Patch 1.4.3 to be released next week!

UomoCapra

4 hours ago, nanobug said:

Apparently this is okay with you, and that's fine, but can you really not understand why others might have a problem with that?

This is what bothers me the most.  If you're okay waiting a month for landing legs to be fixed, or have the means to play a earlier install (me), that's fine.  What about new costumers who bought the game seeing it had DLC now?  The fact is, landing legs have been broken for a month.  If you can't, at least, understand why some people might me upset about that...

1 minute ago, klgraham1013 said:

In what manor?  Mine aren't exploding as 1 meter a second.

Ah, I thought you meant the issue where the feet on the legs are not actually in any position to land on... I mean come on, I've used those legs several times and they rarely work right...

1 minute ago, Mrcarrot said:

Ah, I thought you meant the issue where the feet on the legs are not actually in any position to land on... I mean come on, I've used those legs several times and they rarely work right...

Oh, yeah.  The graphical glitch with the feet?  I always found it weird that that ever broke at all.  Wonder what happened.  Still, the core gameplay loop of actually landing things was not broken.

1 minute ago, klgraham1013 said:

Oh, yeah.  The graphical glitch with the feet?  I always found it weird that that ever broke at all.  Wonder what happened.  Still, the core gameplay loop of actually landing things was not broken.

I've found that that glitch is not merely graphical in nature... that bug quite frequently screws up my landings.

Are you talking about the issue where the legs explode. It has nothing to do with speed, they do it on the launch pad - but did not do it before the upgrade.

By the way has the 'admin bug' and the issues with the tracking station map flickering also been resolved?

Keith

1 hour ago, klgraham1013 said:

I've decided I'm going to start using the game developer's definition of released for my job in maintenance.  This is going to sweet.

Hmm, sounds good to me.
Here you go, job done.
depositphotos_34638595-_Messy-electricit

Just never ask me to debug it, debugging is hard.

19 minutes ago, steve_v said:

Hmm, sounds good to me.
Here you go, job done.
depositphotos_34638595-_Messy-electricit

Just never ask me to debug it, debugging is hard.

hehehe.... let's see... on top of all the electrical problems that might be lurking about, there are probably half a dozen birds living in there... and a pair of squirrels... and quite possibly a hornet's nest or three... yeah, that's some serious bug-hunting territory!!!  lmao!!!

2 hours ago, silverfox101 said:

I always close my eyes during re entry anyway, if the worst happens I don't want to see it :)

You quoted the wrong guy there. I don't mind much at all, but if it was me, I would have said "reentry effects are the ugliest I've personally seen." They could have been uglier in older versions, but I've been around since 1.2.2 only.

47 minutes ago, Mrcarrot said:

If I recall correctly, reentry effects have looked the same since at least version 0.25.

Just for kicks, I fired up an old copy of 0.21 and launched a capsule straight up. The reentry effects didn't kick in until you were down to about 25km, had no effect at all on the craft (purely visual), and were pretty minimal. IMO, they still looked better than what we currently have, though.

OBscytM.jpg

Now, for those of you complaining about the landing gear bug and other "game breaking bugs" in 1.4.2, I forgot that 0.21 had an AWESOME bug in it: back then, the biggest fuel tank was the Jumbo-64 (the orange tank) and the biggest engine was the Mainsail. And if you put a Mainsail directly below a Jumbo-64 tank, the Mainsail would overheat in seconds and explode! How's that for a bug? You had to work around it by sticking another small fuel tank between the Jumbo-64 and the Mainsail, and then the engine would still start to overheat but it wouldn't get hot enough to explode.

Edited by Johnny Wishbone
Added image

4 minutes ago, Wallygator said:

If you can find a new copy it's worth a small fortune!

I’m sure there is a joke there, but I’m failing to find it. Are you mocking me for being redundant in calling 0.21 “old” because it is old by definition? I’m lost.

18 minutes ago, Johnny Wishbone said:

I’m sure there is a joke there, but I’m failing to find it. Are you mocking me for being redundant in calling 0.21 “old” because it is old by definition? I’m lost.

I assume he was referring to collectibles, e.g., a mint condition Star Wars character, etc.