Patch 1.4.3 to be released next week!

UomoCapra

11 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

Player opinion, not moderator post. 

Squad: We are working on an update. 

Forum: You don't give them to us fast enough! 

Squad: If we give you release dates and then delays happen, you get mad. 

Forum: No! You MUST give us ALL THE INFORMATION! 

Squad: Okay, probably next week. 

Forum: WHERE IS IT? Furor, hubbub, ire, complaints! 

Squad: [depressed silence] 

Forum: WHY DON'T YOU TELL US WHEN UPDATES WILL ARRIVE? 

Okay, this is rather humorous and true at the same time.

4 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

It’s not the “Forum”, just a couple of impatient players. I, for instance, don’t give a damn about update release dates (or mod update dates). It's out when it’s done, and my questions or demands are certainly not going to affect its readiness.

31 minutes ago, sh1pman said:

It’s not the “Forum”, just a couple of impatient players. I, for instance, don’t give a damn about update release dates (or mod update dates). It's out when it’s done, and my questions or demands are certainly not going to affect its readiness.

This, so much this. I'd rather it take months and not introduce more bugs than be released before its ready and mess things up more than it fixes!

18 minutes ago, RobertJPowell said:

This, so much this. I'd rather it take months and not introduce more bugs than be released before its ready and mess things up more than it fixes!

I totally agree with this...

...in regards to 1.4.0

5 hours ago, sh1pman said:

Indeed... the players that are fine waiting make no noise. I've been waiting, I want the patch and the fix to the fairings (and hopefully the breaking solar panels), and some of the other new features... but I can wait and I've been silently waiting. Lets not forget something that applies to many aspects of society... you tend to notice the a--holes and whiners more 

6 hours ago, sh1pman said:

This is exactly it. Alot of this thread over the last week or so has been "take your time, get it right" - now Squad have said they are doing that, those people are just silently nodding, and the impatient people are piping up. The truth is that most people only say something if they aren't happy.

For example, in my job I recently went through a qualification where basically I had to demonstrate that I am delivering good customer service. One of the questions was "how do you know that what you did was successful" and literally 99.9% of the answers I gave were "the customer didn't phone us back" - because they only ever phone if it's not right.

6 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Dude you are hillarious ... no really ^<^

But the core issue and i will sound like a broken record by now.

I stopped playing KSP for some time because after bulding  bases on several planets with a decent ammount of infrastructure. Suddenly they where gone weeks of work boom gone.

Later i learned about the FP problems but also the exodus of the initial dev team Take2 comming into the picture. 

After a long break and i notice the drama is still going on wich is no surprise.

There is only 1 solution and it has to come from the community itself.

What Blender is for 3D Studiomax, we need that for KSP. Plain and simple.

Because you can argue all you want on this forum. It won't change a thing, i mean seriously what development team doesn't know the workflow of separating updates from bugfix releases. It's a total waste of time and energy trying to reason with Squad.

You guys sure are demanding of very small group of coders. 

I look at other MAJOR studios that have released unfinished games that they have just abandoned and moved onto other projects, and I feel good about the way Squad has been working on KSP. 

They're still working on it is the key point.

Relax and shut up. 

53 minutes ago, G'th said:

I for one implore Squad to not release 1.4.3. So that I can continue with my Steam install uninterrupted while I still sort out my mod list xD

You've been here over 4 years and never heard of copying your Steam install of KSP to another folder and running it from there? Saves having your game trashed by every Steam update.

1 minute ago, JAFO said:

You've been here over 4 years and never heard of copying your Steam install of KSP to another folder and running it from there? Saves having your game trashed by every Steam update.

I have in fact heard of this concept. 

Seems a bit above my skill level though. Supposedly involves some kind of use of a keyboard and navigation of some kind of "Windows" system. 

59 minutes ago, G'th said:

I have in fact heard of this concept. 

Seems a bit above my skill level though. Supposedly involves some kind of use of a keyboard and navigation of some kind of "Windows" system. 

If you can handle the steep learning curve of KSP, and you've already learned how to install mods, then there is nothing keeping you from learning how to create a second KSP install which can't be ruined by updates.

How to create a second KSP install in Steam.

* One remark for the video, you see the author select 'KSP.exe' to add to steam, but that's the old version, you should nowadays select 'KSP_x64.exe' instead to run the new 64-bit version of KSP.

Edited by LoSBoL

7 minutes ago, LoSBoL said:

If you can handle the steep learning curve of KSP, and you've already learned how to install mods, then there is nothing keeping you from learning how to create a second KSP install which can't be ruined by updates.

