Patch 1.4.3 to be released next week!

UomoCapra

21 minutes ago, Nataris said:

Not gonna lie, finding out that the delay for a bug patch that is to fix massive issues with the game (boarder line game breaking) is being held up by bugged additional added content, is beyond frustrating as a consumer.

I think its just a smoke screen to save some face.

My guess is they couldn't fix some of the important bugs so they had to come up with something.

They also consistently avoid mentioning in official posts the fairing drag bug.

Edited by Boyster

25 minutes ago, Boyster said:

My guess is they couldn't fix some of the important bugs so they had to come up with something.

das good spiracy dat is.

32 minutes ago, Boyster said:

It may not be officially posted, but the RoverDude dev has confirmed that the fairing drag has been fixed, it's on the first page of this thread.

8 minutes ago, scimas said:

It may not be officially posted, but the RoverDude dev has confirmed that the fairing drag has been fixed, it's on the first page of this thread.

Well yeah, only after someone asked about it.

Edited by Boyster

1 hour ago, Boyster said:

I think its just a smoke screen to save some face...

To be fair, I think it would look better if they said the problem was the bug fix itself.  "During our final testing, the fairings were still giving us a few issues so we have decided to delay..". 

This is a delay for new stuff when people just want to be able to land on the Mun without exploding lol.

1 hour ago, Boyster said:

That would explain why they don't split the update, publish 1.4.3 with much needed bugfixes and hold back new (bugged) content until 1.4.4, 1.5 or whenever they fix it.

1 hour ago, klgraham1013 said:

Take Two buying the KSP IP.  Anyone who thinks they only bought it for the long tail of KSP1 and some DLC is crazy.

I'm not so sure... while I wouldn't object to having the amazing KSP2 that exists only in the imagination, I don't see any signs of it. T2 could spend considerable time re-making the game with a new team in a new engine and releasing it for $50 in 3 years, or in the same amount of time, they could help Squad spin off DLC 2, 3, and 4 at $15 each, with incremental and necessary updates to the base game to support the DLC's, as they did with 1.4.  Still, it's a big challenge to make each expansion interesting enough, with something appealing to existing and new players.  Parts alone don't do it, b/c so many will say 'there's already a free mod with that.'

2 minutes ago, basic.syntax said:

I'm not so sure... while I wouldn't object to having the amazing KSP2 that exists only in the imagination, I don't see any signs of it. T2 could spend considerable time re-making the game with a new team in a new engine and releasing it for $50 in 3 years, or in the same amount of time, they could help Squad spin off DLC 2, 3, and 4 at $15 each, with incremental and necessary updates to the base game to support the DLC's, as they did with 1.4.  Still, it's a big challenge to make each expansion interesting enough, with something appealing to existing and new players.  Parts alone don't do it, b/c so many will say 'there's already a free mod with that.'

I could actually see both things happening.

More DLC really depends on the sales of MH, as does continued base game development (most likely).  KSP2 on the other hand.  Sequels are a proven market.  I just can't see Take Two buying the IP other than this reason.

Why would they ever need a KSP 2? what would possibly constitute creating another version? There is literally nothing big enough to change the necessitates making it 2.0, its not a story game or something that would have a series, because it literally is a sandbox game. 

Imagine the Kraken being relegated to mythological status by releasing KSP 2.  That by itself would be worth $59.99 to me plus a more polished and deeper career campaign.

Edited by PaloLV

13 minutes ago, Mark Kerbin said:

Why would they ever need a KSP 2? what would possibly constitute creating another version? There is literally nothing big enough to change the necessitates making it 2.0, its not a story game or something that would have a series, because it literally is a sandbox game. 

Where to start?Here 's some that come first in mind:

1)Graphics, 2)Improved engine to handle better more parts and even more mods, 3)Easier implementation for expansions and most importantly

4)Marketing, a new sequel always sells better than dlcs if the predecessor is successful, which in this case  i think its the best and only in the genre Kerbal is representing.

Edited by Boyster

14 minutes ago, Mark Kerbin said:

I read this as sarcasm and I agree.

15 minutes ago, Mark Kerbin said:

that must be why I have over 50 mods (and I guess some have wayyy more than me)

3 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

I read this as sarcasm and I agree.

Im not being at all sarcastic. There is literally no point in wasting time and money building a game that essentially already exists. Sure they could shift to another engine, but its not going to happen in the  near future, or possibly ever.

And you know what, its clear I just stuck my face in an impending flame war, so I will be ignoring this part of this discussion 

4 minutes ago, genbrien said:

that must be why I have over 50 mods (and I guess some have wayyy more than me)

On 13/04/2018 at 8:05 AM, UomoCapra said:

Hello everyone,

Next week we will be releasing patch 1.4.3, which will include various bug fixes and a few improvements for both the base game and the Making History Expansion.

