Patch 1.4.3 to be released next week!

UomoCapra

Are the graphics problems under Linux Fixed ? And Can I use a joystick and change my resolution to something other than the monitors default? New launchpads sounds great though if I can actually play this version.

Edited by Delbrutis
after thought

A new airfield and launchpad (nearby ???) gives huge new options to us, like putting the rocket on pad and fly the crew in later...

I was waiting for this all the time! Great! :D

13 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

Next week we will be releasing patch 1.4.3, which will include various bug fixes

None of which are fixing joystick support on GNU/Linux, unless I am missing some white-on-white text there.

What about joysticks on Linux?

Are you actually going to fix this? Why the total silence, despite 2 (and soon 3) patches?
The relevant bug report has been sitting at "investigating" for a month now with no updates at all, do you need more info or what?

Edited by steve_v

Wow, this is awesome!

For sure I'm loving the bugfixes, and really look forward to the new launchsite, not to mention I can start a new career without being spammed with messages.

But personally speaking  @SQUAD and @UomoCapra, the most awesome and appreciative thing about this announcement, is that we're not being confronted with an update that's being dropped upon us like a hot potato. I really like the fact that we're being warned of a planned update release thru an announcement. Here's me hoping that breaking tradition and announcing patch updates will become a new habbit from now on. 

Edited by LoSBoL

WOAH! what an exciting news!

Seems like it is finally time for me to buy the MH and upgrade to 1.4. Please, squad, take you're time and make everything as best as possible.

Edited by EwingKang

15 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

The issues with the wheels and legs have also been reviewed for this patch. For instance, 1.4.3 fixes the suspension issue for wheels and legs that made them bounce uncontrollably, as well as the issue that caused legs to explode when these got in contact with the ground in some situations. There has also been a lot of work put into improving the ground positioning routines for landed vessels.

:sealed: very important. Nice!

I'm delighted by the upcoming bug fixes (exploding LT-2 landing legs have been the bane of my current Career game) but the addition of a new airfield really makes me happy. I've recently discovered enjoyment in long-duration flights over Kerbin and it's nice to have something to fly to. Lately I've been flying to tracking stations and anomalies detected through Kerbnet, and two nights ago I did a pole-to-pole circumnavigation of Kerbin (#protip: the stock Albatross 3 will do a round-the-world flight easily - use auto-strut to heaviest part so you can use 4X physics warp without destroying the plane, and cruise at 9,000 meters and 200 m/s to increase fuel efficiency). 

Having another airfield will be great fun! :) 

Just now, Jimbodiah said:

Now you have to update 300 mods again :(

Not really.

I spent the last week adding some additional functionality to the ToolbarController, will make it easier for modders to use (ie:  me, for now).  All current mods should continue to work, all I really need to do is update the version information, which is a lot easier than what I'm currently going through

No mention of the Wolfhound and Cheetah being fixed. These still had a problem that their thrust vector wasn't centered so they were causing craft to spin.

Has this been fixed? thanks!

4 minutes ago, Jimbodiah said:

Will 1.4.3 actually be play tested, or will it be blindly released and hoping for good fortune like the last updates???

Its a bug fix, technically we have been play-testing for the past month or so.. =P Devs seem to have gotten a handle on things tho.

@UomoCapra Few questions

1. Are the engines models, AND thurst + COM centered correctly?

2. Will Reentry FX still be visible through stock parts?

3. Any pictures of these new airfields? 

Well, I tend to disagree. The last releases were never tested before release, or those engine issues would have been fixed properly instead of the guesswork it turned out to be. It is not our job to do Squads testing, that is their job and what they get paid for. There will be minor bugs, but when you say you fixed something and then not done a thing about them, that shows there is no motivation for any kind of quality. Also that no one noticed things exploding upon landing shows that their dev team is just a bunch of headless chickens at the moment. With new patches coming out faster than I can unlock a techtree, something is seriously wrong at Squad right now.

This bugfix is a bugfix of the last bigfix, which was a bugfix of the original problem. Yeah, QA rules.

18 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Yahoo!

Looking forward to it

This mans work is never done....KSP might as well put him on the payroll ....with out linux and his constant updates to the mods ...the game would be totally dead.  

I would be willing to volunteer as a playtester...  if there was a need. 

I have a decent variety of 30+ craft that I usually try immediately as new updates are released.  I always seem to find that something has gone awry on at least one of them with every update.   Feel free to PM if you all need any help! 

22 minutes ago, XLjedi said:

I would be willing to volunteer as a playtester...  if there was a need. 

I have a decent variety of 30+ craft that I usually try immediately as new updates are released.  I always seem to find that something has gone awry on at least one of them with every update.   Feel free to PM if you all need any help! 

PM sent