Looking for a Modeler

Greetings,

I'm looking for someone familiar with modeling to modify Porkjet's PartOverhauls models. The source models are in .fbx format.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/files/PartOverhauls.zip

Scope

• Create KSP model files (.mu) for each engine that has shroud/fairing renamed to porkjet_fairing and boattail separated into its own mesh named porkjet_boattail.

So if I am understanding correctly, you want the fairing object of the model within the model's hierarchy to be renamed to boattail?

Also, I haven't looked yet but the fairing must already be a separate mesh or it would not be able to be a fairing?

33 minutes ago, bcink said:

So if I am understanding correctly, you want the fairing object of the model within the model's hierarchy to be renamed to boattail?

Also, I haven't looked yet but the fairing must already be a separate mesh or it would not be able to be a fairing?

No...

Here is what we have:

Engine Model A: "fairing" is separate mesh
Engine Model A Boattail: "fairing" is separate mesh, boattail is built-in

What I want:

Engine Model A: "fairing" mesh renamed to "porkjet_fairing", and boattail separated into its own mesh named "porkjet_boattail"

Thus, we combine two .mu models into one and the fairings and boattails meshes have a unique name per artist. This way, we could also have ven_fairing and ven_boattail and be able to combine it all into a single part with variants.

1 hour ago, Electrocutor said:

Engine Model A: "fairing" mesh renamed to "porkjet_fairing", and boattail separated into its own mesh named "porkjet_boattail"

To me, it looks like the models themselves are too different from each other for this to work properly. Even moving the model from the boat tail and placing it over the engine does not look proper...

7sEoBGh.png

14 hours ago, bcink said:

To me, it looks like the models themselves are too different from each other for this to work properly. Even moving the model from the boat tail and placing it over the engine does not look proper...

7sEoBGh.png

If you remove the engine part from the boattail model and only put the bottail mesh into the original engine model (covering up most of the bell), would it work? If it's truly not doable, then simply making the fairing mesh uniquely named would be able to at least make it work: f.e. porkjet_fairing for main and porkjet_fairing_boattail for the bottailed version.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.