Patch 1.4.3 to be released next week!

UomoCapra

11 hours ago, Fourjays said:

The previous effects were definitely better and I'm not sure why they even changed them.

They didn't change the efects. AFAIK, the change was consequence of the engine upgrade.

2 hours ago, Fourjays said:

was there any reason for Squad's QA to suspect that the landing legs may be broken?

The engine upgrade should have raised suspicion on many aspects, especially the ones that had been problematic in previous engine upgrades. Wheels and leg physics are among them.

1 hour ago, RoboRay said:

Next week is always next week!

That's why "next week" was a wise decision. SQUAD is always on time.

Personally, I'd prefer quality, even if it costs another 1 or 2 weeks of testing.

Edited by DoToH

...I'm done playing games...it's time for someone to pay!

Every hour until the patch is released I'm going to launch one Kerbal into the sun!!  Poor Bill goes first, followed by @Poodmund Gaelen!!

You've been warned  :D 

2 minutes ago, Tyko said:

Every hour until the patch is released I'm going to launch one Kerbal into the sun!!  Poor Bill goes first, followed by @Poodmund Gaelen!!

I say we make it a weekly challenge. Whoever can launch the most Kerbal into the sun in a single launch. ;)

1 hour ago, Tyko said:

Squad has consistently, and publicly, stated that they will not negotiate with terrorists.

All the same, though. Couldn't hurt. :)

6 hours ago, Johnny Wishbone said:

No, though it did take them several releases to fix all the bugs and issues associated with docking.

v0.18.0

Released 1st December, 2012

New

• Docking: Connecting vessels together is now possible! Build space stations, surface bases, or assemble huge spacecraft in orbit.

Version 0.20 introduced the large docking port

v0.20

Released 21st May, 2013

New

• Large Docking Clamp.

Rememebr the large docking clamp bug? You would come close to docking and the kraken would shoot you out to infinity.

5 minutes ago, sp1989 said:

Rememebr the large docking clamp bug? You would come close to docking and the kraken would shoot you out to infinity.

Yep, altho' that bug didn't show up in the Mac OSX version, but it had some other memorable issues.

Edited by GDJ

25 minutes ago, GDJ said:

Yep, altho' that bug didn't show up in the Mac OSX version, but it had some other memorable issues.

The MacOS version of KSP is flawless. My machine hangs and restart before KSP have a chance of doing something buggy.

I miss the times when MacOS updates were paid. They had to convince us to buy the thing, so the thing must works. Now? They shove new, terribly bugged new versions down our throats and nobody can do something about - except going for Linux or Windows instead.

55 minutes ago, silverfox101 said:

Wherefore art thou Squad

Listening, I mean, reading us.

25 minutes ago, TriggerAu said:

When I try to click on this link

1.4.X to 1.4.3(x64) This patch will only work on KSP 1.4.X for Windows (x64).

to download it, it still just gives me the KSPx64-Patch-1.4.X-To-1.4.2.exe version. Tried installing it just to make sure and it's definitely the 1.4.2 version still.

10 minutes ago, Hodari said:

When I try to click on this link

1.4.X to 1.4.3(x64) This patch will only work on KSP 1.4.X for Windows (x64).

to download it, it still just gives me the KSPx64-Patch-1.4.X-To-1.4.2.exe version. Tried installing it just to make sure and it's definitely the 1.4.2 version still.

thanks, Ive reported that back to the support guys

In the meantime you can use this link: https://www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/lib/highwindsDwn.php?version=win64-patch-14X-143 

12 hours ago, Capt. Hunt said:

try reading the post you quoted.  It says right there on the bottom that they encountered another issue with the new content.  Since then they've also run across a couple more bugs in 1.4.2 that needed fixing.  It'll come out eventually.

Lol. I remember to have checked through the whole message and didn't see that... So or I'm stupid, or they added it later, nevertheless it is here!