Patch 1.4.3 to be released next week!

UomoCapra

@steve_v  I run debian as well, but not as my primary desktop, and not normally for gaming. 

I managed to link to the wrong post on the Unity forums above.  (I'll edit my post above to fix that in a few minutes).  

I meant to link to https://forum.unity.com/threads/no-joystick-detected.475870/ .  In particular read posts #7, 8, 9 and 10 including the bit about

Did it print the game controller info as well?
Or GameController: not a gamepad?

(Unity is currently using the GameController API exclusively)

and 

this means that Unity won't see this as a gamepad by default.

However, there are a number of ways you can configure it to appear as such: 

1 hour ago, AVaughan said:

Did it print the game controller info as well?
Or GameController: not a gamepad?

Spoiler

/tmp/sdl-jstest-master/build # ./sdl2-jstest -l
Found 1 joystick(s)

Joystick Name:     'Mad Catz Mad Catz F.L.Y.5 Stick'
Joystick GUID:     03000000380700000213000011010000
Joystick Number:    0
Number of Axes:     5
Number of Buttons: 14
Number of Hats:     1
Number of Balls:    0
GameController:
  not a gamepad

Further down:

manually set SDL_GAMECONTROLLERCONFIG in your environment

From the bug report:

By setting SDL_GAMECONTROLLERCONFIG in etc/environment now the joystick is recognised and i can store keybinding but not axis, that is happened again in 1.1.2 https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/9679

Edit:
Axis are stored but they don't appear in setting screen and neither work ingame

TL;DR: No, the workaround listed on the Unity forum doesn't work. Not for Badsector, and not for me.

Edited by steve_v

Looking forward to the next, post-1.4.3 announcement thread to see if the same two or three self-crowned Linux kingpins will still be arguing about best practices in software development and joysticks. :wink:

Edited by LameLefty

To those defending or claiming 1.4.2 brought just minor bugs that can be expected:

Both Are full stock and they are in their max altitude capability https://imgur.com/a/nuwrY

Its not a minor bug or something that can be missed.

Its something to cause concern about whats going on.

In the end i am glad its being fixed and i would pay again for the expansion even if i knew what it will come next.

Edited by Boyster

16 minutes ago, Boyster said:

To those defending or claiming 1.4.2 brought just minor bugs that can be expected:

I feel like you're attacking a strawman here. The fairing bug was mentioned time and again as a game-breaker, not a mild error.

Edited by Delay

4 hours ago, Delay said:

I feel like you're attacking a strawman here. The fairing bug was mentioned time and again as a game-breaker, not a mild error.

Yeah i guess you are right.

I just feel so frustrated and uncomfortable knowing that this bug made it through the testing phase.

And if the streamers weren't so active and supportive, how long would it take for players to finally update to 1.4.2 and report this bug...

Edited by Boyster

Just now, Boyster said:

I just feel so frustrated and unconformable knowing that this bug made it through the testing phase.

That's why I stick to 1.4.1 and I won't update to 1.4.3 until I hear actual opinions on it. Then I'll decide if i stick to .1 or switch to .3. In any case I skip .2.

3 hours ago, Delay said:

That's why I stick to 1.4.1 and I won't update to 1.4.3 until I hear actual opinions on it. Then I'll decide if i stick to .1 or switch to .3. In any case I skip .2.

Its a sound logic but i hate missing new content in games i love.

I might do the same if the next updates are  just fixes.

Edited by Boyster

12 hours ago, steve_v said:

I began as accepting and patient. Patches came and went, no mention was made. My patience has expired.
A little bit of (or any) communication would have gone a long way.

My complaint is not that this is not fixed yet, it's that there's been no communication and no apparent progress.
If I see "We hope to have it sorted for 1.4.4", I'll be happy.
Ask me "Can you test [X] and report back" and I'll hop to it.
Give me deafening silence, and I'll be annoyed.

The problem with this is that the little bit of communication that you say would make you happy then becomes an albatross.  Then everyone wants communication for their own pet issue, and they take said communication and weaponize it at the first sign that they're not getting exactly what they want when they want it.  The devs end up spending more time placating people in the forums and putting out fires instead of, you know, actually fixing stuff. 

A big part of rolling out updates is subjecting bugs to a triage process.  Exploding landing legs that affect 99% of users?  High priority.  Joystick bugs that affect a small portion of a fraction of the installed user base?  Low priority.  

If they gave you the communication that you wanted and didn't meet their 'target' then you would just come on here and make an even bigger stink about it.

I've seen this happen in other communities before.  I don't know if you've ever played Rust, but that's a prime example of devs being led off the friggin' rails by too much communication.

Edited by nanobug
Clarification & grammar

12 hours ago, Delay said:

I follow that logic with paired Windows releases... :D Windows 3.1? Yes! Windows 95? Yes!  Windows 98? NNOOOOO!!!! Windows 2000? (Yes, because it worked better than NT for what I wanted it to do) Windows MIllenium? NO!!! Win XP? Yes! Win 7? Yes! Win 8? $%@$@^@^%$& ??? you kidding me?

Edited by smotheredrun

an there is a bug there you have the Island runway and boomerang launshpad will connect to the Relais Network the the Relais antenna ga-2 even if you disable additional groundstations and disable choose different launsh sites

On 4/13/2018 at 10:05 AM, UomoCapra said:

There has also been a lot of work put into improving the ground positioning routines for landed vessels.

Does this mean that the exploding launch pads and craft misplaced on launchpads in the Mission Builder is sorted?

For example--a test I was doing, just with a stock plane to see if I could roll it off the launch pad. It exploded half a second later:

lgyhGOF.png

87wR34W.png

On 4/14/2018 at 8:31 AM, klgraham1013 said:

Good news.  Just say the banner saying they're looking for QA engineers.

Isn't that where you get paid to play KSP or something? If so, then that's my career sorted!

50 minutes ago, LameLefty said:

Well, it's "next week" and Squad used to launch updates on Tuesdays, if I remember correctly ... *fingers crossed*

Yeah... I'm guessing it will come out at about 14:30 Squad time...

Sets countdown

Will this update or the ground positioning thing fix solar panels breaking when they shouldn't? Its really interfering with my gameplay and surface base construction. These designs had worked fine in the past, now....

Spoiler

l7zkP9r.png

Backing out, those gigantors at the front should be fine right? they couldn't possibly hit anything could they?

Whoops, nope, just something invisible that for some reason wasn't interfering with backing out, lulz and fun

K4t56R5.png