Add "Force control" to cheat menu

5 minutes ago, Capt. Hunt said:

why would you need to do that?

when I crash something and get something that looks like it could be fun to drive, for example, today when I broke off a body of a plane because of reentry heat but a single engine and wings on it remained and I wondered if it could still fly. Or you could possibly make ridiculously short crafts without needing to attach a probecore

Edited by Numerlor

This could be very useful for those times when you forget to extend your deployable antennae. I know that's happened to me enough times to make me wish for a quick cheat for it, rather than have to open the settings menu, turn off communications, deploy the antennae, then go back to the settings menu to turn comms back on.
A very good idea; I'm all for it. :) 

2 hours ago, CommanderSmith said:

This could be very useful for those times when you forget to extend your deployable antennae

You can already do this in settings, the "require connection for probe control".  Or some sort language.    But the point of having that setting turned on is to force you to remember to do such things.  If you want a cheat to quickly flip on and off, then there's no real point in having the setting enabled in the first place. 

You can already do this in settings, the "require connection for probe control".  Or some sort language.    But the point of having that setting turned on is to force you to remember to do such things.  If you want a cheat to quickly flip on and off, then there's no real point in having the setting enabled in the first place. 

Once in a while, you can forget to add an antenna to probe or lander and most people don't want to revert the whole mission that could've been hours long just because of one thing they forgot. If you forget chutes you can save it in orbit around Kerbin or something but when you forget antenna you just have to revert or disable comms for a while

Edited by Numerlor

1 hour ago, Numerlor said:

Once in a while, you can forget to add an antenna to probe or lander and most people don't want to revert the whole mission that could've been hours long just because of one thing they forgot. If you forget chutes you can save it in orbit around Kerbin or something but when you forget antenna you just have to revert or disable comms for a while

But you already can just click "require connection for probe control" from the settings menu and then your probe will work again. As already stated below. So I dont understand why you would need yet another method for solving this same situation...

1 hour ago, tseitsei89 said:

But you already can just click "require connection for probe control" from the settings menu and then your probe will work again. As already stated below. So I dont understand why you would need yet another method for solving this same situation...

The cheat wouldn't only be to solve these types of situation but it's a lot easier to do it with the cheat

4 hours ago, Numerlor said:

The cheat wouldn't only be to solve these types of situation but it's a lot easier to do it with the cheat

I dont see how this would be any easier than just changing 1 setting with 1 click.

But yeah I understand how this could kind of fun for 5 minutes of fooling around with some silly crafts but...meh I dont see a real use for it.

So all in all I dont see why this needs to be added but if it will be added it's okay

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.