You’ll be glad to hear that this patch will fix the contracts parameter completion log and SMS App firing in all cases. We are also eliminating the possibility of having two tourist/recovery contracts with Kerbals that share the same first name, something that was causing trouble for some of our players.

The issues with the wheels and legs have also been reviewed for this patch. For instance, 1.4.3 fixes the suspension issue for wheels and legs that made them bounce uncontrollably, as well as the issue that caused legs to explode when these got in contact with the ground in some situations. There has also been a lot of work put into improving the ground positioning routines for landed vessels.

Additionally, 1.4.3 will also include localization of the History Pack missions, plus 3 brand new stock missions for the Making History Expansion. What sort of missions you say? Let’s go into some details:

Sally Hut 1

This mission takes inspiration from Salyut 1, the first space station of any kind, launched into low Earth orbit by the Soviet Union. So help Kerbals take their next major step in space exploration by launching the Sally Hut 1 into Kerbin orbit where it will become the first permanent space station! Just like its analogue, Sally Hut 1 will launch without a crew and will be later populated, but this time around, success lays in your hands.

Acapello 13

In this mission you’ll have to reach the Mun, land, plant a flag, pick up a surface sample, and return safely to Kerbin, but space is a dangerous place, and your crew needs to be ready to tackle any obstacles they might face.

Ziggy Kerman and the Spiders from Duna

This mission does not only have a cool name, but its goal is to disprove some mysterious rumors about the nature of Duna, something that can only be accomplished by exploring Kerbin’s nearest neighbor. Be prepared to build an unmanned probe equipped with scientific instruments to explore the Red Planet, just like the Mariner and Viking missions did for humankind in the past.

And that’s not all, we are including a brand new airfield and launchpad, which you’ll be able to use in all game modes as long as you have the expansion installed. And for mission creators, we are also adding the capability to place mobile launchpads on the surface of water bodies. Now you could try out some of those cool SpaceX missions, if  you’re into that kind of thing!

We hope you enjoy these new missions and updates in 1.4.3. We are committed to improving upon KSP, so please continue letting us know if you run into issues by submitting to the Bugtracker and/or the Technical Support Subforums.

Happy launchings!

[UPDATE]
During the final testing stages of the patch 1.4.3 release we identified an unexpected issue that unfortunately has made us take the decision of holding the release until next week. The good news is that we already have a fix in the works, so we are confident that we’ll have the the patch ready by then.

Next week is a relative time frame. Please  date your “UPDATE”. The only date stated I can see is the 13th I also don’t see an ‘edited date’? 

21 minutes ago, silverfox101 said:

is there any need for Civilization 6

Civ V was so good by the time they finally tweaked it up all the way, and Civ VI was by comparison lame when it first came out. But now Civ VI just seems like the right way to do the same idea and Civ V seems like it is missing so much.

3 minutes ago, bonyetty said:

Next week is a relative time frame. Please  date your “UPDATE”. The only date stated I can see is the 13th I also don’t see an ‘edited date’? 

Date their updates, pft, that means they would have to stick to a schedule. Sorry Squad a bit below the belt that one.

@mikegarrison don't tell me that I'm still on Civ v

Edited by silverfox101

4 hours ago, BLN said:

I'm not a developper but Rockstar has the money and knowledge on which would suit best or even develop an engine for the game.

It’s not as simple as you think. Are you aware of any other game that does what KSP does? I’m not. The only real option for Take2 would be to build a custom engine and as successful as KSP is, it’s not that successful. Space Engineers built their own engine and that didn’t turn out so well. 

2 minutes ago, bonyetty said:

Apparently you are not familiar with the KSP tradition of announcing updates weeks before they happen with no actual date attached, and then suddenly having the game update itself one day.

43 minutes ago, mikegarrison said:

Apparently you are not familiar with the KSP tradition of announcing updates weeks before they happen with no actual date attached, and then suddenly having the game update itself one day.

Well aware! True not a date, but this time one of 7 possibly dates. “Next week” twice in the same post with only the 13th stated from what I can see. 

Edit possibly I’m being a bit pedantic but it’s a discussion initiated by SQUAD about correcting software code.

Edited by bonyetty

Player opinion, not moderator post. 

Squad: We are working on an update. 

Forum: You don't give them to us fast enough! 

Squad: If we give you release dates and then delays happen, you get mad. 

Forum: No! You MUST give us ALL THE INFORMATION! 

Squad: Okay, probably next week. 

Forum: WHERE IS IT? Furor, hubbub, ire, complaints! 

Squad: [depressed silence] 

Forum: WHY DON'T YOU TELL US WHEN UPDATES WILL ARRIVE?