  the game is newly loaded. After i selected it and doing a new search with the partmanager it disappers. i also tried to find it again  using The Janitor's Closet and filter on Warp Mod but it is gone.

Loading a vessel with the engine on it works as intended also when the part isn't available anymore within the partselector. reloading the game makes the engine to appear again in the partselector

i looked for some errors in the log but couldn't find something.  has anybody of you expertienced the same issue or something similar?

I'm running into this issue, too.  I do have a line in my KSP.log, but it just says:

[LOG 19:12:08.176] deleting part kspiHalberd

Nothing above or below that seems related and I'm not sure the timestamp actually corresponds to when it happened.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm using KSPIE and Cryogenic Engines, Unfortunatelly KSPIE is causing issues with fuels and I'm missing Liquid Methane + Oxidizer. Removing it is not an option because it breaks my game many parts are in use. I removed the ResourcesConfig and Resources folders and fuels work properly but I get errors in game. 
Any proper way to fix this?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I wanted to make note that the Atmospheric scoops aren't working, I've looked that the fourms and it says to use an Atmospheric intake but not the stock one, I've used all but stock and there's no atmo scoop in your mod, how do I properly use it? also everytime I load the scoop in, it says it's "offline" and "closed"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/12/2022 at 11:42 AM, alphaprior said:

I'm using KSPIE and Cryogenic Engines, Unfortunatelly KSPIE is causing issues with fuels and I'm missing Liquid Methane + Oxidizer. Removing it is not an option because it breaks my game many parts are in use. I removed the ResourcesConfig and Resources folders and fuels work properly but I get errors in game. 
Any proper way to fix this?

I have the same Issue, my LH2/Ox Tanks get all messed up, can't use the engines using those fuels

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

I am having an issue with the Metallic Hydrogen engines, Specifically GX-220. I have KER installed and it will state a certain TWR and delta V. if I calculate the values, KER values match what is expected. For some reason the stock game's staging menu only states like 1/5 values for TWR and Delta-V. Is there a way to fix this issue?

Thanks!

Edit: I did some math this morning. Turns out that KER is looking at the Metallic Hydrogen ISP of 1700, not the combined ISP. I figured this out by changing the MH ISP to 1034s and that  ISP showed up in KER menu. but then the engine only performed at the mix of 1034 and 400 which is incorrect, so I changed it back. Not sure how to fix that in KER so I just wrote up an excel file to calculate the values to fine-tune my numbers. Still not sure why the KSP program is giving a small TWR but maybe its only looking at the Liquid Hydrogen Thrust? luckily, the actual TWR is used not the value shown in the stock menu.

If anyone know how to change the KER file to look at the correct ISP that would be helpful. Otherwise, I will just use what I have now. 

Edited by markusaurelius376

Hello.

I found a bug with methane engine upgrade. When I unlock first upgrade related to this engine it thrust drops to 300 kN instead of increasing.

Step by step with pics:

Spoiler

I have plain unupgraded methane engine methane-eng-1.jpg

It could be installed on and works as intended methane-eng-2.jpg

But if when I unlock node that contain engine upgrade: methane-eng-3.jpg

Then its max thrust drops dramaticaly (in should raise to 2100 instead according to actual .cfg file)   methane-eng-4.jpg

It also could be not a specific methane engine bug but more general error in parts upgrade code.

Thank you for your attention, KSPI in general is still the most "believeable" and enjoyable mod.