* One remark for the video, you see the author select 'KSP.exe' to add to steam, but that's the old version, you should nowadays select 'KSP_x64.exe' instead to run the new 64-bit version of KSP.

Idk man, these instructions we'rent clear enough. My dog now owns my house and I owe 5 sandwiches to the Earl of Lacrosse team. :(

10 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

(Skip to next week) Squad: well... Here's your update.

Forum: Hey, this is buggy! Didn't you take any time to play test it?

Forum: When is the next patch?...

DIYD, DIYD...
-Slashy

2 hours ago, Gargamel said:

I look at other MAJOR studios that have released unfinished games that they have just abandoned and moved onto other projects, and I feel good about the way Squad has been working on KSP. 

Relax and shut up. 

You telling us and therefore me personally to shut up doesn't give me a relaxed state of mind. But seperating bugfixes and content updates does.

Pretty disappointing that the patch is delayed due to new launchpads that I probably won't ever use.  New content is nice, but 1.4.2 is basically unplayable right now.  I don't understand why bug fixes are being tied to content updates.

I appreciate the continued work on this game so don't take it as a lack of gratitude.  It would just be nice to not have updates that introduce showstopping bugs, then the patches to fix said bugs being delayed not because the bug fixes don't work, but because some new launchpads don't work.  Fix the bugs first.  We can wait on the launchpads.

This is no longer an early access title.  It's time to stop treating it like one.

Edited by nanobug

9 minutes ago, GoSlash27 said:

(Skip to next week) Squad: well... Here's your update.

Forum: Hey, this is buggy! Didn't you take any time to play test it?

Forum: When is the next patch?...

DIYD, DIYD...
-Slashy

You forgot the pitchfork swinging cried complaining that mod [insert random mod name here] is claiming not to be compatible, thus preventing them from playing. Next thing some KSP users will start spamming each and every mod thread with the same succinct words: "Is [insert random mod name here] compatible with version 1.4.n [where n is an integer value with n = 3...99], with some omitting random words from this sentence (probably for efficiency's sake, I don't know), much to the delight of the modding community...

WARNING: Previous post might contain trace amounts of sarcasm, irony or humor. If you are allergic to any of these substances, do not read....

Duh...

2 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Relax and shut up. 

I don't see people being demanding I see people that have bought the game and are just not happy that certain bugs that effect gameplay, are being held back. That's fair enough in my opinion. As I said in an earlier post non of the comments are a personal attack on Squad developers but rather complaints or frustrations aimed at Squad the company. Nothing wrong with that.

7 minutes ago, nanobug said:

It would just be nice to not have updates that introduce showstopping bugs, then the patches to fix said bugs being delayed not because the bug fixes don't work, but because some new launchpads don't work.  Fix the bugs first.  We can wait on the launchpads.

Yes, it would be nice, wouldn't it. Almost as nice as a .0 release that didn't need a bunch of "hotfixes" in the first place.

If the news was along the lines of "We're going to delay this patch a bit to make sure we squash all the bugs you guys are lamenting", I'd be ecstatic. But no, it's the new last-minute launchpad that's holding things up, and there are still outstanding 1.4.0 bugs that aren't being addressed at all in this patch.

9 minutes ago, steve_v said:

Yes, it would be nice, wouldn't it. Almost as nice as a .0 release that didn't need a bunch of "hotfixes" in the first place.

If the news was along the lines of "We're going to delay this patch a bit to make sure we squash all the bugs you guys are lamenting", I'd be ecstatic. But no, it's the new last-minute launchpad that's holding things up, and there are still outstanding 1.4.0 bugs that aren't being addressed at all in this patch.

Agreed.  It's not the delay I have an issue with, but the stated reasons for it are a bit annoying.  I'm fine with waiting a week if it means the bugs will be squashed, but hearing that the current bugs are squashed but we're waiting for them to fix some new content bothers me because the current build of the game is a mess.

If they have an understaffed QA dept.  then I would suggest creating a prerelease beta build and just letting players who are interested take part in bug testing.  That way they can push their new features out and get help squashing bugs without messing up the stable channel.   I'd much rather have a stable release than a new launchpad.

As it stands they're still treating this like an early access title, pushing out releases with major issues.  I sympathize with their struggles but they should really reevaluate this strategy as it's unfair to paying customers who don't know what they're getting into.

Edited by nanobug

55 minutes ago, LoSBoL said:

This is the bane of KSP players. I don't know how is not a legitimate reason anymore. (if it ever was.)

1 minute ago, snkiz said:

This is the bane of KSP players. I don't know how is not a legitimate reason anymore. (if it ever was.)

Copying files and executing executables is "using a computer" 101. "I don't know how" is just ridiculous.