Patch 1.4.3 to be released next week!

UomoCapra

Hello everyone,

Next week we will be releasing patch 1.4.3, which will include various bug fixes and a few improvements for both the base game and the Making History Expansion.

You’ll be glad to hear that this patch will fix the contracts parameter completion log and SMS App firing in all cases. We are also eliminating the possibility of having two tourist/recovery contracts with Kerbals that share the same first name, something that was causing trouble for some of our players.

The issues with the wheels and legs have also been reviewed for this patch. For instance, 1.4.3 fixes the suspension issue for wheels and legs that made them bounce uncontrollably, as well as the issue that caused legs to explode when these got in contact with the ground in some situations. There has also been a lot of work put into improving the ground positioning routines for landed vessels.

Additionally, 1.4.3 will also include localization of the History Pack missions, plus 3 brand new stock missions for the Making History Expansion. What sort of missions you say? Let’s go into some details:

Sally Hut 1

This mission takes inspiration from Salyut 1, the first space station of any kind, launched into low Earth orbit by the Soviet Union. So help Kerbals take their next major step in space exploration by launching the Sally Hut 1 into Kerbin orbit where it will become the first permanent space station! Just like its analogue, Sally Hut 1 will launch without a crew and will be later populated, but this time around, success lays in your hands.

Acapello 13

In this mission you’ll have to reach the Mun, land, plant a flag, pick up a surface sample, and return safely to Kerbin, but space is a dangerous place, and your crew needs to be ready to tackle any obstacles they might face.

Ziggy Kerman and the Spiders from Duna

This mission does not only have a cool name, but its goal is to disprove some mysterious rumors about the nature of Duna, something that can only be accomplished by exploring Kerbin’s nearest neighbor. Be prepared to build an unmanned probe equipped with scientific instruments to explore the Red Planet, just like the Mariner and Viking missions did for humankind in the past.

And that’s not all, we are including a brand new airfield and launchpad, which you’ll be able to use in all game modes as long as you have the expansion installed. And for mission creators, we are also adding the capability to place mobile launchpads on the surface of water bodies. Now you could try out some of those cool SpaceX missions, if  you’re into that kind of thing!

We hope you enjoy these new missions and updates in 1.4.3. We are committed to improving upon KSP, so please continue letting us know if you run into issues by submitting to the Bugtracker and/or the Technical Support Subforums.

Happy launchings!

[UPDATE]
During the final testing stages of the patch 1.4.3 release we identified an unexpected issue that unfortunately has made us take the decision of holding the release until next week. The good news is that we already have a fix in the works, so we are confident that we’ll have the the patch ready by then.

11 minutes ago, UomoCapra said:

We corrected the model scale of the size 4 fairings, is that what you meant? 

I know that @EJ_SA have report on his stream a problem with the fairings having to much drag.

Edited by www2
i forgot some info.

Will it still be possible (and likely) to exit a Mission in such a way as to not be able to continue the game because everything in the Space Center is locked? And will reverting the second launch in the first Mission (and I assume all Missions) cause you to have to replay the first launch?

8 minutes ago, UomoCapra said:

Yes, those will be solved in 1.4.3 too

Excellent news! Thanks for everybody's hard work. :)

Just now, NoMrBond said:

Was a solution found for the aero/re-entry shaders going a bit weird (effects showing through vessels / drastic visual changes depending on view distance)?

We fixed the reentry VFX being broken by parts which don’t have a scale of one. I imagine this is the issue you are referirng to, isn't it? 

9 minutes ago, UomoCapra said:

We fixed the reentry VFX being broken by parts which don’t have a scale of one. I imagine this is the issue you are referirng to, isn't it? 

I'm not entirely sure (was thinking of #17833 & #17834), but I look forward to finding out next week!

Aero/re-entry shaders sometimes can be seen through parts ... NoMrBond's links :)

Separately, I recently had an encounter with a 'class E' asteroid and my craft is embedded slightly below the surface. Found the problem described in bug 18308 on the tracker.  "Asteroid collision does not match up with visual appearance."

20 minutes ago, basic.syntax said:

Aero/re-entry shaders sometimes can be seen through parts ... NoMrBond's links :)

Separately, I recently had an encounter with a 'class E' asteroid and my craft is embedded slightly below the surface. Found the problem described in bug 18308 on the tracker.  "Asteroid collision does not match up with visual appearance."

It says right in the OP where they want bug reports.  Hint: its not in this thread.

11 minutes ago, klesh said:

It says right in the OP where they want bug reports.  Hint: its not in this thread.

UomoCapra started responding to "is my bug fixed" type of questions, my post is just another one. I linked a forum post, because it has a picture that shows the problem (though the pictures in #17834 linked by NoMrBond are better.) 

New content in a minor release? That's a pleasant surprise!

I was honestly expecting MH to not get any new content at all. Plus, more launch sites are always welcome.

Edited by severedsolo